You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
willob

Missouri best, most valuable ship in game

31 comments in this topic

[WTFAW]
Members
63 posts
9,517 battles

Mighty MO has been out for a while, we now have Nelson as a free xp ship. I'm thinking Massachusetts will also be a free xp ship due to Alabama being a premium. 

However so far the credit earning of Missouri is a one off, if that trend continues this ship will be the most valuable in game.

Since getting this ship I have over 100 million sliver, 450,000 free xp and 2 million is ship xp, more than half of that with Missouri. I have used some free xp to buy the next ship, 22,000 silver for a consumable so what, have a crap tier ten game and lose 100,000 oh well.

My Alabama makes good credits, 500 K a game is very do able, but nothing like the Missouri as an average player even I have 1 million plus games. 

Thoughts?

Members
1,788 posts
7,255 battles

Well, yeah...

It's an Iowa (a pretty decent ship) that's just better in several ways. Along with the only tier IX premium economic bonuses in the game. If I didn't hate playing battleships I probably would have a couple hundred battles in her by now.

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,297 battles

oaTl9In.jpg

ktDzdJr.gif

and what if you LOSE IN IT???.......

Ivgou3K.jpg

ktDzdJr.gif

Edited by pmgaudio
  • Cool 2

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,124 posts
5,877 battles

If I’m right next free xp ship will be Musashi as tier 9 so save your free xp to get this beast with it’s 18’ guns :)

Members
2,092 posts
8,068 battles
1 hour ago, willob said:

Mighty MO has been out for a while, we now have Nelson as a free xp ship. I'm thinking Massachusetts will also be a free xp ship due to Alabama being a premium. 

However so far the credit earning of Missouri is a one off, if that trend continues this ship will be the most valuable in game.

Since getting this ship I have over 100 million sliver, 450,000 free xp and 2 million is ship xp, more than half of that with Missouri. I have used some free xp to buy the next ship, 22,000 silver for a consumable so what, have a crap tier ten game and lose 100,000 oh well.

My Alabama makes good credits, 500 K a game is very do able, but nothing like the Missouri as an average player even I have 1 million plus games. 

Thoughts?

Missouri is just an Iowa clone that premium. The only reason to get her is either A.) You're always low on credits or B.) her historical significance/collection purposes. I myself will honestly never get Missouri, and since you have 100 mil credits I'd recommend spending the free XP to upgrade stock ships and such.

[YORHA]
Members
3,243 posts

Cost of Missouri: 750,000 Free XP

The joy of pulling up next to a smoked up Minotaur, swinging your guns around and lighting off the radar: Priceless

Edited by JCC45
  • Cool 5

[SALTY]
[SALTY]
Members
258 posts
4,622 battles

Credits still good on a loss (ignore my old ign)

T80rMFX.jpg

Members
504 posts
2,827 battles
32 minutes ago, FireAndHEspam said:

Missouri is just an Iowa clone that premium. The only reason to get her is either A.) You're always low on credits or B.) her historical significance/collection purposes. I myself will honestly never get Missouri, and since you have 100 mil credits I'd recommend spending the free XP to upgrade stock ships and such.

Its an Iowa with better armor, slightly better mid range AA, and radar, the latter of which drastically changes how the ship can be played so no, its not just a "clone".

Edited by ksix
  • Cool 1

Members
2,092 posts
8,068 battles
1 hour ago, ksix said:

Its an Iowa with better armor, slightly better mid range AA, and radar, the latter of which drastically changes how the ship can be played so no, its not just a "clone".

They're sister ships and have very similar traits. The Radar is bleh in most cases and for the most part they play more or less the same. They have different capabilies, yes, but they aren't really played any differently

Members
1,201 posts
8,185 battles

As mainly a DD player, I do not consider Missouri's radar "bleh."  Ship that can park itself within radar range of a cap and not just be forced away or killed quickly like a CA is a massive strategic tool.

• Cool 3

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,789 posts
7 minutes ago, FireAndHEspam said:

They're sister ships and have very similar traits. The Radar is bleh in most cases and for the most part they play more or less the same. They have different capabilies, yes, but they aren't really played any differently

If you're not playing Missouri specifically to exploit the radar you're doing it wrong.

• Cool 1

[WTFAW]
Members
63 posts
9,517 battles

I personally think the value is the amount of money it makes and if they never make another ship that makes as much then its priceless. As a ship its not that much different than Iowa, and radar on a BB is a big deal, I can't tell you how many DDs I've killed, even more when team mates kill them. Charging smoke after the DD launched torps with radar is freaking awesome.

• Cool 1

Members
2,092 posts
8,068 battles
13 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

If you're not playing Missouri specifically to exploit the radar you're doing it wrong.

Considering I don't have Missouri and never will that wont be a problem 

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
13 minutes ago, willob said:

I personally think the value is the amount of money it makes and if they never make another ship that makes as much then its priceless. 

Yeah, but I think Mushashi might be a free XP ship too and if it has similar credit earning capabilities then some people might opt for Mushashi.

[SPUDS]
Members
147 posts
6,890 battles
32 minutes ago, FireAndHEspam said:

Lul, I'm saving for Musashi, wg just need to release it faster. Also, almost up to 5,555 battles ehh?

[YORHA]
Members
3,243 posts
2 hours ago, FireAndHEspam said:

1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

1 hour ago, FireAndHEspam said:

Or an Iowa...

tumblr_mzucauvoa11ru72puo1_r1_400.gif

• Cool 1

Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles
4 hours ago, FireAndHEspam said:

I could care less about credits and historical significance.  For all I care this could be paper ship with some random name that makes same credits as any other tier 9 ship with permanent camo.  This ship is an absolute BLAST to play.  It has fantastic guns, reliable armor scheme, high mobility, and long range radar.  It's my favorite ship to play.  I am not a purple player, but I have 59% WR on it.

Members
878 posts
8,950 battles

Great ship, the folks on the forum talked me into holding out for MO vs. getting Nelson first.  I like having a better Iowa but not needing a captain for her - and a Capt is now free (Seagal) and ready for the Baltimore that I should get with the line split. 

The speed and guns/gun angles are great and having played a lot of DDs the MO is one of the worst to have pushing on you.  Montana is still great, but once you get it your Iowa needs to be replaced by Missouri. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,789 posts
1 hour ago, zuga_01 said:

I am just waiting for some doubloon/xp conversion discount to blow money and get it.

I got tired of waiting.   Fortunately WG gave me most of the doubloons I needed by allowing me to sell back the Kutuzov they gave me for free last Christmas.

[NSEW]
Members
413 posts
7,896 battles
15 hours ago, Vaidency said:

As mainly a DD player, I do not consider Missouri's radar "bleh."  Ship that can park itself within radar range of a cap and not just be forced away or killed quickly like a CA is a massive strategic tool.

This is why I "rush" to caps, when I see the window crack open...I'd stay clear too as a DD in open water.

[SF-3]
Members
1,435 posts
7,882 battles

So T9 premium ship makes a lot of credits :cap_hmm:

What kind of income can you expect when the Stalingrad gets here? :cap_haloween:

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
11 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

So T9 premium ship makes a lot of credits :cap_hmm:

What kind of income can you expect when the Stalingrad gets here? :cap_haloween:

jaJm_f-maxage-0.gif

mrcm.gif

Alpha Tester
937 posts
6,345 battles

This ship is totally worth it if you want to make easy silver and enjoy US Battleships.  Musashi doesn't sound very good in a couple of ways.  I want to get to Yamato but even with CVs being rare the Musashi just sounds bad for a couple of different reasons.