You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BlailBlerg

Concealment buff to Mahan?

Concealment buff to Mahan  

29 members have voted

1. 1. poll

15 comments in this topic

[FAE]
Members
2,117 posts
2,507 battles

T7 DDs are in a tough spot due to T8 getting the concealment module. And T7 DDs tend tohave the worst base concealment. 

Could the Mahan pretty please get a concealment reduction? It'll still be easily spotted, but at least it wont be gimped. Its a crazy fun ship for pre-planning and torp drops. 

Blyska really could use something to do if she gets hurt. There's really no fun in playing gunboat in the post-bloom game. 

I hear Akatsuki is hurt by the same issue. 

Shiratsuyu does fine atm, but its super frustrating and I'm never touching it again. Not having smoke is ridiculous. 

Don't really have much info on the T7 VMF and KM. 

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Members
120 posts
4,945 battles

I sold mine she is to easy to spot. Then all guns are on you... Much like being in a Cleveland. For some reason do much better in Benson... Farragut is. meh

Members
4,735 posts
5,464 battles

Only if Akatsuki gets a concealment buff at the same time. Max concealment of 6.44km in Akatsuki isn't anywhere near comfortable for and IJN DD. She's just a tad too visible, it needs to be closer to 6.0km when concealment is maxed out.

Edit: If I'm recalling correctly, Mahan's concealment when maxed out isn't that far off from Akatsuki, so any buff to Mahan's concealment would make her stealthier than Akatsuki.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester
4,084 posts
4,098 battles

IMO Mahan, along with other tier 7 DDs, got a concealment buff with the commander skill changes to make CE a 4 point skill

[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,660 posts
2,671 battles
11 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Only if Akatsuki gets a concealment buff at the same time. Max concealment of 6.44km in Akatsuki isn't anywhere near comfortable for and IJN DD. She's just a tad too visible, it needs to be closer to 6.0km when concealment is maxed out.

Edit: If I'm recalling correctly, Mahan's concealment when maxed out isn't that far off from Akatsuki, so any buff to Mahan's concealment would make her stealthier than Akatsuki.

Mahan's concealment with CE and camo is 6.9km. Shiratsuyu with CE is 5.8km. In all honestly Akatsuki would be fine going down to 6.2 max, Mahan at 6.6 max to make them far more comfortable with the post gunnery changes.

As for Maass and Minsk I can't really speak on those two. Maass does have an advantage with faster torpedo's than Mahan as well as Hydro but Mahan has better smoke. Due to Maass having a 7.7 base vs Mahan's 7.9 base it's fair to say that even with Mahan's reduction Maass would still be close in concealment with CE.

Beta Testers
1,012 posts
13,561 battles
2 hours ago, BlailBlerg said:

Not having smoke is ridiculous

Smoke or no smoke is your choice.

[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor
551 posts
4,743 battles

No, the T7 DDs are fine. They have enough tools to excel in matches even if they get uptiered.

[TSPC]
Members
173 posts
6,271 battles

While it is slightly annoying to get spotted that far out, you do still wreck DDs who do get spotted by you - at least lower and equal tier ships and IJN DDs.

You also shouldn't be contesting a cap with a higher tier DD like a Z-23 or Benson... and you shouldn't be charging into anyone with support or are a larger ship that are undistracted - maybe *slight* buff but nothing too extreme like T8 slot

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,815 battles
On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 6:51 AM, mrmariokartguy said:

No, the T7 DDs are fine. They have enough tools to excel in matches even if they get uptiered.

I disagree with this; in my experience tier 7 DD's regularly get waffle-stomped by higher tier DD's.

20 hours ago, 901234 said:

While it is slightly annoying to get spotted that far out, you do still wreck DDs who do get spotted by you - at least lower and equal tier ships and IJN DDs.

Leningrad, Blys, and Maass can all wax a Mahan, quickly and easily.

[FAE]
Members
2,117 posts
2,507 battles

Mahan really does not need to be this outlier in a soft stat that's made up by WG anyway. 

Members
1,683 posts
7,756 battles
On 11/27/2017 at 6:23 AM, MQ1hunter said:

I sold mine she is to easy to spot. Then all guns are on you... Much like being in a Cleveland. For some reason do much better in Benson... Farragut is. meh

Bensons detection gets down to about 6 IIRC. It’s a world of difference. 

Farragut and Mahan could both use a small buff to detection, but then the IJN would need small buffs too.

The problem is that USN guns don’t work well at all beyond about 7 km, so USN DDs need to get close to do their job.  As long as they are detected farther than 6km, they should be good. 

Members
2,274 posts
7,314 battles

The problem are t7 DDs overall, not only Mahan. All t7 DDs have bad concealment values. 

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
471 posts
5,426 battles
On 12/8/2017 at 0:39 PM, AnimaL21 said:

if mahan gets a detection buff, then surely Sims should as well.   

Yes please