Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Shipwreck01_1

Hull Upgrades

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

22
[SWBH]
Members
271 posts
9,547 battles

when i bought the F.Der Grobe i had to pay extra exp to pay for hull upgrade for bismarck because i never bought hull upgrade for bismarck so i dont understand why i have to use more exp to get hull upgrade for bismarck.i paid for it when i bought the f.der grobe.seems like im paying twice which means more grinding.this is just wrong i should not have to pay twice for the same thing.its a ripoff.and take away from my time to grind for other ships. uuggghhhh im getting robbed of my hard work.please WG FIX this RIP-OFF its wrong.

now i know someone is going to come on here and make it sound fair/to those that do i have a car for sale you pay for it with engine but ill sell you the engine twice see how you like it.thats basically what WG is doing by making me pay twice for hull upgrade.

Edited by Shipwreck01_1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1 post
322 battles

i agree that why i quit playing.work your [edited]off for nothing.you are right its a rip-off and unfair to say the least.WarGaming needs to do something about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
387
[POP]
Members
1,229 posts
8,075 battles

It's a progression. Don't think of it as equipment. Think of it as sublevels. Sometimes you have to complete sublevels before going to the next level. 

You don't always (sometimes you can skip torp, engine, and fire control upgrades). Very rarely, you can skip the hull upgrades. But otherwise, you have to follow the arrows. 

Honestly, keep the Bismark and all the hull upgrades. It's one of the best ships at any tier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
820
[ARMDA]
Members
8,993 posts
3,477 battles

Cause you have to research, in order, including the hulls. A to B and towards the FDG. You can't skip B. You have to research for it in order to research FDG, but not purchase it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[COIA]
Members
1 post
3,073 battles

i agree with shipwreck if he paid the exp for bismarck hull upgrade to buy the next tier ship he should not have to pay again.whats the difference either way he paid for it.he had to pay the 53000 exp for the hull to buy the tier nine F.Der Grobe. so i believe that counts as paying for it.in other words had he paid the 53000 exp in the first place on the hull upgrade then he would not have had to pay for it when he got the F.Der Grobe.so either way he paid for it.he should noy have to pay again.i agree shipwreck you are getting ripped off of 53000 exp and its wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[SWBH]
Members
271 posts
9,547 battles

ok but you gotta figure the f der grobe normally costs 180000 exp to buy i had to pay 232000 exp.thus i paid to research the upgrade when i bought f der grobe.whats the difference i paid for the upgrade when i bought the f der grobe.if i had paid the 52000 exp on the bismarck i would have only paid 180000 exp to but the der grobe. so either way i paid for it.

so in other words i did not skip it i had to give exp to pay for it when i bought der grobe.i cant understand how that does not count. i guess i threw away 52000 exp down the drain.so now i have to do all that grinding again.that sucks.anyone wanna buy a bismarck its missing the hull upgrade and slightly dented up and has several scratches in paint due to war.ill never be convinced that i should have to pay again.guess ill sell bismarck and der grobe and say heck with them in not gonna do all that grinding again.life is to short to do that again

Edited by Shipwreck01_1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[SWBH]
Members
271 posts
9,547 battles

so far i have bought Atago,Texas,Sims,Atlanta,Saipan,Leningrad,HSF Graf Spee,and Torpits. since Feb.i will not buy anymore i need to spend my money somewhere else from now on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
96
[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
18 minutes ago, Shipwreck01_1 said:

if i had paid the 52000 exp on the bismarck i would have only paid 180000 exp to but the der grobe. so either way i paid for it.

Precisely, you answered your own question. If you had paid for it earlier then it would be 52000+180000 = 232000, FDG itself is equal to 180000 , To access it you need to research all the required modules in the previous ship. 

 

The B Hull upgrade is not inclusive to FDG's separate research price .

So if you had bought it earlier then you would have still in total paid  52000+180000 = 232000 .

But since you didn't buy it earlier you had to pay 232000 when you were buying FDG.

Edited by Silver_kun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[SWBH]
Members
271 posts
9,547 battles

i had to pay 232000 exp to get der grobe.its only 180000 .the upgrade is 52000 so i paid the 52000 exp when i bought der grobe.no matter what i paid the 52000.just in a round about way.so now if i have to 52000 exp now to buy upgrade i will in effect be paying 104000 for the hull upgrade.so i get crapped on if i dont upgrade right away.i will never understand how i should have to pay the equlvilent of 104000 exp to get the hull upgrade.i does not matter when i pay as long as i pay.its all good im selling bismarck and der grosse .i truly think this is a big joke on us to make us spend real money its a gimmick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
96
[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
1 minute ago, Shipwreck01_1 said:

i had to pay 232000 exp to get der grobe.its only 180000 .the upgrade is 52000 so i paid the 52000 exp when i bought der grobe.no matter what i paid the 52000.just in a round about way..

But that is where you are wrong, it doesn't work like that.

12 minutes ago, Silver_kun said:

 The B Hull upgrade is not inclusive to FDG's separate research price .

