You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

PSA: you have only till Wednesday server reset to exchange your Belfast/MK/Perth for gold

47 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,107 posts
18,631 battles

9.14 will hit propably at Wednesday. With this patch the chance to exchange the Perth, Belfast and MK for doubloons will be gone. So if you don't like them or think they got nerfed with the smoke firing changes you need to act now!

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
14,370 posts
10,239 battles

but I don't want to sell them...

• Cool 3

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles

I've been away for a couple months. Are they really that bad now that the smoke changes have been applied? I own both the MK and Belfast, just haven't played them a whole lot in general and a lot less in the past few months.

Are people actually doing this over the change?

[DAKI]
Members
621 posts
6,109 battles
16 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

I've been away for a couple months. Are they really that bad now that the smoke changes have been applied? I own both the MK and Belfast, just haven't played them a whole lot in general and a lot less in the past few months.

Lol no. The ships are still op with the changes.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Members
3,321 posts
11,848 battles
10 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

They are NOT that bad at all.

If your playstyle puts you up front and in the thick of things while in smoke then you might have to adjust your playstyle a bit. I am keeping all three with no worries.

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles
Just now, Khafni said:

They are NOT that bad at all.

If your playstyle puts you up front and in the thick of things while in smoke then you might have to adjust your playstyle a bit. I am keeping all three with no worries.

So it's simply your standard knee jerk reaction to the changes? Got it.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,710 posts
11,324 battles

I'd love to buy a Perth off someone if that was possible (i know it's not), and I am keeping the other two as well. The Smoke changes were really pretty minor in the end.

• Cool 1

[TBOW]
Members
1,184 posts
10,416 battles

Not selling mine.  With the buff to RN cruiser smoke.  Heck now the smoke screen is about as nice as the KM.  KM is a long range flame thrower.  If some is close enough to see your bloom you are in trouble anyway.  Same with the RN Cruisers, you have bigger issues if someone is seeing you because of your bloom.

• Cool 1

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,055 posts
7,611 battles

My how time flies.  I wanted to have full reviews done for all three of them before the refund date expired, but oh well.  Here's my take on the the three and a quick explanation of how the change affected them and if I believe she's worth refunding.

Belfast - Tier 7 British Cruiser

• Smoke Detection range:  5.28km
  • Previous Angry YouTuber ReviewGUDBOTE
  • Current Angry YouTuber Review:  OVERPOWERED

Alright, so clearly I missed the mark on my previous Angry YouTuber review of Belfast.  That one's on me.  The new smoke changes take some of the teeth out of this monster, but not enough to de-fang it entirely.  Recklessly charging a cap circle, hiding in your own smoke and obliterating any unfortunate lolibotes that picked the same control point as you hasn't come to an end with these changes.  Yes, it has made doing so more dangerous, but it hasn't neutered Belfast's ability to do so.  Her power level has always lay within the combination of her smoke AND her ability to detect not only targets but threats as well between the use of her radar and hydro consumables.  The change to her detection didn't take that from her.  What's more, British cruiser smoke got a little more generous, so it's even easier to lay out the clouds and not stumble out of it.  So yay.

Would I seek a refund based on these changes?   No.  Belfast is still the most Russian-biased of the non-Russian ships (Conqueror is a close second).

Mikhail Kutuzov - Tier 8 Soviet Cruiser

• Smoke Detection range:  7.72km
  • Previous Angry YouTuber Review:  OVERPOWERED

Mikhail Kutuzov has always been overpowered and these changes seem aimed squarely at dragging her back down to at least Chapayev levels.  I'm not sure they succeeded.  Of the three, she's the one that loses out the most in terms of the detection change.  Mikhail Kutuzov can no longer pull off the trick of dumping smoke at any range, remaining confident that they can then dispense firepower enough to punish anyone unlucky enough to be caught within her sights.  Her new smoke detection range is just a little bit under the range of her torpedoes and within a kilometer of radar range.  Simply put, if Kutuzov opens fire within 8km of an enemy, all one needs to do is turn towards her smoke and she's lit for your whole team. 

Would I seek a refund based on these changes?   Maybe.  She's still hella-OP, it's just that you can't always count on being hidden anymore -- especially when there's destroyers lurking about.  If you liked being dynamic and charging enemies at close range and giving them hell, then yeah, maybe it's worth getting your money back because Kutuzov can't pull that off anymore.

