Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CLUCH_CARGO

Kudos to DD mains

14 comments in this topic

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I am the worst DD driver in the history of the game. I have ground my way to the KM Maass. Losing 99% of the games. I really don't care about that. I want to have all the KM ships so a grinding I will go.But All that said the DD is a different kind of animal and those who have success in the DD's I salute you. Job Well Done. To those who have played against me in my DD "Thanks for noticing me". To those who were my allies I beg forgiveness for my poor play. Until I get to tier ten I will continue to be loved by my enemies and disdained by my allies. Slow grinding sucks but I have no choice but to endure the pure  Hell in which I have endeavored to accomplish. Although I am a sad Player I have yet to send allies a torp salad { This I am proud to say } Thanks for reading my nemesis the "DD" Since I have been running the DD I have however learned how to effectively kill them. 

• Cool 3

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,822 posts
3,502 battles

Look next to cvs it's the most skill dependent class. Never feel like you can't ask for help, this community will help if you ask for it in a decent fashion.

Gl sir

[-BRS-]
Members
1,601 posts
13,152 battles

Yes the Destroyer is a different game style but you're right to play the Destroyers to learn to kill them

[TBW]
Members
6,296 posts
11,856 battles

Just like you, I have to play the others to kill them. The more I BB and CA/CL The better I DD. The hardest thing is waiting for your team to back you up.

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
750 posts
6,828 battles

Sung to the tune of Kenny Roger's "The Gambler":

You gotta know when to torp 'em, know when to smoke 'em, know when to shoot 'em up, and know when to run....

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
1 hour ago, Hanger_18 said:

Look next to cvs it's the most skill dependent class. Never feel like you can't ask for help, this community will help if you ask for it in a decent fashion.

Gl sir

I'd put them third behind CV and CA, ahead of the potato BBotes.

CA has a higher floor, the ceiling comes down to specific ships.

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,293 battles
11 minutes ago, Thraxian said:

Sung to the tune of Kenny Roger's "The Gambler":

You gotta know when to torp 'em, know when to smoke 'em, know when to shoot 'em up, and know when to run....

ndRZ1tD.gif

• Cool 2

[5IN]
Members
1,784 posts
8,099 battles

I don't consider myself a "main" anything, but I've got more DD matches by a few hundred than the others.  DDs certainly require more patience and WASD hax skill than the others... CA/CL being a close second.  

Personally, I like the faster playstyle and sneaking around both spotting and torping.  Torping isn't always about getting hits though..  area denial is a big part of it...  that and getting large targets to turn away.  Maybe showing their broadsides to the team for more damage. 

They are definitely feast or famine though.  Sometimes huge rewards, other times nearly none at all.  I still enjoy them.. 

B

[PS1HQ]
Members
621 posts

dds are so overpowered.  ninja like invisibility and maneuverability and torps that hit harder than any weapon in the world.  no respect for dd mains if they were so good they'd play cruisers not overpowered boats.

• Cool 1

Members
3,617 posts
13,402 battles

I hear ya Clutch! I sucketh most heinously at DDs.125 battles in them and I cant seem to get the hang of playing them well. My hat's off to the skilled DDrivers. :Smile_honoring:

I'll stick with Cruisers since I sucketh the least playing that class. :Smile_playing:

Edited by ReddNekk

Members
2,092 posts
8,068 battles
8 minutes ago, OstwindFlakpanzer said:

dds are so overpowered.  ninja like invisibility and maneuverability and torps that hit harder than any weapon in the world.  no respect for dd mains if they were so good they'd play cruisers not overpowered boats.

MoarSalt.gif

How about put the salt back in the shaker and

GitGud.gif

• Cool 2

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,293 battles
18 hours ago, OstwindFlakpanzer said:

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

I can't stomach z23 either.     lion is kinda PITA as well so far (got the hull and gun upgraded finally)    one of these days, i will get back and grind it the rest of the way.

[MIA-A]
Members
1,938 posts
6,542 battles

I used to hate playing destroyers.

Playing them has made me better in all other classes though because either you learn lots about the game/situational awareness and map awareness or.. you have short games.

Sign in to follow this