Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

Russian Tier 9 Free XP Ship

14 comments in this topic

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,134 posts
10,052 battles

Of course the Tier V Kirov has got more armour than this does. Introduce it without missiles...

[SYN]
Members
4,530 posts
11,434 battles
3 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

What is the reload on it?

The guns, or the missiles?  

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,422 posts
3,413 battles

More likely to be a Project 23 as a T9 FXP Premium, aka Sovetsky Soyuz, sister ship. It'd be fitting as an Missouri rival; right down to having Russian Radar (more range, less duration).

I vote for Sovetskaya Rossiya as the name.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,748 posts
9,477 battles
18 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

More likely to be a Project 23 as a T9 FXP Premium, aka Sovetsky Soyuz, sister ship. It'd be fitting as an Missouri rival; right down to having Russian Radar (more range, less duration).

Interesting. 

I have the Trump-Wagon and Shoe already with 500,000 FreeXP left, so I'll be ready with whatever they release.

Though a Udaloi clone with 10k torps, better stealth and the stock Udaloi turrets would be interesting too.

Alpha Tester
1,941 posts
41 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

If the Russians are to have their own free XP ship I'd rather it be one that was built and saw combat service like Missouri, Nelson and soon Musashi (I think). The Imperatritsa Mariya was the last Russian BB class ever commissioned, so T4 or 5 will be the highest they can get. It's my favourite ship so I'm a bit biased.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,422 posts
3,413 battles
4 hours ago, Wolcott said:

If the Russians are to have their own free XP ship I'd rather it be one that was built and saw combat service like Missouri, Nelson and soon Musashi (I think). The Imperatritsa Mariya was the last Russian BB class ever commissioned, so T4 or 5 will be the highest they can get. It's my favourite ship so I'm a bit biased.

Imperatritsa Mariya is more likely going to appear as a line ship or regular Premium, whereas the Sovetsky Soyuz-class was in the early stages of construction before they were canceled. And as there are 4 of them named, WG can easily use one of them as a Russian T9 FXP Premium in a near-identical manner to Iowa/Missouri.

Assuming WG still holds to their intention of getting the VMF BB line out in 2018, we will see both the Imperatritsa Mariya-class and Sovetsky Soyuz-class show up in short order. She seems like an ideal T5 line ship, with Ekaterina Velikaya likely being a T5 Premium on the grounds of being a slightly larger/heavier sister ship (and could also be considered something of a potentially "more-balanced" Nikolai at T5, considering similar setup).

Alpha Tester
1,941 posts
7 hours ago, YamatoA150 said:

Imperatritsa Mariya is more likely going to appear as a line ship or regular Premium, whereas the Sovetsky Soyuz-class was in the early stages of construction before they were canceled. And as there are 4 of them named, WG can easily use one of them as a Russian T9 FXP Premium in a near-identical manner to Iowa/Missouri.

But canceled nonetheless. Her reputation would pale in comparison to the other trio, even Nelson's. :Smile_sad:

7 hours ago, YamatoA150 said:

Assuming WG still holds to their intention of getting the VMF BB line out in 2018, we will see both the Imperatritsa Mariya-class and Sovetsky Soyuz-class show up in short order. She seems like an ideal T5 line ship, with Ekaterina Velikaya likely being a T5 Premium on the grounds of being a slightly larger/heavier sister ship (and could also be considered something of a potentially "more-balanced" Nikolai at T5, considering similar setup).

Either will work because I think WW1 ships are under-represented and could use more attention. Looking at Konig and Iron Duke, it's obvious the Imperatritsa Mariya will also undergo some fabrication by WG for the sake of balance. Which is why I prefer her as a premium ship for the historical version. I've had the Ekaterina Velikaya as my cover photo for a while now.

Wish WG would learn to appreciate the Russian ships that really existed and stop trying to pretend as if the Soviets was a "major naval power" as they boasted in their recent Developer Diaries video on Pan-Asia destroyers.

Sign in to follow this