Perth - Tier 6 British Commonwealth Cruiser

• Smoke Detection range:  4.5km
  • Previous Angry YouTuber Review:  GUDBOTE
  • Current Angry YouTuber Review:  GUDBOTE

This one hurts and this one hurts a lot.  Out of the three, I think Perth is the ship that's going to have the most people that will refund her.  Perth lived and died through the use of her smoke crawl and dispensing damage that way and being sniffed out at 4.5km, while not the end of the world, it certainly removes her safety blanket.  While I personally believe Kutuzov is more significantly affected by these changes than Perth, Perth didn't start as an overpowered monster like the other two.  She still works, but the the skill floor just jumped up a small measure.

Would I seek a refund based on these changes?   Yeah, I could see good reason for people to want a refund based on the changes affecting Perth.  This is partly influenced by the fact that this is the least 'risky' premium to seek a refund for.  She may become available again in the future while Mikhail Kutuzov and Belfast are permanently removed from sale.

• Cool 7

[TBOW]
Members
1,184 posts
10,416 battles
Just now, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I'd love to buy a Perth off someone if that was possible (i know it's not), and I am keeping the other two as well. The Smoke changes were really pretty minor in the end.

I would still love to get Perth, after playing it in the corgi event, I would love to have it.  

Beta Testers
1,012 posts
13,569 battles
19 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

The changes are minimal, do not sell unless you don't like the ship.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,710 posts
11,324 battles
4 minutes ago, gcangel82 said:

I would still love to get Perth, after playing it in the corgi event, I would love to have it.  

Exact same thing happened to me, I always though it looked like a crap ship.  But I played in during the Corgi event and had lots of fun with it.  

[TBOW]
Members
1,184 posts
10,416 battles
3 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

My how time flies.  I wanted to have full reviews done for all three of them before the refund date expired, but oh well.  Here's my take on the the three and a quick explanation of how the change affected them and if I believe she's worth refunding.

Belfast - Tier 7 British Cruiser

• Smoke Detection range:  5.28km
  • Previous Angry YouTuber ReviewGUDBOTE

Alright, so clearly I missed the mark on my previous Angry YouTuber review of Belfast.  That one's on me.  The new smoke changes take some of the teeth out of this monster, but not enough to de-fang it entirely.  Recklessly charging a cap circle, hiding in your own smoke and obliterating any unfortunate lolibotes that picked the same control point as you hasn't come to an end with these changes.  Yes, it has made doing so more dangerous, but it hasn't neutered Belfast's ability to do so.  Her power level has always lay within the combination of her smoke AND her ability to detect not only targets but threats as well between the use of her radar and hydro consumables.  The change to her detection didn't take that from her.  What's more, British cruiser smoke got a little more generous, so it's even easier to lay out the clouds and not stumble out of it.  So yay.

Would I seek a refund based on these changes?   No.  Belfast is still the most Russian-biased of the non-Russian ships (Conqueror is a close second).

Mikhail Kutuzov - Tier 8 Soviet Cruiser

• Smoke Detection range:  7.72km
  • Previous Angry YouTuber Review:  OVERPOWERED

Mikhail Kutuzov has always been overpowered and these changes seem aimed squarely at dragging her back down to at least Chapayev levels.  I'm not sure they succeeded.  Of the three, she's the one that loses out the most in terms of the detection change.  Mikhail Kutuzov can no longer pull off the trick of dumping smoke at any range, remaining confident that they can then dispense firepower enough to punish anyone unlucky enough to be caught within her sights.  Her new smoke detection range is just a little bit under the range of her torpedoes and within a kilometer of radar range.  Simply put, if Kutuzov opens fire within 8km of an enemy, all one needs to do is turn towards her smoke and she's lit for your whole team. 

Would I seek a refund based on these changes?   Maybe.  She's still hella-OP, it's just that you can't always count on being hidden anymore -- especially when there's destroyers lurking about.  If you liked being dynamic and charging enemies at close range and giving them hell, then yeah, maybe it's worth getting your money back because Kutuzov can't pull that off anymore.

