You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
VGLance

It's not hard. It really isn't. You just need...

27 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,694 battles

... intelligence.  Anyone who thinks it requires luck or a div or some other external factor doesn't have the intelligence they would like to believe they have.  But don't beat yourself up over it, the rewards are crap.  It's only there for us OCD freaks who get a nervous Sheldon Cooper twitch when there are unfinished missions open.

x4VDlCW.jpg

• Cool 2

[SYN]
Members
4,521 posts
11,433 battles

Ya, too bad it's the lack of intelligence that's keeping some of us from achieving the 50k flooding mission, rite?

Congratulations for the sanctimonious tone.

• Cool 4

[EGI]
Beta Testers
1,170 posts
17,813 battles

I actually had more issues finishing the one where it was 5k each to DDs, Cruisers, BBs, and top3 on team for XP.  It was always the case of doing not enough damage to one type.  The flooding mission was a pain but really if you hit with enough torps you will get enough flooding eventually.  They were some oddly difficult missions though, or at least it seemed so to me.   

Oddly it is still showing the 3rd mission rather than the 4th but I got the camo rewards and the mission is gone from the  list in port

I literally only played DDs yesterday trying to finish this.  Oddly it is still showing the 3rd mission rather than the 4th but I got the camo rewards and the mission is gone from the list in port.  

Fm4QZK9.jpg

Edited by Swine_007

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,694 battles
37 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

Ya, too bad it's the lack of intelligence that's keeping some of us from achieving the 50k flooding mission, rite?

Congratulations for the sanctimonious tone.

It is.  99% of DD players dump their entire load of torps at once every chance they get instead of spacing them out so the repair wears off in time for the second set to arrive.  So they either completely sink the enemy BB, completely miss, or get a flood which is instantly repaired.

There are times also where DD players will fire torps before setting fires.

And of course if you've played at all in the last few days, you'd see just how many DD players are suiciding themselves before 5 minutes.  If you're not living constantly past 10 minutes, you're simply not alive long enough to get floods.  You'd think after Tier 5-6, DD players would stop sitting broadside in their own smoke, but nope.

These are all intelligence deficits whether you care to accept that reality or not.

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,694 battles
22 minutes ago, Swine_007 said:

I actually had more issues finishing the one where it was 5k each to DDs, Cruisers, BBs, and top3 on team for XP.  It was always the case of doing not enough damage to one type.  The flooding mission was a pain but really if you hit with enough torps you will get enough flooding eventually.  They were some oddly difficult missions though, or at least it seemed so to me.   

Oddly it is still showing the 3rd mission rather than the 4th but I got the camo rewards and the mission is gone from the  list in port

I literally only played DDs yesterday trying to finish this.  Oddly it is still showing the 3rd mission rather than the 4th but I got the camo rewards and the mission is gone from the list in port.  

Fm4QZK9.jpg

I had several matches where there were only 2 cruisers and they happened to go to the exact opposite side of the map and got deleted before I had a chance to get within range.  Things like that will happen, so you just gotta load another match.  A gun boat DD is definitely the way to go for that last mission.  Especially if you have an extended speed boost modded Khab. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[H-W-C]
Members
1,258 posts
3,306 battles
1 minute ago, VGLance said:

I had several matches where there were only 2 cruisers and they happened to go to the exact opposite side of the map and got deleted before I had a chance to get within range.  Things like that will happen, so you just gotta load another match.  A gun boat DD is definitely the way to go for that last mission.  Especially if you have an extended speed boost modded Khab. :Smile_teethhappy:

I did the last mission in... Akatsuki!

Take that, gunboat destroyers!

[SYN]
Members
4,521 posts
11,433 battles
3 minutes ago, VGLance said:

It is.  99% of DD players dump their entire load of torps at once every chance they get instead of spacing them out so the repair wears off in time for the second set to arrive.  So they either completely sink the enemy BB, completely miss, or get a flood which is instantly repaired.

