You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

The premium we all really want.

29 comments in this topic

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,715 posts
4,502 battles

Forgot something did you Wargaming?

-------------------

Just to get her in game...make her a tier 6 with 6 defensive fighters, or the ability to use one as a spotter and the other five as fighters. Extend their circling range further, make it harder for her to get stomped by CV's. 

Mobile AA-Fortress at tier 6.

portaise.jpg

• Cool 3

[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,699 posts
3,253 battles

I am positive they will add this ship, after all they were testing Tone some time ago, but I suspect they are waiting to do their CV re-work first.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,472 battles

And no, they haven't forgotten her.  She's lurking back there behind Tone and the CV revamp.

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

I came here expecting Kitakami but I'm happy to take Ise instead. 

Just now, TabbyHopkins said:

I am positive they will add this ship, after all they were testing Tone some time ago, but I suspect they are waiting to do their CV re-work first.

That's what I've read. Basically no point complicating CV + BB or CA play when CV play is still in flux. 

[HINON]
Supertester
18,903 posts
12,435 battles

It's going to be a looooooooong time before we'll see the likes of any hybrid like Ise or Tone in the game.

• Cool 2

Members
449 posts
12,203 battles

Imagine six planes circling around this ship. Nothing would get close to her.

Ever.

With the limited firepower it might be a fair tradeoff if she caught fire as easily as cv's.

[WUDPS]
4,715 posts
4,502 battles
3 minutes ago, Prothall said:

Ever.

With the limited firepower it might be a fair tradeoff if she caught fire as easily as cv's.

The back end has a better fire chance.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,722 posts
3,894 battles

Potential options:

All spotters, so essentially continuous spotting always because there's always one ready to launch when the one "up" is on cooldown or if it is destroyed.

All fighters (deployed as per CV, or as a cloud around your ship; effect on attackers similar to Defensive Fire in terms of bomb/torpedo spreads).

Directable spotters (place and allow to orbit), with cooldown.

Mix?

If they weren't afraid to do this, they wouldn't be afraid to do British large-CA complement loadouts, including the IRL ability to attack with a torpedo.

[WUDPS]
4,715 posts
4,502 battles

Direct able spotters would be a real cool idea actually...

[HINON]
Supertester
18,903 posts
12,435 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If they weren't afraid to do this, they wouldn't be afraid to do British large-CA complement loadouts, including the IRL ability to attack with a torpedo.

Hell, why not give us Furious as-built? A low tier CV with a single 18" secondary?

[REVY]
Members
6,010 posts
5,102 battles
20 minutes ago, Lert said:

Hell, why not give us Furious as-built? A low tier CV with a single 18" secondary?

That 18" secondary is going to cause a lot of flame wars when it starts one hit KOing ships randomly, or causing CV captains to brawl like morons.

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles

Man, I don't know...

Gimmicky ships are already power-creeping the hell out of the old lines.  Hybrid ships like these would create havoc, I think.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,796 battles
1 hour ago, Prothall said:

Ever.

Imagine it being so OP it will be impossible to balance; and then we will no longer have to listen to endless whining about another mediocre IJN BB being brought into the game.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,796 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

I'd rather see this ship in game than those two IJN abortions; it would have the benefit of making DD players think twice about gunning down a CV as opposed to torping one.

2 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

portaise.jpg

This looks like something a very hyper kindergarten student drew when he was accidentally given too much Ritalin.

• Cool 1

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
2 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

-------------------

Just to get her in game...make her a tier 6 with 6 defensive fighters, or the ability to use one as a spotter and the other five as fighters. Extend their circling range further, make it harder for her to get stomped by CV's. 

portaise.jpg

Ise and Tone are both very interesting concepts of ships that we will likely NEVER see in game. Tone was tested a long time ago, but WG seems to have dropped any attempt to integrate CV mechanics into ship-to-ship combat. This, combined with the fact that they are not reworking CVs (shuffling loadouts around isn't a "CV rework", its equivalent to putting a small bandage on a very large, festering wound), makes it very unlikely these 2 ships see the light of day in the future. The only thing that we may hope for, is a premium cruiser and a battleship that can launch 2x as many spotter/fighter aircraft (which circle around it) but the ships themselves will behave like a normal cruiser/battleship.

Edited by Ulthwey

Members
2,092 posts
8,068 battles
3 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

-------------------

portaise.jpg

Not everyone wants more BBs in the game

[SIMP]
Members
990 posts

Don't worry. WG will make this ship eventually - money talks.

But it will have half spotter planes and half one-use dive bombers (yes, that is the historical loadout) - NO fighters. And because WG cant seem to get over the loss of the Russo-Japanese conflict, it will be a CV only  - the main guns will be secondaries with a 8km range. lol!

Edited by capncrunch21

Members
566 posts
1,461 battles

How should the Ise be classified in the game though since it is a hybrid BBCV or Aviation BB if i take how kancolle classifies them.

Taking into account Ise's actual aerial load of 14 Zuiuns and 8 Suiseis, i'm curious on how it'll be implemented and balanced for its CV aspects if added since its island is too short for the D4Y Suiseis to land while the E16A Zuiuns can be craned back to the ship. 

P.S Existing D4Ys in-game are tier Vlll. 

P.S E16A's initial purpose was a recon plane but could be refitted with 250lbs bombs for bomber roles so i guess the existing mechanic for choosing between scout and offensive planes can be applied.

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,417 battles
3 hours ago, Lert said:

Or allow us with Lexington with the 8 203s we could control.

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
6,010 posts
5,102 battles
2 hours ago, Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD said:

The real hybrid we need is Surcouf

5aa4982a34b5.jpg

(yes a sub with big guns and supposedly even a plen too)  

o:

I have no idea why no one does a documentary of that ship.  It's just begging for historians to show it off.