You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Braak

Season 2 clan battles suggestion

72 comments in this topic

[KSC]
Supertester
53 posts
7,198 battles

Although we as a clan are enjoying this season of clan battles with every win and regrettably loss as well, we have talked about next season and came up with a suggestion

tier 8

-1 cv, 2 B.B. , whatever mix of dd and ca

-rentals for B.B., ca and dd awarded after first tier 7 game,rotate every 3-4 weeks

- 3 point cap from this season

Same points for win and loss from this season.

tier 8 opens up a lot more ships and playstyles as well as using carriers that are not overwhelmingly abusive, this will allow for more varied teams and plans. Also putting it at tier 8 allows for more access for those clan members who haven’t slogged it out to tier 10 yet or don’t like the tier 10 ship list. 

I realize its it’s a chaotic mess I typed but discuss away and maybe we can put together a convincing argument and see this as next seasons format for clan battles. 

Happy hunting.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,046 posts
9,267 battles

I prefer 10s and would like them to let us run up to 2 BBs. IMO they should keep it 10s because we need something to do with our 10s and what is the point of grinding up to them without any content for them?

• Cool 6

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles

No, no tier 8. 

If you want to play end game stuff, you need the end game content. Period. 

Also, any inclusion of carriers is going to stagnate the game, not introduce more plans and play styles. Regardless of the tier. There needs to be a change to cvs first. 

Edited by Pulicat
  • Cool 2

[R-R-R]
Members
969 posts
6,394 battles
24 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

No, no tier 8. 

If you want to play end game stuff, you need the end game content. Period. 

Also, any inclusion of carriers is going to stagnate the game, not introduce more plans and play styles. Regardless of the tier. There needs to be a change to cvs first. 

I think it is good idea to rotate tiers to prevent stagnant meta between season to season.

Also T8 is used in supremacy league. Not being the final tier doesn't mean it can't be end-game content.

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester
4,084 posts
4,095 battles
3 minutes ago, Exciton8964 said:

I think it is good idea to rotate tiers to prevent stagnant meta between season to season.

Also T8 is used in supremacy league. Not being the final tier doesn't mean it can't be end-game content.

SL and CB are fundamentally different things

• Cool 1

[R-R-R]
Members
969 posts
6,394 battles
Just now, Cruiser_Noshiro said:

SL and CB are fundamentally different things

So you think participating in SL is not end-game content? Just because it is not created by WG?

Edited by Exciton8964

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,201 posts
6,433 battles
30 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

The removal of CVs also did not really introduce any more playstyles. The removal caused a Switch from "You better have a crap ton of AA and DF" to "If you have any sort of AA-Investment you are a loser". Basically we went from Extreme A to Extreme B.

I'd love to see CVs in Clan Battles, and I hope that WG will get them into a CW-usable state for the next season.

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles
2 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

The removal of CVs also did not really introduce any more playstyles. The removal caused a Switch from "You better have a crap ton of AA and DF" to "If you have any sort of AA-Investment you are a loser". Basically we went from Extreme A to Extreme B.

I'd love to see CVs in Clan Battles, and I hope that WG will get them into a CW-usable state for the next season.

Are you joking? being unspotted for a great length of time allows for infinite variations of strategies, set ups, traps and ambushes.

• Cool 5

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles
9 minutes ago, Exciton8964 said:

SL is a dream project not actually supported in any way than given some compensation for rewards for PR. For it to be end game content it would have to be part of the damn game first.

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,201 posts
6,433 battles
Just now, Pulicat said:

Are you joking? being unspotted for a great length of time allows for infinite variations of strategies, set ups, traps and ambushes.

In Terms of builds it caused a very one-dimensional choice. Though I think I might be mixing up playstyle and builds a bit here, my bad.

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles
3 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

In Terms of builds it caused a very one-dimensional choice. Though I think I might be mixing up playstyle and builds a bit here, my bad.

I get it, but playstyle is always going to be more determined by the ship. And a ship is not going to have more than 2 effective module/skill set ups.

