Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

When things go your way

7 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,781 posts
12,906 battles

Somehow in the heat of battle I fumble fingered my keyboard and switched from AP to HE.  Didn't even notice until I saw the round tracers.  I was like..."Oh crap...how did that happen".  The target was a beautifully broadside Cleveland and I was mentally kicking myself because it was a picture perfect AP target.  And I just fired eight rounds of HE.  Sheesh!  Then....detonation.  Detonated with HE.  Nothing like screwing up and getting rewarded for it.  LoL.

Biz.thumb.jpg.c4b80def94c6e8ac51ff59dfd880eca6.jpg

*FYI: I was playing Bismarck, so it wasn't a torp fumble.  The T5 was a fail division.

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 2

[-SYN-]
Members
212 posts
4,240 battles

I've had it happen once. I can't remember exactly what ship I was in (BB though).

I just did a full reinstall, so my shells were back to the default HE position. Lined up and just took a pot shot at a cruiser somewhere over 15km from me (early game).

Hit him, he detonated.

I was torn between appologizing and laughing at the obsurdity of it. That one HE shell probably achieved more than my AP broadside would have.

Members
3,647 posts
13,502 battles

I got 2 detonations in one battle, both on Clevelands, with HE while driving Dunkerque. Surprised the hell out of me! I got a "hacker" accusation as well because. "there's no way that anyone can get 2 dets in one battle!" :Smile_teethhappy:

[NDA]
Supertester
4,791 posts
13,617 battles

I once met a bow on Nurnberg at point blank range while sailing my Scharnhorst, had HE loaded cause I was fight destroyers on the C cap of Neighbors. 9 rounds of Scharnhorst HE right into the face of that Nurnberg and BOOM detonated. It happened so fast my Secondary Gunners were still enjoying their adult beverages. 

Members
8,072 posts
17,032 battles
1 hour ago, FireAndHEspam said:

Had you had AP loaded RNGesus would have handed you a bunch of overpens instead :Smile-_tongue:

Pretty much... So many times, perfect broadside target, cluster of hits across the center of a target... BIG middle finger from RNG...

Sign in to follow this