You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

Use of Premium Consumables poll

My use of premium consumables could best be described as:  

135 members have voted

1. 1. My use of premium consumables could best be described as: (select one)

• Most consumables, every ship, every game
    • One consumable, every ship, ever game
    • Most consumables only on specific ships every game
    • One consumable, only on specific ships, every game
    • Occasional use on specific ships some of the time
    • Rarely use them
    • I don't have an answer, I just like responding to polls.
  2. 2. Which Premium Consumables do you use virtually every ship/every game? (For ships that have the consumable listed) (Select all that apply)

• Damage Control Party
    • Repair Party
    • Catapult Fighter
    • Spotting AIrcraft
    • Smoke Generator
    • Engine Boost
    • Torpedo Reload Booster
    • Hydroacoustic Search
    • Defensive AA Fire
    • Surveillance Radar
    • I only use premium consumables some of the time.
    • I don't have an answer, I just like responding to polls.

31 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,798 posts

A just for fun Monday poll to shed some light on how often people use premium consumables:

Add some details about what you use/which ships you use it on, below.

[WOLF4]
Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles

A week ago I looked in my inventory and found I had 550+ premium damage control consumables, probably from SC's. I might as well use em. I'm actually finding they're pretty useful on tier 8+ destroyers. 

Beta Testers
1,013 posts
13,583 battles

The only time I do not use premium consumables would be if I am in Coop for some reason.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,747 posts
9,453 battles
1 minute ago, SgtSpud said:

The only time I do not use premium consumables would be if I am in Coop for some reason.

Yup. 

With T10 camouflage and/or a Trump-Wagon there is no reason not to run premium everything.

[NG-NL]
Members
4,959 posts
8,109 battles

BBs find any premium consumable except catapult plane useful.

Cruisers only need premium hydro and premium RP.

DDs do best with only premium smoke.

CVs don't need any premium consumables.

[SF-3]
Members
1,442 posts
7,901 battles

I dont know how you play w/o some of the premium consumables. When I first started playing I thought they were a waste of credits, but now, I can't play w/o them. They are vastly superior in some cases to regular and the additional charge is just gravy on top.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
2,632 posts
8,207 battles

On silver ships, I generally only apply premium consumables at Tier 7+. Mostly DCP, and ramping up from there so the Tier 10s have all premium consumables all the time. All my premium ships also run all premium consumables all the time. I will apply premium consumables to lower-tiered silver ships if I specifically want them for something (i.e. Konigsberg is my go-to for citadel hit missions, so it gets a full suite of premium consumables to last longer. Furutaka, which I don't use in such a focused way, gets nothing).

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles

I run it in everything, to the point where i even put a disclaimer in the Credit/XP breakdown section of my youtube videos.  For me the lower cooldown per use is sometimes the difference between a close win or a had fought loss.

[PVE]
Members
8,856 posts
7,257 battles
49 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

I only use them for PvP games. Since I play PvP less than 10% of the time, I rarely use them.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,741 posts
7,373 battles
59 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

I use the DC2 in co-op, I have almost 1000 of them. Bots start a crapton of fires. :Smile_sceptic:

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,152 posts
1,648 battles

I use them on Tier V+ ships and on all premium ships.   I don’t use premium catapult fighter/spotter planes though.

for the first 600 or so battles I did I didn’t know how to purchase the premium consumables with silver and I sure as heck wasn’t spending duboons on them so I went without.

[SUCIT]
Members
783 posts
3,493 battles

I run premium everything T6+.  I can't remember the last time I lost credits in a match, partly because I prioritize DDs and partly because I run a premium account.  There isn't a reason to not run them as far as I'm concerned. 

