Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Adm_Nate_Ellis937

The Day a Miracle Changed My Life

16 comments in this topic

[PYRO]
Beta Testers
1,140 posts
10,005 battles

So as everyone was aware, I had my cochlear implant surgery on the 1st, which went smoothly. On Friday, it was activated.........

.......never in my life have I cried like a baby so hard. Seeing my mother cry in relief and my dad smile happily, it all feels like I finally have normal hearing like what everyone else has. So far, everything sounds scratchy and robotic, but I am actually surprised I can hear sounds I never heard before. In game, I can hear the hum of my Montana's propellers and the *clink* of a bounced shell. It truly is a miracle.

"The best feeling ever is getting something back that you rely on an everyday basis, and that is a miracle." ~Me

pic2.thumb.jpg.33bd7953883a3691ded2e4d6f3af8db7.jpg

• Cool 8

[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
650 posts
7,861 battles

Ain't technology grand!  Congrats and best of luck. 

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
9 minutes ago, Adm_Nate_Ellis937 said:

So as everyone was aware, I had my cochlear implant surgery on the 1st, which went smoothly. On Friday, it was activated.........

.......never in my life have I cried like a baby so hard. Seeing my mother cry in relief and my dad smile happily, it all feels like I finally have normal hearing like what everyone else has. So far, everything sounds scratchy and robotic, but I am actually surprised I can hear sounds I never heard before. In game, I can hear the hum of my Montana's propellers and the *clink* of a bounced shell. It truly is a miracle.

"The best feeling ever is getting something back that you rely on an everyday basis, and that is a miracle." ~Me

Congrats man. May you live a long and happy life full of joy, happiness and the sounds of the world.

Members
6,626 posts
25,277 battles

Congratulations! May it lead to a better life.

Note: I fail to understand the "miracle" part of your title. I find it odd, and somewhat reprehensible, when people fail to acknowledge the advances of science, and the hard work of doctors, nurses, technicians, and staff, ascribing instead the results to magic. Please give credit where credit is due.

• Cool 2

[TAZ]
Members
391 posts

Kongrats on a successful surgery and heres to being able to enjoy the sounds of life. 

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles

Congratulations for the successful surgery! Even though the sounds are robotic and scratchy it's great that the implant is helping you to hear.

May it lead to a joyous life full of sounds.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,771 posts
13,571 battles

So the answer to the question, "Can you hear me now?" is? 

:cap_like:

Congrats BTW

[GWG]
[GWG]
Beta Testers
85 posts
4,548 battles

My Stepson had a Cochlear implant several years ago. I still remember him laughing when it was activated saying that everyone sounded like chipmunks.

The only issues he has with it now is that if he's in a crowded area he has some trouble distinguishing who's talking to him. Otherwise you really cannot tell he has hearing loss in his day to day life!

:cap_like:

[ASHIP]
Members
582 posts
5,200 battles

Hey man, it's so awesome to hear this news! (pun intended) :Smile_great:

Like one of those viral videos happening within your own family. It's the little things that make life so pleasant to live.

49 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Note: I fail to understand the "miracle" part of your title. I find it odd, and somewhat reprehensible, when people fail to acknowledge the advances of science, and the hard work of doctors, nurses, technicians, and staff, ascribing instead the results to magic. Please give credit where credit is due.

He means miracle in the sense of "something so awesome I can scarcely believe it's true" or "so awesome I would never have believed it possible". I don't think the OP believes that this miracle was due to magic, especially given that he includes a picture of the technology which makes it possible. Check out the second and third definitions:

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/miracle

[TF16B]
Members
8,052 posts
16,991 battles

Congrats!

Only other person I'm aware has one says it starts out scratchy/weird but that as you learn to recognize sounds things get more clear/better?

1,542 posts
26 battles
On 27/11/2017 at 6:05 PM, Adm_Nate_Ellis937 said:

pic2.thumb.jpg.33bd7953883a3691ded2e4d6f3af8db7.jpg

Wow! That's really incredible! And that picture looks awesome too! You're like a superhero or like one of the guys from Deus Ex! It's really amazing what technology can do! I'm so happy that you and your family have had such a lovely Christmas Miracle :)

Sign in to follow this