You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DeletedUser

Best flag for Pan-Asian ships?

Pan-Asian flag  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which flag should be on the new Pan-Asian ships?

• I like the current Red & Gold with dragon flag
    • I like the HSF flags best, use both and have a choice
    • I like the ARP flag best, White & Blue
    • I like the Corgi flag
    • I think all ships should have no flag and solve the problem
    • I think they should use the flags that belong on each nations historic ships

34 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
16,723 posts
17,314 battles

A. I think that the national flags that are appropriate for each ship would be the best flags to put on the ships themselves.

B. For the background image of the ships in the  carousel, I think that they should have a different flag.  IMO, the Gold dragon on a Red background is much too mainland Chinese.  So I have a couple of suggestions.

1. Keep the dragon, but change the color scheme to a white dragon on a light blue background that seems a little more politically neutral.

2. Keep the dragon, but use the color scheme from the Indian flag, saffron orange for the dragon with a green background.

At least this way, the entire flag doesn't scream mainland China.

Just a thought.

• Cool 3

Members
0 posts
12 minutes ago, Crucis said:

A. I think that the national flags that are appropriate for each ship would be the best flags to put on the ships themselves.

B. For the background image of the ships in the  carousel, I think that they should have a different flag.  IMO, the Gold dragon on a Red background is much too mainland Chinese.  So I have a couple of suggestions.

1. Keep the dragon, but change the color scheme to a white dragon on a light blue background that seems a little more politically neutral.

2. Keep the dragon, but use the color scheme from the Indian flag, saffron orange for the dragon with a green background.

At least this way, the entire flag doesn't scream mainland China.

Just a thought.

I agree with you on all points,  did that just happen!?!?

GlVBzOr.gif

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,747 posts
11,364 battles

National flags for each ship is they way to go, but as far as the additional flag... I always fly the Corgi and Crossbones flag.

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,238 battles

I would put the Red & Gold Dragon flag on my S. Dragon Myoko but that's it.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
11 hours ago, Crucis said:

Yeah I think would be for the best.

As far as the carousel background, I am not sure there.

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,238 battles
10 hours ago, aethervox said:

I would put the Red & Gold Dragon flag on my S. Dragon Myoko but that's it.

& I will not be playing any PA ships that cannot fly their national flag.

7 hours ago, Minah_Bang said:

What, you don't like the chicken!?!

LOL. It really is only good for the Year of the Chicken (Rooster) - the Red Dragon flag does look a lot nicer.

There is now a better use for the Chicken Flag - it should be the new WoWS logo since they caved in to Chinese fascism.

• Cool 1

Members
0 posts
2 hours ago, aethervox said:

There is now a better use for the Chicken Flag - it should be the new WoWS logo since they caved in to Chinese fascism.

lmbo...OMG, I can't breath, I am laughing so hard!

• Cool 1

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

Anyone got a picture of an Asian person dressed up as Peter Pan? That'd be the perfect Pan Asia flag since the current one is already kind of a joke. 

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
19 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Crossbones flag.

More accurately that would be called the Jolly Roger flag.

Edited by Silver_kun

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
6 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

Anyone got a picture of an Asian person dressed up as Peter Pan? That'd be the perfect Pan Asia flag since the current one is already kind of a joke. 

c3e75066d2a01ebef4e58267f4e4648e--filly-disney-magic.jpg

Here, I found the image for you lol.

Edited by Silver_kun
  • Cool 3

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,747 posts
11,364 battles
2 hours ago, Silver_kun said:

More accurately that would be called the Jolly Roger flag.

I am not talking about the Jolly Roger (skull and crossbones), I said what I meant, Corgi and Crossbones. Maybe the Jolly Corgi?

5a1dfd8bbc4d6_ScreenShot2017-11-28at6_19_59PM.png.4a162c8bf23e372925bfc7b9ed6b438c.png

Members
0 posts
23 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I am not talking about the Jolly Roger (skull and crossbones), I said what I meant, Corgi and Crossbones. Maybe the Jolly Corgi?

5a1dfd8bbc4d6_ScreenShot2017-11-28at6_19_59PM.png.4a162c8bf23e372925bfc7b9ed6b438c.png

That is one of the choices listed in the poll, I forgot there are two Corgi flags.

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,402 posts

I feel for you but there isn't much that can be done at this time. What WG did could possibly be a temporary solution while they figure out a more permanent one that'll keep both China and China happy.
For everything else there's mods~

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles

In my most humble opinion, the Pan-Asian flag should represent WoW's feelings towards the community as a whole at the time of release of this newest line of ships, the Pan-Asian line.

Therefore, the flag should have a red, Russian background, and depict a heavy, developers boot pressing a player down into the ground while the mighty hand of power-creep rummages through his pockets, fleecing him for any money they might have missed previously.

Just my opinion.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
5,370 posts
17,840 battles
19 minutes ago, Umikami said:

In my most humble opinion, the Pan-Asian flag should represent WoW's feelings towards the community as a whole at the time of release of this newest line of ships, the Pan-Asian line.

Therefore, the flag should have a red, Russian background, and depict a heavy, developers boot pressing a player down into the ground while the mighty hand of power-creep rummages through his pockets, fleecing him for any money they might have missed previously.

Just my opinion.

Just a brilliant idea, I second this motion..(literally spit coffee thru nose laughing when I read your post)

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
28 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Just a brilliant idea, I second this motion..(literally spit coffee thru nose laughing when I read your post)

Thank you for your support.

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
19 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Oh, I am sorry, I couldn't catch what you were saying.

Jolly Corgi is a nice name.

[JFSOC]
Members
916 posts
2,651 battles

The common, ramen noodle flag...  You can have variety of colors to reflect chicken, beef, shrimp, curry, etc....

[LOU1]
Members
2,898 posts
8,004 battles

If I understand correctly, there is the problem that some players may actually have RL problems for having certain flags on their ships.

Beta Testers
1,302 posts
3,585 battles

It works you don't want to really change it otherwise china will get mad they take things like this very seriously. It would impact wg business it may seem like a small thing to us, but in China it is a huge thing. As for changing the flag in other regions yes that could be done. The idea is a neutral line that represents 4 or 5 different nations and the current flag accomplishes just that. Let's leave things as they are instead of changing them as we are not the ingame content team. feel free to disagree this is my stance on the matter.