You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LowSpeed_US

Thank you Notser for echoing my observations

84 comments in this topic

[NSEW]
Members
413 posts
7,896 battles

6.14 testing with US Carriers really brought out some frustration with the current state of the game.  Everyone was full AA builds for obvious reasons, I just can't understand why Wargaming doesn't make the game more build diverse.  I also dislike the elitism that has taken hold in the community.  

Notser's views on community

Spoiler

Take note of the text in Bold.

• Cool 1

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles

I see what you did there. Hyperlink usage instead of embed.

I will keep that in mind, might be useful sometime or just for change from repetition.

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,330 battles

OH LOOK this STINKing post again grows in the forums like a WEED....

this will be the new VIRAL thread topic of the forums for weeks now...

iHF6Ae3.gif

Spoiler

if you see what I did there, from the crap last night, Well done attentive observer, well done indeed...

Edited by pmgaudio

[POP]
Beta Testers
289 posts
10,452 battles

I also dislike the elitism that has taken hold in the community.   ,,Well, unfortunately that was bound to happen as soon as CW's kicked in IMHO. Playing tanks from Beta to CW's, it was a progressive thing that just got worse. And with most of the players over there getting onboard here, the mind set transferred with them. As with most games, you are always gonna have the great players. Too bad a small percentage of them have to be such asshats. It's an ingrained human trait. Now I just get amused at their chest thumping antics.

Admittedly when I see a unicorm call others or specifically 1 player a  peasant that riles my alien blood. 

Alpha Tester
937 posts
6,345 battles

Elitism doesn't offend me.  Maybe it is a character flaw but it isn't the worst one.    Passive aggressivism is far worse.

In all honestly I haven't seen a lot of elitism in this game.  Blitz is the most elitist WG game and WoT PC has the worst community by far.  I'm sure there are a lot of boomers who play this game but they are less in your face about it, and there isn,t a skilless class in this game that allows them to interfere with your game.  Hackusations and bad sports who can't take their [edited]whippings are also much more rare here.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,742 posts
7,373 battles

It matters not what the venture is, human nature dictates that there will always be ego-centric elitists. Saying one dislikes that in this game equates to saying one dislikes it in the human race.

I do dislike it it, however, I'm certainly not gonna go die to get away from it, nor will I stop playing a game because of it.

• Cool 3

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,330 battles
6 minutes ago, Th3Diabolik1 said:

It matters not what the venture is, human nature dictates that there will always be ego-centric elitists. Saying one dislikes that in this game equates to saying one dislikes it in the human race.

I do dislike it it, however, I'm certainly not gonna go die to get away from it, nor will I stop playing a game because of it.

Y8HP8s5.gif

[SYN]
Members
4,530 posts
11,433 battles

The only people bothered by "elitism" are those who wish they were of the same standard but aren't.  The rest of us simply DGaF about it, regardless of our perceived skill.  It's just noise.

• Cool 2

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,699 posts
3,459 battles

Guy frustrated that people are mean tells experienced players he disagrees with that they're peices of crap.

This will go over well.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,505 posts
6,666 battles
46 minutes ago, Alien_Observer said:

I also dislike the elitism that has taken hold in the community.   ,,Well, unfortunately that was bound to happen as soon as CW's kicked in IMHO. Playing tanks from Beta to CW's, it was a progressive thing that just got worse. And with most of the players over there getting onboard here, the mind set transferred with them. As with most games, you are always gonna have the great players. Too bad a small percentage of them have to be such asshats. It's an ingrained human trait. Now I just get amused at their chest thumping antics.

Admittedly when I see a unicorm call others or specifically 1 player a  peasant that riles my alien blood. 

I disagree that elitism has taken hold of this community because of CW, many casual players are taking part and enjoy doing so. In fact, I'd argue the opposite, the player community is solidly casual, which means it does not take a lot of effort to shine and seem "unicum" as compared to other games which have not a few thousand online, but hundreds of thousands.

