You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CylonRed

Over 4300 games before I got pink...

13 comments in this topic

Members
3,410 posts
6,072 battles

After playing a lot of tier 9 cruiser and being rather frustrated I switched to tier 4 and pad the WR...  Was doing really well and then noticed I had the pink notice.  Looks like a torp took out a friendly - I don't even remember launching torps.  I need to watch the replay and see when I did...

Oh well - c'est la vie...

Edited by CylonRed

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles

Well, it will wear off after some time I guess.

• Cool 1

Members
3,410 posts
6,072 battles

Looks like 2 torps when a Clemson turned around to follow an enemy DD.  If he went to the other side of the island then all would have been ok.  Tunnel vision on both of our parts...

• Cool 1

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
46 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Looks like 2 torps when a Clemson turned around to follow an enemy DD.  If he went to the other side of the island then all would have been ok.  Tunnel vision on both of our parts...

That's a frequent cause of accidents :p.

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,795 posts
18,689 battles

I'm use to the color PINK today I sank a tier 4 CA with my tier 3 BB for using me as a shield against a tier 4 DD ,  no big deal. Try using me as a shield and that will always be my answer ! ! !

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
10 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

The Pink will get you... sooner... or later... there's no escape....

That is true.

Edited by Silver_kun

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,150 posts
8,766 battles
1 hour ago, CylonRed said:

Plus one for admitting that you need to take the blame.

50 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

The Pink will get you... sooner... or later... there's no escape....

It happens. My last pink event happened when I was too close to a friendly BB and my HE lit him up. For whatever reason he didn't put the fire out and the reflected damage, a first for me, from his tier 7 killed my tier 5. I didn't say anything and neither did he, worked it off and pressed on.

Members
3,410 posts
6,072 battles
1 hour ago, Doombeagle said:

It took you 4300 games? I can only assume you have not been playing hard enough.

I didn't play a lot of DDs and consider myself a BB main though now doing a lot of cruiser work.  I have had a number of pucker moments but they generally worked out - not doing enough damage to trigger the pink.