Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11B4O

Detonation mechanic question?

5 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
1,990 posts
18,359 battles

So yesterday 2 ships were parked next to each other I detonated one but then heard the voice say " You got 2" when I looked at the post battle I didn't hit the second ship with a single shell. His buddy who he was ramming at the time I put shots out  detonated him as well. So question anyone ever done this?

I still have my first born so I didn't do a sacrifice to the RNG God's that I know of. It was pretty crazy just thought I would share.

[HINON]
Members
8,785 posts

So you detonated both ships? Sounds like the explosion radius of a shell managed to hit close enough to the other ship to interact with it's magazine and set it off. It's how DD's can get destroyed modules with near misses. These near misses can also detonate ships especially when their armor is too thin to negate the explosion radius.

• Cool 2

[KP]
Members
1,990 posts
18,359 battles

Yep it's exactly what happened. I was unaware of the possiblity of a sympathetic detonation. Moral of the story if 2 Reds are running into each other put shots out you never know what RNG will give you.

[HINON]
Members
8,785 posts
15 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Yep it's exactly what happened. I was unaware of the possiblity of a sympathetic detonation. Moral of the story if 2 Reds are running into each other put shots out you never know what RNG will give you.

I saw someone post a vid of firing on a ship which does sink it but also getting a doublestrike as an unspotted ship was sailing next to this vessel and a few shells hit and killed it as well.

[KP]
Members
1,990 posts
18,359 battles
Just now, RipNuN2 said:

I saw someone post a vid of firing on a ship which does sink it but also getting a doublestrike as an unspotted ship was sailing next to this vessel and a few shells hit and killed it as well.

Seriously, how friggin lucky. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop on me with my amazing luck from yesterday.

Sign in to follow this