Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

21 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
4,964 posts
8,109 battles

Regale us.

3 matches Saturday, 2 wins in Maas and 1 in Tirpitz. Actually predicted a shiny horse's turn and got him good with torps XD. I was the last person alive in my Tirpitz and ended up winning the match by surviving (my team held 2 caps most of match).

Didn't play more because dealing with emotional stress from family problem. Kinda why I started that thread about music for motivation when playing WOWS (and thanks to every1's suggestions, got some good places to start).

[TBW]
Members
6,351 posts
11,894 battles

Played scenarios mostly I needed credits and morale boost from Randoms. I bought back 2 of the US ships that I had previously sold, tier 7's for the upcoming scenarios. I bought the Russian armada for the Okhotnik (the one I didn't have) and netted 26,700 doubloons, 9 port slots and of course the Okhotnik. I have been wanting it ever since I didn't have the cash to get it when it went on sale. Not as good as I got last year as far as doubloons go but I did get 1,700 more doubloons for $90 than you get for $100 + Okhotnik and 9 slots, not so bad.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[CK5]
Members
782 posts
6,253 battles

The matches were so-so but found the chat to be especially toxic this weekend.  I was called out for being a coward in one match by someone with a 37% WR and a 614 WTR (I finished second on the team list), and that was not the only example.  I honestly don't understand some people.  

[5IN]
Members
1,786 posts
8,109 battles

Only 11 games for me on Sat/Sun.  Went 5 for 7 on Saturday and 3 for 4 on Sunday.  

Unfortunately, my weekend gains are being erased today... 0/3 so far.. not a good start to the week.

B

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles

Saturday was good to me. 80%+ wins over 11 battles, 1300+ WTR.

Yesterday, not so much. See sig.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,121 posts
18,636 battles

Weekend was okish. Games suffered a lot from the Pan Asian DD missions. And enough CV players that should go back to T1 co-op battles. 

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,713 posts
4,699 battles

Best game ever in my Iron Duke so far. 

Ran a lot of DD's for the torp damage + flooding mission with some..  Mixed results.  Finally managed it with the Ognevoi.  Took out my tier 8 cruisers and did well.  All in all 31 or so battles, 65% win rate.  WTR is lacking due to some bad moves in my Graf Spee and Minsk though.  But overall it was an enjoyable play session. 

Edited by vonKaiser

[NDA]
Supertester
4,791 posts
13,617 battles

I had good weekend, positive win rate, good damage and even managed to finish week two of the Pan Asia mission. Which meant I spend most of the weekend playing destroyers. Though I did manage to sneak in some premium battleship and cruiser time. I also reached 1 million Elite Commander Exp which is nice. 

The worst thing I saw was the game that started with this, 

DiJqlke.jpg

This destroyer who will not be named, rushed the B cap on Neighbors sank a destroyer and than died when the enemy team turned on its radar. Next a friendly destroyer sitting side ways in its smoke T-boned me into a torpedo as I was trying to de-stern the area only to die to the other incoming torps. Left that cap minus 80% of my HP. And finally a friendly Gaede sank a friendly battleship with torps. Needless to say the team lost magnificently.  

Oh and the most damage I've ever done with the Shinononononononome got featured on Lord Zath Replay Theater, go check out his new channel.

Spoiler

Edited by RedSeaBear

[SUCIT]
Members
783 posts
3,509 battles

See sig for how my weekend went.  

Figured out the Fiji is the ultimate seal clubber in the game.

[SWOB]
Members
2,705 posts
15,550 battles

Not too bad, actually.

Since I'm sailing solo these days, I'll most likely be playing the heck out my Fletcher since that seems to be the only ship I can win consistently while soloing.

[NOOOB]
Members
1,441 posts
12,097 battles

Got the Conqueror - other then the Monarch, enjoyed the RN BB grind.  Now "grind free", having finished all the non-CV grinds other then Iowa ( have the Missouri so sold the Iowa).  Spent some time trying to finish DD missions this weekend, so played a lot of tier 5 thru 10 DDs with the plethora of others doing this.  Reminded how OP the Kamikaze ( and clones) are, even tired up has serious carrying capabilities.  Played 5 matches in my Lo Yang, and every one was a tier 10 match with lots of radar and other capable tier 9 and 10 DDs, which makes me wonder why take a tier 8 DD out in the current meta.  Had boom or bust games in high tier BBs, as the high number of DDs put a premium on good DD play, and if your team lost the initial DD fights or DDs were not in screening position, resulted in lots of torps coming your way ( lost more BBs to torps then to gunfire this weekend).