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,375 posts
7,962 battles

Because I play PvP mostly, I tend to use a lot, also because many I have a stockpile of still. Mainly on mid-high tier ships I play a lot. DCP is a must cause of the bloody fires, especially now that CV's are going to be made to be set on fire EASIER for some insane reason. Repair party mostly on BB's because, well, I prefer brawling, I need all the HP regen I can get.  Smoke Generator because I can never have enough smoke charges in case I survive awhile in the match, and unlike many DD players I encountered actually used the smoke for my team, not me. However, the smoke changes have changed that slightly now that it barely does anything for some of the cruisers and nothing for BB's if they happen to fire as the smokescreen is set. And Defensive AA on my CV's (because so many people :etc_swear: about scouting and your planes being stationary for 2 seconds as you set way points and demand your fighters not be anywhere near you god forbid the enemy try to snipe you because that NEVER happens) and cruisers with decent AA because if there is a CV, I'm gonna try and make it hard for his planes to do their job because I know the devastation I can cause when I have a good game and turned loose, and I'm average at best.

Anything else, I use it cause I have it stockpiled or I've sold it cause I need credits. Not because I use the premium consumables or fail to make money in matches, other than higher tiers where your not really profiting unless you do amazing, but because I can't help buying and researching all the ships. :Smile_hiding:

Currently trying to get funds for upgrades to Freddy and Nagato, buy Shira, NO, Mahan, Gaede, La Gal, and not far off from Midway and 1-2 others. And that doesn't count outfitting with modernization's I need for a lot of ships. Camo's and Commander aside, kinda hoping once I get the actual collection unlocked for Yamato duplicates will help make me some money, or at the very least, Wargaming put in a new one like Dun and the rest to make extra credits off of.

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
7,648 battles

I use premium consumables all the time for every ship I play (even in co-op, though I don't play much co-op). Though if you're not made of credits and don't care so much about doing your best in game, then stick to the really important ones like DCP (for every ship), Repair party ( the heals for BBs and top tier cruiser, or select dds), and Smoke Generator (dds, and certain CLs). I use premiums not only because I get more uses of the consumable but because it also reduces the reload time on said consumables. This is especially important for the ones that help keep you alive such as repair, heal, and smoke as a dead ship is a useless ship.

[MIA-A]
Members
1,968 posts
6,570 battles

I use them 100% of the time, unless it's a new ship and I forget to do them.

It's such a massive boost in nearly all conditions.

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles

I don`t bother using them usually :P. I only use them rarely, like when I need an edge in a event or need to complete a combat mission in which I simply can`t get all tasks done together and I am low on time.

Edited by Silver_kun

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
579 posts
4,554 battles

I use them on t3 and higher. Generally all off them for the quicker reload ability of the item.

Yes they cost credits but they are such a vital part to the quality of life in the game that not taking them is a bigger hindrance

[SIM]
Members
2,437 posts
4,076 battles

Until I got Nelson, I never used to use premium consumables. Considering that I play nothing but premium and gift ships, and that I have over 150 million credits in the bank, I realized that I have no reason not to run premium everything, so now I do. Every ship, every consumable.

Edited by SkaerKrow

[PVE]
Members
8,856 posts
7,257 battles
36 minutes ago, Kevik70 said:

I use premium consumables all the time for every ship I play (even in co-op, though I don't play much co-op). Though if you're not made of credits and don't care so much about doing your best in game, then stick to the really important ones like DCP (for every ship), Repair party ( the heals for BBs and top tier cruiser, or select dds), and Smoke Generator (dds, and certain CLs). I use premiums not only because I get more uses of the consumable but because it also reduces the reload time on said consumables. This is especially important for the ones that help keep you alive such as repair, heal, and smoke as a dead ship is a useless ship.

I only play co-op to T8 and have found that I very rarely use the extra consumable that a premium gives. I rarely need the faster reload on premium consumables. Do you need them more for high tier co-op play?

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
7,648 battles
18 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I only play co-op to T8 and have found that I very rarely use the extra consumable that a premium gives. I rarely need the faster reload on premium consumables. Do you need them more for high tier co-op play?

For co-op no, but I rarely play co-op and I'm too lazy to switch them out. Consumables really matter most for the game-modes that actually matter such as randoms, ranked, clan battles. They could be of use in operations as well.

Members
2,274 posts
7,338 battles

IMO, DCP, repair party, smoke, engine boost and radar are a must. Always useful the CD and one more charge.

Hydro and DF are situational, maybe during some events or line release.

Fighter and spoter plane are meh, only in Clan Wars or ranked.