Edited by Pulicat

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

No tier 8.....Tier 10 only same make up from first season,  In the United States the people still work 3 full shifts, when not working they are living their lives.... Chores.... food..... shopping.... SLEEPING... Then maybe a few games of WoWs when all is said and done with life's demands. Let us choose the days and hours we can do the clan battles. 3 hours  split up like it is sucks for living life. Clan Battles are for those of the player base who have done the grind to 10.  The rental ships are a good Idea and needing a lvl 8 to become eligible for the rental is appropriate. { It gives the small incentive needed to engage the grind to 10 }

Clan Battle schedule:  All times Pst

Week 1 

Starts monday 00:01

Ends sunday 23:59 

Week 2

Off

Week 3 

Same as Week 1

Week 4

Off

OR

Week 1

Starts Monday thru Sunday    Noon to Midnight

Ends Sunday Midnight 

Week 2 

same as Week 1

Week 3

sames as Week 1

Week 4

Same as week 1

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester
4,084 posts
4,095 battles
1 hour ago, Exciton8964 said:

So you think participating in SL is not end-game content? Just because it is not created by WG?

SL is just a tournament based system, while CBs is team-based ranked system. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,046 posts
9,267 battles
15 minutes ago, Cruiser_Noshiro said:

SL is just a tournament based system, while CBs is team-based ranked system. 

SL is not a system. SL is a player made up/third party bandaid for non-existent tourney content. But that is just my opinion.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,643 posts
8,013 battles

I would like to have another rank season with T6 ship. They are all balanced even premium

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
2 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

Some thoughts on CVs vs no CVs in CBs.

1. If CVs are allowed, like you point out, it would almost certainly cause a shift in the build and captain skills set up to very strong anti-air setups.  In one sense, this would be good for DDs, since may tier 10 cruisers have the choice of DF or Hydro.  This season, anyone with a lick of sense chose hydro.  Furthermore (particularly with the free/super cheap) captain respecs just before the CB season started, people were respeccing their captains away from anti-air related skills.

OTOH, if CVs are allowed, DDs will be hurt badly because they'll be constantly spotted by carrier planes, at the barest minimum.  Or blown out of the water by concerted carrier attacks, at worst.  No DD would be able to operate at a decent distance from an anti-air cruiser, unless it was capable of serious AA self-defense, which perhaps only the Gearing or Grozovoi could pull off.  However, with the proliferation of Radar, I'm not sure that the Groz would be of much value offensively, since its torps max range is only 10 km.

2. If carriers are allowed, I think that it could get to the point pretty quickly that bringing a carrier might be a complete necessity.  Furthermore, if you didn't have a hardcore CV main, your team might be boned right from the start, which doesn't seem very fair to me.  It doesn't seem fair that the presence of a single player in a single ship type (i.e. a CV) should be allowed to so utterly pre-determine the outcome of a battle.  Now, sure, I suppose that a team could not bother with a carrier and go for a team of total hardcore anti-air ships, like a Montana, Des Moines, and Gearings/Grozovois.  But it also seems to me that you'd be almost forced to fight in a "blob" to mass your anti-air, and would lose any ability to spread your forces out to gain any tactical or strategic advantages.  Heck, even with a CV on your side, I could see a team feeling forced to fight as a blob.  This doesn't seem to me to improve the strategic options for CB's.

3. Is it possible that WG will have the CV rework done in time for the next CBs season?  Only time will tell.  However, I'm not entirely sure that it would matter.  Does it really matter how they tweak carriers when it comes to perma-spotting DD's, for example?  I doubt it.  Other things might improve, I suppose.  But I'm not sure that CV's will ever not be just one ship on a team.  I suspect that they'll always be seen as the single more important, game changing ship on any team, where a great player can make a carrier look OP and a weak player can make the carrier look almost worthless, far more so than any other type of ship.

Anyways, that's all I have.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles

A thought on ship tiers for CB's.

Assuming the same ranking structure as for this season, I could see doing tier 6 for the first league, then tier 8 for the second league, and finally tier 10 for the last two leagues.