The FDG itself is 180000, it doesn't include any price of previous ships modules. But since you didn't pay for B Hull, you had to pay the normal FDG price which is 180000 + 52000 of B Hull, That amounts to 232000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
394
[WOLF5]
Members
1,499 posts
2,069 battles

It's part of the game. Buy the stock ship. Then grind out the the modules to fully upgrade. Once that's done, you can start collecting XP for the next ship. You played stock Bismark? That was, not smart. That's how the game works, and has always worked. No big surprises there. If you don't like it, too bad. Most everyone else doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

 

It's how the game works, you don't have to like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,607
[SALVO]
Members
16,684 posts
17,308 battles
1 hour ago, Shipwreck01_1 said:

when i bought the F.Der Grobe i had to pay extra exp to pay for hull upgrade for bismarck because i never bought hull upgrade for bismarck so i dont understand why i have to use more exp to get hull upgrade for bismarck.i paid for it when i bought the f.der grobe.seems like im paying twice which means more grinding.this is just wrong i should not have to pay twice for the same thing.its a ripoff.and take away from my time to grind for other ships. uuggghhhh im getting robbed of my hard work.please WG FIX this RIP-OFF its wrong.

now i know someone is going to come on here and make it sound fair/to those that do i have a car for sale you pay for it with engine but ill sell you the engine twice see how you like it.thats basically what WG is doing by making me pay twice for hull upgrade.

Oh, stop whining.  You made the mistake.  You should have researched the upgraded Bismarck hull (even if you had no intention of buying it) before spending the XP on the FDG.  

And while I agree that if you researched the FDG at a XP cost that included the upgrade hull, you should have the upg. hull researched in the process, the fact is that you made the mistake here and you want to blame WG for your error.  You're just throwing a hissy fit because you're ticked off that you're having to pay for your own mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[SWBH]
Members
271 posts
9,547 battles

 i never saw anything saying that i would have to pay twice anywhere i look.so i guess ill pay 104000 for a hull upgrade.and im not WHINING i would like to see where this is explained in the rule please show me.if you can show me in the rules ill never say another word again.about this issue but please show me in the rule where this is explained so i can be aware of this fact

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
205
[RIPQP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,647 battles

How did you pay twice? If you free exp'd the Freddy from the stock Bismarck, you would have payed the research cost for the Bismarck hull upgrade + the cost of the Freddy. No double payment there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[SWBH]
Members
271 posts
9,547 battles
3 minutes ago, _Fantomex_ said:

How did you pay twice? If you free exp'd the Freddy from the stock Bismarck, you would have payed the research cost for the Bismarck hull upgrade + the cost of the Freddy. No double payment there.

the second pay comes when i buy the hull upgrade for bismarck now.another 52000 exp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
205
[RIPQP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,647 battles
1 minute ago, Shipwreck01_1 said:

the second pay comes when i buy the hull upgrade for bismarck now.another 52000 exp

But you don't... what? Are you talking free exp and credits, or just exp? If you researched the freddy, then the Bismarck hull upgrade will be researched somehwere in that process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
96
[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
1 minute ago, Shipwreck01_1 said:

it wasnt i had to pay again

 

I think you should send a ticket :P. As far as I remember I never had to "double pay" as you said. But I may not have noticed.

I suggest you take a screenshot otherwise they won`t really be convinced, and Ticket responses aren`t usually fast, they take a period of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles
2 hours ago, Shipwreck01_1 said:

when i bought the F.Der Grobe i had to pay extra exp to pay for hull upgrade for bismarck because i never bought hull upgrade for bismarck so i dont understand why i have to use more exp to get hull upgrade for bismarck.i paid for it when i bought the f.der grobe.seems like im paying twice which means more grinding.this is just wrong i should not have to pay twice for the same thing.its a ripoff.and take away from my time to grind for other ships. uuggghhhh im getting robbed of my hard work.please WG FIX this RIP-OFF its wrong.

now i know someone is going to come on here and make it sound fair/to those that do i have a car for sale you pay for it with engine but ill sell you the engine twice see how you like it.thats basically what WG is doing by making me pay twice for hull upgrade.

 

2 hours ago, mrkaz2010 said:

i agree with shipwreck if he paid the exp for bismarck hull upgrade to buy the next tier ship he should not have to pay again.whats the difference either way he paid for it.he had to pay the 53000 exp for the hull to buy the tier nine F.Der Grobe. so i believe that counts as paying for it.in other words had he paid the 53000 exp in the first place on the hull upgrade then he would not have had to pay for it when he got the F.Der Grobe.so either way he paid for it.he should noy have to pay again.i agree shipwreck you are getting ripped off of 53000 exp and its wrong


if you're going to use alt accounts to agree with yourself on the forums, at least try to type a little different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[SWBH]
Members
271 posts
9,547 battles

i only have one account  i cant help it if im not the only one that dont type right.im insulted that you would even accuse me of that.you dont even know me..the only other account i have is an eu account that i forgot my login to.wait ill bring you a ton of examples of other players who type the way i do.do i own all those accounts to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×