You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Zaydin

Cap the number of destroyers per team already

97 comments in this topic

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
420 posts
5,617 battles

Seriously, the game has been incredibly unfun to play as of late with all the destroyers in matches thanks to the Pan-Asian missions. Average in a game I've run into off the top of my head is five destroyers per team and that's just aggravating.

My ideal would be capping both destroyers and battleships to three per team because torpedo soup is as unfun to deal with as getting deleted by a BB salvo.

• Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
8,461 posts
25,360 battles

What? Ask the devs to do something popular, necessary, and rational? That will never happen. 

• Cool 5

[HINON]
Supertester
18,978 posts
12,488 battles

Drive cruiser. Hunt DDs.

• Cool 11

Members
154 posts
4,040 battles

I would love high tiers at the least to be capped to 3 per team. I wouldn't mind waiting an extra minute or so either in any of my T10 ships. Seems like the last dozen or so battles in my Monty and Des Moines have been particularly infested with DDs ranging from T8-T10, usually at least 4-5 per team. 

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,718 posts
9,498 battles

no, it take away all the fun of radar, hydro

9.4km in the Mo

5.88km in the Freddy

and able to surprise dodging and hunting the careless dd drivers ??? Pls DO NOT

:Smile_popcorn:

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,700 posts
10,043 battles

Cap WG's getting missions written by EU...

• Cool 1

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

Drive cruiser. Hunt DDs.

This :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
2 minutes ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

no, it take away all the fun of radar, hydro and able to surprise dodging and hunting the careless dd drivers ??? Pls DO NOT

:Smile_popcorn:

Pretty accurate lol.

[PSP]
Members
6,044 posts
8,585 battles

I believe that DDs are capped at 5 per team, at least at the middle and higher tiers. I don't have any problems with a game where there are ten destroyers, though I might make a comment such as "Ah, I see that there was a DD sale at the DD store." It's good to shake things up occasionally by having more of one unit type or another in a match as it makes for different tactics and strategies needed and a more interesting overall game. Yesterday, we had ten DDs in a match, with CVs on each team too. It was a very interesting match. In fact, it came down to only one ship per team at the end and we won by only two points.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Start the ship Class Wars! Oh wait you did. Captain#1 BB's Suck

Captain#2 No DD's suck

Captain#3 No CA/L's Suck

Captain#4 No CV's Suck

Captains #1#2#3 Yeah your right! CV's Suck

Captian#5 Hey wait I play CV, You all suck because I can't be the only saviour/slug of the game 

And so it goes on and on rehashed redone and retarded. Whats the point?

When the Shp Class wars get boring hey I know lets  Ride the radar to the grave...... See above bold print 

• Cool 1

[KENT]
Members
480 posts
3,039 battles

Mid and high tier DDs are capped at 5 per team, just like BBs.  Not sure about cruisers, but CVs are capped at 2 per team.

[SIM]
Members
2,453 posts
4,090 battles

No, learn to adapt to the challenges before you. I’m a BB main, and I would be pissed if they capped the number of DDs in a match. 

• Cool 1

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
350 posts
9,149 battles
3 minutes ago, Slntreaper said:

Mid and high tier DDs are capped at 5 per team, just like BBs.  Not sure about cruisers, but CVs are capped at 2 per team.

lol BB cap

OHsvQoW.jpg

[HINON]
Members
8,870 posts

Drive the Atlanta and umm . . . profit? Who doesnt like firing a submachine gun? Plus you can farm salty tears with your radar.

G3hTAuo.gif

• Cool 1

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
4 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Drive the Atlanta and umm . . . profit? Who doesnt like firing a submachine gun? Plus you can farm salty tears with your radar.

G3hTAuo.gif

You can also play Akizuki lol.

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
420 posts
5,617 battles
14 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

No, learn to adapt to the challenges before you. I’m a BB main, and I would be pissed if they capped the number of DDs in a match. 

The only 'challenge' that you face from a swarm of torpedoes from a Gearing and a Shimakaze is deciding how fast you want to be sent back to the port screen.

• Cool 1

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,806 posts
18,775 battles
41 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Seriously, the game has been incredibly unfun to play as of late with all the destroyers in matches thanks to the Pan-Asian missions. Average in a game I've run into off the top of my head is five destroyers per team and that's just aggravating.

My ideal would be capping both destroyers and battleships to three per team because torpedo soup is as unfun to deal with as getting deleted by a BB salvo.

Will NEVER happen

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
420 posts
5,617 battles
4 minutes ago, Eric_Von_Hess said:

Will NEVER happen

Yeah it makes too much sense.

• Cool 1

Members
3,415 posts
6,084 battles

Problem is - are there enough BBs to do what you want to be done?  Or will it be a future rant of MM taking too long?!?!?!? I would bet the latter...  I like DDs - most fun games in my BBs have been beating torps.  Been doing cruisers for a bit now and still don't mind the DDs.  Doing French line of cruisers and they are not as good for me hunting DDs - especially if those DDs stay in contact with their BBs.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,951 posts
1,487 battles
2 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Problem is - are there enough BBs to do what you want to be done?  Or will it be a future rant of MM taking too long?!?!?!? I would bet the latter...  I like DDs - most fun games in my BBs have been beating torps.  Been doing cruisers for a bit now and still don't mind the DDs.  Doing French line of cruisers and they are not as good for me hunting DDs - especially if those DDs stay in contact with their BBs.

Any cruiser class struggles if the enemy DD's stik near to their BB's and the enemy BB's are aggressive enough to allow that to be inside a cap circle. This has been a running issues ever since BB's figured out what juicy targets cruisers are.

Members
2,092 posts
8,095 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Drive cruiser. Hunt DDs.

Or a three man Moskva div and get a tier VIII-IX DD/CA heavy game. That also works

Members
2,092 posts
8,095 battles
40 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

The only 'challenge' that you face from a swarm of torpedoes from a Gearing and a Shimakaze is deciding how fast you want to be sent back to the port screen.

GitGud.gif.f9d913d14af974d75e4d0ea18e18a6a4.gif