[SAA]
Members
813 posts
26,716 battles

Don't care what tier, just happy there are no CV's.  I am sorry for the CV drivers that are really good in that ship at T10, all 7 of them.   OK, yes there is more then 7 good T10 CV drivers, but we all know that if WG aloud CV's in clan battles at T10, then there would only be a small unicum population that would ever make it to Typhoon.  All the teams with the good CV's will just dominate there way to the top, and once they get there they will get on another clan tag and just do it again. 

Lets face it, no matter what the tier, ship restrictions or maps WG comes up with, they are going to piss off at least 1/3 of the player base. 

As for me, I am learning a lot facing some really good clans and have gotten better in the ships I am running.  I look forward to the next fight even though it can be really frustrating (like Ranked Battles, but instead of blaming some random player I can blame a friend).

• Cool 1

[OPG]
Members
3,870 posts
5,463 battles

I want Clan Battles to be Tier 10, but part of me has to wonder what is going to happen come the 4th season when the top players in the top clans all start getting their Stalingrads......  

[KSC]
Supertester
53 posts
7,198 battles

I can see both sides of the coin on the no cv yes cv game play as well as keeping it tier 10 but here’s some more thoughts. 

On on the changing tiers: 

Just like ranked battles changing the tiers keeps the game mode from getting stagnant. Different strategies and metas exist at different tiers. Changing it up every season shows the strength of clans as they need to adjust and be able to manage whatever ships they have at there disposal . You can argue that tier 10 is end game content but is it? How many of us drop down to lower tiers because we enjoy playing ships not at tier 10? Clan battles is end game content but a hard tier 10 only restriction for every season is not the way to especially with the lack of tier 10’s compared to the other tiers. More available options of ships allows for more varied compositions of forces and playstyles. 

Cv in clan battle: 

Allowing them in clan battles is a mixed bag. Yes you have to focus on having some aa . A great cv player will definitely make a game swing more in your teams favor. So will having an above average dd player. Do you not have to deal with cv’s in random as dd players? Especially when you are on a team that is just potatoing so hard it’s like sailing in a bowl of mashed potatoes . You learn to adjust and use your tools at your disposal. Smoke, high speed and sharp turning abilities. The more the cv is focused on your dd the less he is covering the fleet. Allowing your cv to do damage on the bulk of his fleet. They should be allowed the opportunity to play in at least a season of clan battles just to see if it’s as unbalanced as some are saying or if they can be managed by the craftier clans who can work as a unit to make the Cvs impact negligible or at least mitigate the impact. 

[OO7]
Supertester
164 posts
4,195 battles
1 hour ago, yashma said:

I want Clan Battles to be Tier 10, but part of me has to wonder what is going to happen come the 4th season when the top players in the top clans all start getting their Stalingrads......  

They'll introduce another new reward ship that you have to continue playing to earn.  Just like with the Flint/Black.

[KSC]
Supertester
53 posts
7,198 battles

Also were they to expand on the available time to play you would definitely need to lower the tier to allow more people to actively play. We all can’t be on 24 hours a day but a lower tier means more available players , which means less time waiting in queue meaning more matches played on the whole and by default more rewards.

[TBOW]
Members
1,173 posts
10,408 battles

CVs are part of the game, they belong in Clan Battles.  To those who don't want them, then maybe they have a hard time against them.  GIT GUD AGAINST CVs.  What you always say Pulicat.

[SF-3]
Members
1,428 posts
7,870 battles

I agree with Cat about CVs needing a rework before they are introduced into CW. Reasoning, clans with unicum, super unicum CV players will literally AFK to the top. I don't think you guys fully understanding what playing against a top 10 CV player would look like. First they would wreck the enemy CV, then with total control of the skys would spot every enemy ship and kill them off one at a time. GG, NR.

[OPG]
Members
3,870 posts
5,463 battles
18 minutes ago, LadyUniPotato said:

They'll introduce another new reward ship that you have to continue playing to earn.  Just like with the Flint/Black.

That's not what I was getting at.  The Stalingrad looks like it is going to be insanely powerful in the current Clan Wars meta, and by the 4th season which ever clans can field a lot of Stalingrads are going to have a significant advantage over other clans that can't. 

*Part of me also thinks that the Stalingrad is going to end up being one of those ships WG allows to be slightly OP because of how rare it is.