Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11B4O

Just finished

21 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,391 battles

Finally got the 50K flooding done. I feel like I should get a blue ribbon or something LOL. I mean how many times did anybody else get 6 floodings for 954 damage? I'm sure it was a lot. This was one of the most challenging RNG based missions since way way back to the 300 fires as part of the original ARP Myoko. 

• Cool 1

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,143 posts
6,479 battles

Haha!  Yeah it's a tricky one.  I must have gotten 10-15 floods before I finally got it finished.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
13 minutes ago, Apewar said:

its nice they put some challenge back into the game

I disagree.  This task wasn't "challenging".  It was downright ridiculous.  There was no skill involved.  It was nothing but plain dumb luck.  Instead, the task should have been something like 200k of torpedo and flooding damage combined.  This way, you wouldn't be held hostage to the vagaries of luck.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,012 posts
13,569 battles
4 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I disagree.  This task wasn't "challenging".  It was downright ridiculous.  There was no skill involved.  It was nothing but plain dumb luck.  Instead, the task should have been something like 200k of torpedo and flooding damage combined.  This way, you wouldn't be held hostage to the vagaries of luck.

200k waaaaayyyyyy too easy.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
15 minutes ago, K538 said:

Haha!  Yeah it's a tricky one.  I must have gotten 10-15 floods before I finally got it finished.

I've had many more torp hits and floods than that.  The problem is that you never know when the ship you hit will have already expended its DC party and is primed to have a flood stick or not.  Furthermore, when I'm trying to torp an enemy, my true goal is to get as many torp hits and as much raw damage as possible and sink him.  Of course, it's not that likely to happen, but that's the goal.  I'm not trying to land a single torp hit that gets a flood, in the hopes of hitting him again a little later to do the same thing.

I'm more than happy to play stealthy ninja torp boats and try to get torp hits and torp damage.  But having a task requiring any sort of significant amount flooding damage is much to random and difficult and IMO counter to good torp boat play to be a good mission requirement.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
1 minute ago, SgtSpud said:

200k waaaaayyyyyy too easy.

Don't care.  50k flood damage is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too random and difficult and largely beyond the control of the DD player.

Beta Testers
1,012 posts
13,569 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Don't care.  50k flood damage is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too random and difficult and largely beyond the control of the DD player.

Agreed 50k flooding is nasty I have been stuck around 43k for about 6 games. Very difficult, I was just saying that 200k torp damage is too easy to get.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
9 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

Agreed 50k flooding is nasty I have been stuck around 43k for about 6 games. Very difficult, I was just saying that 200k torp damage is too easy to get.

Heck, I'm stuck under 10k and have been for quite a while.  It may be comparatively easy to get 200k torp damage, but it would require a fair amount of work, unless you have a tier 9 or 10 torp DD and are good with it.

[5IN]
Members
1,785 posts
8,109 battles

I got the 50k, but it took forever.  Players DC too quickly so getting flooding is pretty hard.  I was stuck at the 25k mark for awhile but hit a NC that couldn't DC and took me to a little under 50.  After that it was only a few more games.  Whew.  A grind for sure.

Good luck to those still working on it.

B

Beta Testers
715 posts
3,660 battles

It took me (appx) 19 games to finish off the 23k I had left. I got the initial 27k super fast. Then it was all 0 to 900 dmg flooding match after match. The ultimate troll came when, at my final 953 flooding to complete the mission, I had a game where I got over 19k flooding dmg. :Smile-angry:

[SKI]
Members
134 posts
5,249 battles

I got lucky. I ran into 2 BB that like to put out 1 fire before I hit them with Gearings torps. 29000 on 1, 26000 on the other. to bad it didn't count for my 2 kills, win and in top 5. just not going to get it done.

[TBW]
Members
6,324 posts
11,883 battles
2 hours ago, Crucis said:

Gonna have to agree. This made the DD's not play for the team and that part of the game is bad enough already. Missions that retract from the main objective should not even be considered. What are the staff thinking. Team oriented challenges, Like spotting and stuff that helps the team. Making people drive the ship wrong is not a good thing at all. I can't wait till this mission is over and there aren't so many DD's out there. Oh wait they are releasing the Pan DD's and they will still be out in droves. I don't mind 5 or 6 DD's in some battles but not all of them.

Beta Testers
1,012 posts
13,569 battles

After I got the flooding done ....only took 3 more matches to complete the next two stages.  I'm tired. 

12 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

This made the DD's not play for the team and that part of the game is bad enough already. Missions that retract from the main objective should not even be considered.

Actually, I started these missions yesterday and I have to say that I haven't had a win streak like this for a while, if anything I had to work harder.  It took 38 battles total and I finished with an overall WR of just over 68%. I do agree however that missions like this with 10 or more DDs  are just plain silly. 

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
13 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

After I got the flooding done ....only took 3 more matches to complete the next two stages.  I'm tired. 

Actually, I started these missions yesterday and I have to say that I haven't had a win streak like this for a while, if anything I had to work harder.  It took 38 battles total and I finished with an overall WR of just over 68%. I do agree however that missions like this with 10 or more DDs  are just plain silly. 

I'd probably be able to finish the other stages easily, if not for the damned flooding stage.

32 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Gonna have to agree. This made the DD's not play for the team and that part of the game is bad enough already. Missions that retract from the main objective should not even be considered. What are the staff thinking. Team oriented challenges, Like spotting and stuff that helps the team. Making people drive the ship wrong is not a good thing at all. I can't wait till this mission is over and there aren't so many DD's out there. Oh wait they are releasing the Pan DD's and they will still be out in droves. I don't mind 5 or 6 DD's in some battles but not all of them.

Even when I'm playing torp boat DD's, I may not entirely play the way that some might prefer, but whenever I launch torps, I'm trying to maximize damage and get kills, not trying to game the system to get flooding damage.  I take when I get it, and sadly, it's just too damned random to be a good stage requirement IMO.

[NOOOB]
Members
1,438 posts
12,053 battles

Enjoyed mission 3 and mission 4.  Both took a little bit of work, but I liked the challenge - played different DDs, every tier 5-10 but 9.  Finished 4 with a Leningrad, got most of the 50K flooding with my Z-52 on a Yammi who had used repair - some had had it very easy finding a AFK BB - liked the missions because different then the straight damage, experience or torp hits in other missions.  

[NGA-B]
Members
1,206 posts
7,635 battles

On Friday, 30 "Floods" for little over 2k damage. Once CW is over I'm going to have to send my laptop away to get repaired since I broke one of the joints and damaged the screen. Fortunately for my computer, Khab and Gremy netted me the third and forth objectives on the first matches of Sunday and Monday.

Members
416 posts

I also found this part of the mission awful. It was frustrating to sink ships rather than have them flood, to the point that I wanted to give up. I realized that the mission was making me play way worse than usual, so I decided to play it cool and let things happen. As soon as I stopped caring and just wanted to have fun, the floods came. 

Congrats, OP, on completing the annoying part!

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles

Well, I did change my torp tactics in order to complete this stage...when I could without tanking the game.  I got lucky, too, because I found two battleships that decided to go solo to one side of the map when I was in Fubuki (do they really think DD players don't notice this???).  I had time to widen my torp spreads and land a single hit with two of my torp launchers, then once he used his damage control I hit him again with the third launcher.  Flooding commenced.  Repeat for the second BB.  I think I racked up 43,000 flooding damage in that game, alone.

Members
3,411 posts
6,072 battles
12 hours ago, Apewar said:

its nice they put some challenge back into the game

And the whining back into the forums, as if we needed more... ;)

Sign in to follow this