And of course if you've played at all in the last few days, you'd see just how many DD players are suiciding themselves before 5 minutes.  If you're not living constantly past 10 minutes, you're simply not alive long enough to get floods.  You'd think after Tier 5-6, DD players would stop sitting broadside in their own smoke, but nope.

These are all intelligence deficits whether you care to accept that reality or not.

I'm talking about those who actually know what they are doing but the results don't show it, as far as the required quantities of flooding is concerned.  Some players, regardless of their skill or "intelligence", will see a more favorable set of circumstances than others, and this situation changes hands as often as matches are being generated.

Irrespective of those who are still learning how to DD or torpedo or those who simply don't care, it is shortsighted and ignorant (as well as showing bad taste in self-promotion) to suggest that a lack of intelligence is the reason why other players haven't achieved the 50k flooding mission.

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,694 battles
2 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

I'm talking about those who actually know what they are doing but the results don't show it, as far as the required quantities of flooding is concerned.  Some players, regardless of their skill or "intelligence", will see a more favorable set of circumstances than others, and this situation changes hands as often as matches are being generated.

Irrespective of those who are still learning how to DD or torpedo or those who simply don't care, it is shortsighted and ignorant (as well as showing bad taste in self-promotion) to suggest that a lack of intelligence is the reason why other players haven't achieved the 50k flooding mission.

I would agree with you if you are only playing 5-10 matches and having outrageously unrealistic expectations of completing the entire set of missions.  With a small sample size, you are going to of course have some opportunities other might not or vice versa.  But over a larger sample size, like getting up to 20-30 battles (which is hardly a lot considering the length of time given to complete the mission), that argument has no merit.

You do not need to play a lot of games to get this done even if you have to play a few more until you get the right circumstances.  The thing here is perception.  You perceive you or someone else might be doing what they should be doing to complete the mission when in fact they aren't.  But since they don't know the better decisions to make, they automatically assume the decisions they are making are the best ones and some other factor must be to blame.  It's a cop out.

That's why nearly every aspect of life when measuring value is done not by the activity, but by the net results.  You can either produce results or you can't.  I can hire a lead generator that makes 150 calls a day and sets only one quality appointment a week on average.  Or I can hire a lead generator that makes 50 calls a day and sets 3 quality appointments a week on average.  Which do I hire?  By the posts people are making over this mission they are working hard and not getting results.  I'm simply saying, it takes working smarter, not harder.  If they can't, that's on them.  Winners always find a way to produce results.  Losers always find a way to produce excuses.

• Cool 1

Members
2,092 posts
8,068 battles
1 hour ago, VGLance said:

... intelligence.  Anyone who thinks it requires luck or a div or some other external factor doesn't have the intelligence they would like to believe they have.  But don't beat yourself up over it, the rewards are crap.  It's only there for us OCD freaks who get a nervous Sheldon Cooper twitch when there are unfinished missions open.

x4VDlCW.jpg

Ships with fast reloading torpedoes like the german DDs are also helpful

[EGI]
Beta Testers
1,170 posts
17,813 battles
18 minutes ago, VGLance said:

I would agree with you if you are only playing 5-10 matches and having outrageously unrealistic expectations of completing the entire set of missions.  With a small sample size, you are going to of course have some opportunities other might not or vice versa.  But over a larger sample size, like getting up to 20-30 battles (which is hardly a lot considering the length of time given to complete the mission), that argument has no merit.

You do not need to play a lot of games to get this done even if you have to play a few more until you get the right circumstances.  The thing here is perception.  You perceive you or someone else might be doing what they should be doing to complete the mission when in fact they aren't.  But since they don't know the better decisions to make, they automatically assume the decisions they are making are the best ones and some other factor must be to blame.  It's a cop out.

That's why nearly every aspect of life when measuring value is done not by the activity, but by the net results.  You can either produce results or you can't.  I can hire a lead generator that makes 150 calls a day and sets only one quality appointment a week on average.  Or I can hire a lead generator that makes 50 calls a day and sets 3 quality appointments a week on average.  Which do I hire?  By the posts people are making over this mission they are working hard and not getting results.  I'm simply saying, it takes working smarter, not harder.  If they can't, that's on them.  Winners always find a way to produce results.  Losers always find a way to produce excuses.