Perth - Tier 6 British Commonwealth Cruiser

• Smoke Detection range:  4.5km
  • Previous Angry YouTuber Review:  GUDBOTE
  • Current Angry YouTuber Review:  GUDBOTE

This one hurts and this one hurts a lot.  Out of the three, I think Perth is the ship that's going to have the most people that will refund her.  Perth lived and died through the use of her smoke crawl and dispensing damage that way and being sniffed out at 4.5km, while not the end of the world, it certainly removes her safety blanket.  While I personally believe Kutuzov is more significantly affected by these changes than Perth, Perth didn't start as an overpowered monster like the other two.  She still works, but the the skill floor just jumped up a small measure.

Would I seek a refund based on these changes?   Yeah, I could see good reason for people to want a refund based on the changes affecting Perth.  This is partly influenced by the fact that this is the least 'risky' premium to seek a refund for.  She may become available again in the future while Mikhail Kutuzov and Belfast are permanently removed from sale.

TY LWM, All Three are still viable I think and I have 2 of them and just got a Kraken in the Belfast on Sunday.  And I want a Perth.

[SYN]
Members
14,370 posts
10,239 battles
8 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Alright, so clearly I missed the mark on my previous Angry YouTuber review of Belfast.

Belfast also didn't have access to IFHE when she was released.

If I remember correctly. In fact, many many changes since release.

Removal of OWSF from 13.3km out and the such

Edited by MrDeaf

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

If you can buy ANY of them before the final date/time, do it. 

I'm personally living in a fantasy world wherein the Belfast get's comp'd with some applesauce awesome buffs. Ah, how sweet it will be when she gets the choice of torpedoes over radar... Sweet... imagine an 8 pack of typical long range RN cruiser torps... 

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,503 battles
48 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

No way I’m selling my Belfast!!

the smoke changes are not that big of a deal

Members
2,434 posts
12,163 battles

The main reason I am not selling mine is that there isn't anything to buy with the gold. After the pumkin crate glut I doubt WG is going to put anything new up for sale that can be purchased with doubloons. It would be like giving away free ships. Right now its just the usual suspects for sale. Everything up there now has been available for a long time and there isn't any ships there that are better than the Kutuzov and Belfast.

Beta Testers
601 posts

Same here, keeping my Belfast and MK and wish I had a Perth.

The MK is my favorite ship bar none. The versatility of the MK cannot be understated, even with the nerf.   You will get my MK when you pry it from my cold dead fingers.  Now uptier me again.... I’m used to it :Smile_izmena:

Members
214 posts
12 battles
40 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Perth lived and died through the use of her smoke crawl and dispensing damage that way

Rubbish, getting close and saturating a ship with HE, AP and torpedoes in 2 minute creep smoke is just one feature.

Most people don't realise just how much spotting damage/info Perth contributes with the ability to fly two tier 8 spotter planes (or fighters) for 4 minutes on the front lines. No other ship in the game can do this after the RN CL spotter nerf.

It's more reliable (and fun) than cheap/lazy radar tricks or camping at the back in smoke hoping others spot for you. You can also use them to snipe from range in random battles too..

Here's a good example, check out my average 'damage upon your spotting' stat for ranked season 7. How does it compare?

Spoiler

S1aTqtb.jpg

Alpha Tester
1,940 posts
4 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I admit I sold mine only a few days after receiving it from a supercontainer. 8.2k doubloons was too good to refuse, and this is coming from a non-wallet warrior. It's not every day you get to sell a premium ship for doubloons. It took me a while to realize that there really isn't anything worth buying with doubloons. The choice of available premium ships in the tech tree is lacklustre (at least for the Asia server) and I never convert free XP.

I guess it's nice owning a rare premium ship. With the upcoming T7 scenario, Belfast is sure to be a regular ship for me (the only T7 ship I keep permanently is Blyskawica), and Jack Dunkirk will be in it. However, I still long for the Imperator Nikolai and if it's ever possible in future I will gladly trade either my Belfast, Arkansas Beta or Iwaki Alpha for it. :Smile_Default:

p5yx858.jpg

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,797 posts
18,700 battles

I'm keeping all three of them , heck yeah now they've become rare ships that's makes them even better  

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
4,773 posts
13,589 battles

Today I plan on playing my 400th battle with the Mighty Belfast.

Selling this ship has never crossed my mind.