You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

What are you saving your money for?

71 comments in this topic

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,722 posts
4,523 battles

So I'm sitting here drinking my morning cup of coffee...eyeing up the wall-o-rage that is the thanksgiving deals (believe me I'm right there to), and it leaves me asking...what all do we actually want? What are YOU saving your hard earned dough for?

For me I'm saving my money for four ships: Graf Zepplin, Roma, the german destroyer, and the new Italian cruiser. I like axis ships more than allied ships and so far I don't see anything really interesting coming down the pipe outside of those four ships.

I mean maybe some Pearl Harbor premiums...but that's about it.

I want the Zepplin because at heart I am a CV player, German naval aviation is a pretty cool subject...and when I saw a swarm of Stuka's ERASE someone...I just had to get in on that form of troll. Roma is an outright beautiful ship...and hopefully she will be able to brawl like a boss....because those secondaries doe....dem secondaries! The new german DD is SCREAMING for my top Z-52 captain to just decimate down in the pit with the dregs of society (fellow seal clubbers :P) and the Italian cruiser...because I am a glutton for punishment...

Oh and the other day a IJN DD shot a load of torps at my Duca and I torp beated it sooooooooooooooooo close the little red triangle slid down the length of my hull...it was so close I dipped my rudder in marinara sauce and gave him a taste of home!

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,132 posts
10,022 battles

I want Musashi. 

I will not buy a GZ unless WG drops it to T6 and loses the damn gimmicks. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles

Graf Zeppelin, I am not a CV player but I do want this ship - if it gets worked out. I would like to see some new/more Premiums come out for the Germans. 

[SYN]
Members
14,370 posts
10,228 battles

Christmas boxes, unless Pai makes me pay to access those on top of accessing WoWs.

[SYN]
Members
457 posts
8,263 battles

Brakes and rotors for my car. And tires. Not looking forward to either. Always check maintenance cost before buying a car, no matter how much you like it. :)

and Xmas crates ;)

Also anybody know a good mechanic in Southern Oregon?

Edited by DeadMeat_015
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,847 posts
6,817 battles

My bills, also maybe buying into the stock market at some point.

• Cool 1

[SWOB]
Members
2,705 posts
15,516 battles
4 minutes ago, DeadMeat_015 said:

Brakes and rotors for my car. And tires. Not looking forward to either. Always check maintenance cost before buying a car, no matter how much you like it. :)

and Xmas crates ;)

Paid out the a$$ for new tires and a transmission for my wife's Expedition. Needless to say, I'm tapped out.

• Cool 1

[TF16]
Members
825 posts
4,761 battles

Honestly?  I'm content for the moment.  Which is odd.  But I am really enjoying seeing what's coming down the pipe, so I may spend some coin to get a jump on the French BBs when they come.  

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,795 posts
18,700 battles

Funny I don't need any more premium time I have over five years worth of that 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
6 minutes ago, Eric_Von_Hess said:

5 YEARS!!!! WoW:cap_fainting:

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

Roma will be an instant buy.

I'm also weighing what to do with my bonus. I'm thinking about a new gaming PC. /Maybe/ a gaming laptop. My current old laptop is about dead and my gaming desktop is showing warning signs, so I figure I could replace both with one purchase. 

I'm just not sure what to get. 

[PC]
Members
1,866 posts
43 minutes ago, Balaams_Donkey said:

Retirement. :Smile_great:

Game-wise. Definitely DeGrasse. Maybe if there is a spicy discount on premium time.

DeGrasse is the Little Ship That Could.

[PYRO]
Beta Testers
1,140 posts
10,013 battles
31 minutes ago, Eric_Von_Hess said:

how is that even possible? When I try to buy over a year of Prem, it doesn't let me.

Members
2,430 posts
12,163 battles

Hemorrhoid medicine and $400 of Christmas crates so that I still won't get an Alabama and will be able to field another football team full of Emden captains.

Alpha Tester
1,940 posts

So many historical ships still missing from the game, it's hard to know what to save up for and if they will ever make it into the game. Only ship I'm currently interested in is Imperator Nikolai, but WG screwed her up and won't sell her again so my wallet remains closed. And no I can't afford to risk splurging on Santa crates just to get one.

Edited by Wolcott

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles

Premium.  Had to go in and buy a week.  Usually the premium ship packages come bundled with it so I've been set for a long time now on premium time.

USS Kidd.  I like the Sims, I like my Mahan, so I think I'll like her as well. After thanksgiving purchases and the like had to wait a little bit before I bought her. 

Graf Zeppelin.  I keep waffling back and forth on her.  I almost bought her day one but reasoned with myself.  I'm not a carrier player.  I do well with them as long as the enemy carrier player is bad, but if I find myself against a player with any sort of competency... Well I'm a detriment to my team and I hate feeling that way.  Maybe as a Co-Op ship.  Still have to fight off buying Kaga, Enterprise, and Saipan as well from time to time for the above reasons.  Graf with a full secondary build though keeps calling me out. 

Santa Crates as long as they're as good as last year.  I'm still on the quest to get my hands on the Gremy and the Nikolai.  Christmas crates last year thwarted me at every turn however :(

Edited by vonKaiser