You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
EasternSun

Battleships will you stop shooting next to me in Smoke

44 comments in this topic

[_AFW_]
[_AFW_]
Members
125 posts
5,199 battles

Will all you Battleships captains stop charging next to me and firing. Your no longer invisible in smoke and I'm getting hit way to much from shells heading towards you. 3 matches in a row i got Citadeled from a shot at you while i wasn't even shooting. All because you decided you wanted to join me in my cloud and park right next to me while LOL spamming HE at other ships.

• Cool 2

Members
2,092 posts
8,095 battles
Just now, EasternSun said:

Will all you Battleships captains stop charging next to me and firing. Your no longer invisible in smoke and I'm getting hit way to much from shells heading towards you. 3 matches in a row i got Citadeled from a shot at you while i wasn't even shooting. All because you decided you wanted to join me in my cloud and park right next to me while LOL spamming HE at other ships.

A lot of BBabies do really dumb things and don’t realize they’re doing really dumb things, so they keep doing that same dumb thing because their little snowflake minds tell them that what they’re doing ISNT dumb when it really is REALLY dumb

• Cool 3

[SYN]
Members
4,532 posts
11,434 battles

Something else BBs can stop doing:

>  Whilst being focused or otherwise being shot at, entering a cap that's nearly captured by the unseen friendly ship capping it, only to get reset because he thought he'd lumber in and "help out".

• Cool 6

Members
1,783 posts
8,123 battles
15 minutes ago, EasternSun said:

If that is the worst teammate behavior you have had to deal with this weekend you have been extremely fortunate.

• Cool 3

[SALVO]
Members
16,653 posts
17,300 battles
38 minutes ago, FireAndHEspam said:

A lot of BBabies do really dumb things and don’t realize they’re doing really dumb things, so they keep doing that same dumb thing because their little snowflake minds tell them that what they’re doing ISNT dumb when it really is REALLY dumb

It's not really BBabies so much as it is the players who don't pay attention to the update notes or come here to the forums.  They're oblivious to changes that each update brings and they take forever to learn them.  Honestly, sometimes I think that it would be better if certain changes would be made in such a way that it would be difficult for this group of players to screw up.  That said, I think that they'd still find a way to do it. 

• Cool 1

Members
8,072 posts
17,032 battles
33 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

>  Whilst being focused or otherwise being shot at, entering a cap that's nearly captured by the unseen friendly ship capping it, only to get reset because he thought he'd lumber in and "help out".

For me it was a fellow destroyer... In one of the "Nyah! Nyah! You can't hit me!" corners of B cap on Solomons; another DD came in, and until they finally left, cap kept resetting from about 1.5 secs to 5 secs...

[TBW]
Members
6,350 posts
11,894 battles
51 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

Yes that's the one I don't like.

Members
4,145 posts

I try not to do that.

But while we're talking smoke.  Can DDs please stop all activating smoke making it so no one on the team can spot the enemy, but they can still spot me in my BB.  So frustrating to be targeted by 3+ enemies you can't see thanks to friendly DD smoke blocking your team's vision and spotting abilities.

• Cool 5

Members
3,303 posts
8,040 battles
1 hour ago, EasternSun said:

Dumb-asses. 

[-VT-]
Members
330 posts
6,482 battles

Also, while I find it a nice gesture for a dd so smoke me up in a BB, it kinda goes to waste when there is an enemy BB and Kagero within 10km of us...

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

It's almost to the point that a battleship or carrier simply cannot hide in smoke, no matter what. It's about the only way to end the stupidity of not only these things but pushing out the ship that generated the smoke. Oh, I know they'll never do it bbutt- that's the only way it would stop.

For about a week - then they'd be back at it because your dd/cruiser CAN hide in smoke but THEY can't. It's a no-win situation mah friends. 

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
1 hour ago, Kuckoo said:

So serious question. I was under the impression each ship carried it's own capture points as part of the total, and the reset for being hit only applied to the points of the ship being hit. Case in point, I've defend many a cap where I could shell the two BBs from where I was but not the unspotted DD, and even with resetting the BBs the unspotted DD can eventually take the cap on its own. It also seems that shooting a ship that's been capping longer resets more points. 

So what precisely is the capture point gain and reset mechanic? 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,754 posts
9,477 battles
1 hour ago, Magic_Fighting_Tuna said:

It's all good your going to get by torpedo's anyways from sitting in that smoke. might as well take the shells in stride :cap_haloween:

Two Kidds smoked up in B on islands of Ice. I confirmed with RPF that the smoke wasn't a decoy and my Harikaze with reload booster and two Fletchers unloaded our torpedoes into that smoke cloud.

2 minutes later, both Kidds are dead.

