You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
samn111

changing carrier loadout

5 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
308 battles

Newbie here.  I just upgrade my Langley to "B version"  Is there a way to change how many planes of each type I can hold? If so, how?  Is the Langley fixed at three squads at a time?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by samn111

Members
8,081 posts
17,038 battles

No, and yes.

The flight module upgrades change what types of planes you have, (from a Wildcat to a Hellcat, to use Independance aircraft as an example,) but there is no way to change the number of aircraft in the squads.

The only exception to this is the level 4 commander's skill Air Supremacy, which adds +1 aircraft each to your fighters and divebombers. However, that still doesn't change how many aircraft the carrier has in its hangar. Langley's 30 aircraft will still be 30, even with air supremacy. The difference is that if your first 7 fighters get destroyed, there will only be 3 fighters in reserve, instead of 4, if you had a six plane squad out instead.

[SALVO]
Members
16,705 posts
17,308 battles

Nope.  The loadout is what it says it is, and only what it says it is.

[PVE]
Members
8,964 posts
7,305 battles
4 hours ago, samn111 said:

Newbie here.  I just upgrade my Langley to "B version"  Is there a way to change how many planes of each type I can hold? If so, how?  Is the Langley fixed at three squads at a time?

Thanks in advance.

The Langley and Hosho are fixed at three squadrons. The Langley gets 1 of each and you can not change that. The Hosho gets 2 torpedo and one fighter and you can not change that. Some higher tier CVs can change what the squadrons are, but not how many. For the US this will almost certainly change on early on Wednesday, November 29th when the next patch drops as the US CV load outs are changing.