Edited by Panzer1113

[WOLF4]
Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles

Weekends seem to be very good to me. 

I went 7 for 9 on the weekend, with an average 1900+ wtr, and a 8:1 kill/death ratio.

Ships played:

Z-23: 2/2

Kagero: 2/3

Benson: 0/1

Lo Yang: 2/2

Akizuki: 1/1

I played 30 games in the Maass and had a 60+% win rate. I've only played 22 in the Z-23 but have a much lower, 55% win rate. Strangely, I think I'll hit the XP needed on the Z-23 well before the 30 games, so I seem to be pulling in a lot more XP in the Z-23. My wtr in the Z-23 is a fully 250 points higher, so I guess that explains it. My Z-23 captain gained a skill as well, taking him to 16 skills. 

I'm finding the Z-23 to be a VERY easy grind. I really wish the ship was faster and turned better, but the torps are great and the guns aren't horrible. It definitely is a great reward for the Maass grind.

I've changed tactics on my torpedoes with the Kagero. Given their visibility, I've stopped using the narrow spread and have started using the wide spread. Data is limited and experience is anecdotal, but I feel like I'm getting more hits. Of course the cost is getting a really good punch in, but players were largely avoiding the tight spreads anyway. In the end, I think I'm getting more hits. 

I also added a skill to my Akizuki captain, bringing him to 16 and allowing me to take back the Superintendent skill. I'm really loving the Akizuki since I figured out how to play her.

About the only bad game all weekend was the Benson game. We were on Trap (really starting to hate that map), set up for the C cap. I got detonated early, but our top ship, a Montana, really screwed the pooch by immediately driving behind the large island to the south of C. His guns were unavailable for the entirety of the early cap fight. By the time he was able to shoot anything, most of us were dead. His reason: "I'm flanking".    

Edited by DingBat

[-AGW-]
Members
639 posts
9,337 battles

Well, Friday I went 0:4 in BBs and figured I switch it up to CAs. After that I couldn't lose. Very odd.

Saturday I couldn't buy a win in anything. Sunday I gave up and joined the DD hordes which got me 4 wins out of 4. 

Oh yeah and on Saturday I also went pink when some ill advised long distance torps took out a DD that decided to cross their path. Oh well, I did have some fun games with the Katori and Isokaze in Coop after that. 

Members
8,075 posts
17,032 battles

Mostly rotten... Generally good damage games; but a huge number of teams where it seemed like they didn't know how to shoot...

A little better today; six tries with Gnevny, (after five tries yesterday in Farragut, so eleven total,) and I finally cleared the PA mission.

[RESP]
Beta Testers
883 posts
7,122 battles

Since the DD missions were this weekend, there were a lot of bad or inexperienced DD players.  Most games ended in swiftly in complete steam rolls.

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,238 battles

Sat; 4 W & 14 L ,then Sun: 17W & 7L so 21:21. As usual, a higher % of crap MM than that of win % (when seeing better results). Typical WG MM garbage.

Members
3,414 posts
6,082 battles

Went down to tier 5 for the French Cruiser to grind a new captain rather than beating myself up with tier 9 Fr cruiser play.  On Sunday - won every game, including the one I I turned pink in.  7 games of coop wins and won a couple more randoms.  Played the Operation of the week and got 5 stars on the first try.

EDIT - lost one game....  ;)

Edited by CylonRed

[WOLF9]
Members
3,161 posts

Garbage.   Crap games led to shutting the game off quickly.  I think my record was 5 games before I couldn't take it any more.

For Pete's sake, WG  could you PLEASE lengthen the co-op timer???  I'm extremely sick of being the only human player...

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,509 battles

Murphy’s weekend....

Hadn’t played much due to the Holiday week...soooo....thought I’d do the Pan Asian prep week 2 mission sequence on Sunday....

Yikes!...so many DDs...so few BBs (relatively speaking)?....so little time....

150K torp Damage, 2 games - no problem....50K flooding, let’s say it took a few more games...,

then....

2 kills in a win in the top 5 - pretty straightforward....I found out how many permutations of those 3 things existed WITHOUT being the “and” of all 3....

Once I got task 3, task 4 happened in the next game, double strike on a DD & CL, BB strike & high score...go figure...

Edited by hangglide42

Members
3,414 posts
6,082 battles
7 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

For Pete's sake, WG  could you PLEASE lengthen the co-op timer???  I'm extremely sick of being the only human player...

If you are the only human on your team then it is the time you are playing.  Have no issues having a full human team against the bots in normal hours.

Sign in to follow this