:fish_palm:

Sorry VG all this post shows is that although you may be a good player, you clearly have a healthy dose of skill and tactical sense, your conceit apparently also allows you to ignore some of the luck that went into finishing those missions.  

RNG determines flooding chance, skill can produce hits but luck is required to have large flooding numbers.  It borders on profound stupidity to assert that "intelligence" is more important than luck when the outcome is based on luck (RNG) to get flooding and luck to have an enemy who has DCP on cooldown and cant stop said flooding.  

Yes, skill and forethought help in completing the missions ( or any task for that matter ) but your original post wasn't about that.

Edited by Swine_007
  • Cool 2

[SWOB]
Members
2,705 posts
15,503 battles

Like most missions, I just play the game as normal and they get completed.

Not even sure why this thread needed to be made.

Edited by sbcptnitro
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
4,521 posts
11,433 battles
58 minutes ago, VGLance said:

^^  Just going to repost this for effect, just to show how widely someone can miss a point, and how blindingly and insufferably full of themselves one is capable of becoming.  Also to point out the utter irrelevance of a conveniently absolute argument about one worker making one widget an hour versus another making three in 45 minutes.

Edited by Kuckoo

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles

It's easy to say that, Vance, but it's not like torp hits themselves are so damned easy to get.  I work more about getting the torp hits and winning the game, than I do trying to game the system to try to get flooding.  This flooding mission is one giant pain in the posterior.  I've had the 150k torp damage done for a day now, and had only about 6k flooding damage when I broke the 150k torp damage barrier.  This is such a ridiculously stupid mission requirement, or at least ridiculously stupidly high for something that you don't really have that much control over.

• Cool 1

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

it just takes number of matches to get 50k flood    not hard, just requires fair amount of play to get there.  it took me about 10 matches total to do the whole 2nd part of mission, just playing my DDs.       don't try too hard, but do play well as possible and anyone can get there. just need couple  lucky hit for flooding.  

[INTEL]
Members
8,406 posts
25,228 battles
18 hours ago, VGLance said:

An absolutely hilarious troll, VGLance. Well done.

[TF16B]
Members
8,038 posts
16,968 battles

Maybe I'll go for Gallant; I seem to do reasonable well with her.

10 minutes ago, sbcptnitro said:

Like most missions, I just play the game as normal and they get completed.

Not even sure why this post needed to be made.

To show that for whatever reason some folks have the skill and strategic sense to be able to toss of mission tasks like they're nothing?

First time I ran my Kami tonight, I got everything I needed to complete the last task; EXCEPT cruiser damage... Every game after that was not even close.

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,179 battles

Yea this whole pan Asian thing was pretty easy honestly glad they didn't give out ships or something lol

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles
2 hours ago, centarina said:

it just takes number of matches to get 50k flood    not hard, just requires fair amount of play to get there.  it took me about 10 matches total to do the whole 2nd part of mission, just playing my DDs.       don't try too hard, but do play well as possible and anyone can get there. just need couple  lucky hit for flooding.  

The problem usually isn't getting the flooding, per se.  The problem is getting one AFTER the ship has used his DC party so that the flooding sticks for a nice long while so that the damage can pile up.  Frankly, it's a crapton harder to get flooding damage than fire damage, because people will let 1 fire burn on BB's, but people almost always DC a flood, the instant they get it, unless they see more inbound torps or TBs or DB's incoming.

The one group of DD's that might have a decent chance at doing this task sorta-kinda easily might be those IJN DD's with the torp reload booster, because they can fire off one whole boat load of torps, then if they get the flooding started on a ship, dump another bunch of torps on the same target, if at all possible.

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
557 posts
5 hours ago, VGLance said:

... intelligence. .... Anyone who thinks it requires luck or a div or some other

says the player with half his total games in 3 man divisions and a difference of 15% WR between solo play and division play??