Enemy Player: "Ladies and gentlemen, how to get torpedoed in smoke, brought to you today by the Kidds on our team."

• Cool 3

[WOLF5]
Members
1,497 posts
2,065 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

It's not really BBabies so much as it is the players who don't pay attention to the update notes or come here to the forums.  They're oblivious to changes that each update brings and they take forever to learn them.  Honestly, sometimes I think that it would be better if certain changes would be made in such a way that it would be difficult for this group of players to screw up.  That said, I think that they'd still find a way to do it. 

Yeah, it was right after the smoke patch. Some of us on the team were discussing how various enemy ships had changed with the patch. One of our DDs: "so I missed the patch notes, what changed?"

Do you know how hard it is to quickly explain the new smoke mechanics in battle chat?

[SALVO]
Members
16,653 posts
17,300 battles
1 minute ago, AJTP89 said:

Yeah, it was right after the smoke patch. Some of us on the team were discussing how various enemy ships had changed with the patch. One of our DDs: "so I missed the patch notes, what changed?"

Do you know how hard it is to quickly explain the new smoke mechanics in battle chat?

Meh, just say BB's can't shoot in smoke without being spotted.  period.  Say that the rest need to look at the patch notes.

[OPG]
Members
3,907 posts
5,503 battles
2 hours ago, Kuckoo said:

Huh?  That's not how it works.  The BB getting reset has no affect on the DD the capping.  If the DD is 15 seconds away from capping when the BB comes in and gets reset, the DD is still going to be 15 seconds away from capping after the BB is reset.  

29 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

So serious question. I was under the impression each ship carried it's own capture points as part of the total, and the reset for being hit only applied to the points of the ship being hit. Case in point, I've defend many a cap where I could shell the two BBs from where I was but not the unspotted DD, and even with resetting the BBs the unspotted DD can eventually take the cap on its own. It also seems that shooting a ship that's been capping longer resets more points. 

So what precisely is the capture point gain and reset mechanic? 

Yes, this is exactly how it works.  Each ship carries its own capture points, independent of the other ships in the capture circle.  

*Fun fact, it's actually possible to get credit for a solo cap, even if there are multiple other friendly ships that were sitting in the cap longer than you.  If they keep getting reset, while you do not, eventually you will cap it in the same amount of time it takes a single ship to cap.....and you get credit for a "solo capture".

Edited by yashma
  • Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
6,024 posts
5,102 battles

Why?  A BB can only help with the cap time, not harm it.  Just cause you enter a cap first doesn't mean you are entitled to the special Captured Base ribbon and it's extra bonuses.  Don't act so selfishly.

Edited by Sventex
  • Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,497 posts
2,065 battles
6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Meh, just say BB's can't shoot in smoke without being spotted.  period.  Say that the rest need to look at the patch notes.

I think that's pretty much what we ended up telling the guy, and that nothing really changed for DDs.

I read every patch note that comes out, and know the basics of most of the new ships. I guess I take the game too seriously.

Members
3,647 posts
13,502 battles
2 hours ago, EasternSun said:

At least said BB didn't push you out of your smoke cloud so he could park in it. That's happened to me 3 times in Brit CLs and I damn near got blown away twice because of it. (2 of those times I popped the smoke to hide from being focus-fired on) FYI BB drivers; When a Brit CL pops smoke, it's mostly for his use, not yours. There aint enough room in a Brit CL's smoke for the CL AND a huge BB. The Brit CL needs that concealment more than a BB, who has much better armor and a higher health pool.

Now this is hypocrisy. Folks endlessly complain about BBs never capping and when they do folks complain about them entering the cap. Sheesh!

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
420 posts
5,617 battles
2 hours ago, FireAndHEspam said:

BaDDies tend to hate anything that counters them. Hydro, radar, plane spotting, high RPM guns with good ballistics, people who dodge torpedoes, etc.

[SALVO]
Members
16,653 posts
17,300 battles
11 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Why?  A BB can only help with the cap time, not harm it.  Just cause you enter a cap first doesn't mean you are entitled to the special Captured Base ribbon and it's extra bonuses.  Don't act so selfishly.

Yeah, the thing is that if a DD is on the cap with, say, 80 cap points and the BB then enters, he's not going to have many cap points at all to lose if he does get reset.  The DD isn't going to lose any of the cap points he's gaining.  And the enemy may just get distracted into shooting the target they can see and perhaps avoid getting close enough to spot the DD, unless they have radar.

Beta Testers
492 posts
4,505 battles
17 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

BaDDies tend to hate anything that counters them. Hydro, radar, plane spotting, high RPM guns with good ballistics, people who dodge torpedoes, etc.

Yes cause no one else has ever, ever complained about things killing say Destroyers right, like radar, or hydro or planes, completely unheard of I know?