7 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

Guy frustrated that people are mean tells experienced players he disagrees with that they're peices of crap.

This will go over well.

The OP with over 5000 battles would seem, experienced. Are you not confusing "experienced" with "elitist"?

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,699 posts
3,459 battles

Let me sum up how this is really going:

Noster see's it from his perspective, which probably means endless trolling from the Flamu Army because they're idiots who worship him as he laughs at them, and they can't let the spat between them go.

So Notser believe's there's  a lot of "Eliteism" because that's all he sees.

Then we have people who are here to chime in with agreement, attack Unicums, very experienced players, and Clan Wars participants  that play at a very high level. 

These players go into threads and games and make statements that can be refuted as false through data, experience, and knowledge that their ability thoroughly backs up. 

Instead of admitting that they might be wrong, asking questions, believing the evidence in front of them, or simply listening and contemplating they feel that it all amounts to "fake news" because in causes them embarresment to be wrong, but they then continue to embarrass themselves trying to prove a negative and declare themselves the victim of "elitism" because feels > reals.

• Cool 5

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,699 posts
3,459 battles
6 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

I disagree that elitism has taken hold of this community because of CW, many casual players are taking part and enjoy doing so. In fact, I'd argue the opposite, the player community is solidly casual, which means it does not take a lot of effort to shine and seem "unicum" as compared to other games which have not a few thousand online, but hundreds of thousands.

The OP with over 5000 battles would seem, experienced. Are you not confusing "experienced" with "elitist"?

Experience is more than just the number of battles, but what you learn from them. As long as he roadblocks his own progress by refusing advice from better players (as a whole, not just any individual) he'll never be as experienced as a guy with 1,000 battles taking ever learning opportunity to heart.

• Cool 1

[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,660 posts
2,671 battles
2 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

I disagree that elitism has taken hold of this community because of CW, many causal players are taking part and enjoy doing so. In fact, I'd argue the opposite, the player community is solidly casual, which means it does not take a lot of effort to shine and seem "unicum" as compared to other games which have not a few thousand online, but hundreds of thousands.

No Nutty, he was talking about Notser's Youtube video if you clicked the hyperlink. Notser basically just called the community some statements that can't be repeated on the forums without breaking forum rules pretty much.

What's funny is immediately in the comments he finds out why so many experienced players are salty and don't offer much advice anymore. Notser whines for the first 2 minutes about how the "community" hordes knowledge over the new players without teaching it to them as if they were "gods" and that everyone is is mentally handicapped. No, to quote directly from a few of the comments on why.

" Not to be an [edited]but in my experience new players tend to take constructive criticism as an elitist approach or just being an [edited]. "

" Locked Firing no no I agree I’ll just say though there is no such thing as constructive criticism, criticism is criticism perhaps that’s the problem ? "

" I have found this problem also. I was in a tier8/9 match yesterday and got torped by a friendly Ibuki (in my Kagero). I calmly explained that launching torps with friendlies between you and target is a really bad idea because what just did happen, can happen. His response " You werent there when I launched them (i was contesting the cap that he was torping into) so you should have better situational awareness. "

" yup...some players in this game are utterly unable to understand that they did it wrong and that THEY are to blame. i always make sure my torp paths are clear and no one can reach my torps if they tried. this is why i almost never torp allies. if it happens i will apologize. "

" Yesterday I watched a URPeacekeeper vid (How to Akatsuki, I believe) and at the beginning of his random game URPeacekeeper sent "GLHF" out to both teams. Someone on the red team replied "GLHF is for F*[edited]" ...That pretty much sums up what's wrong with a minority of the player base, but they are precisely that: the minority, and only vocal because they are safely anonymous and won't get punched in the face like they did that time back in fifth grade. Most of the players, in my experience, are reasonably friendly, surprisingly patient, and just as frustrated as me when it comes to MM, RNG, and the inability of that one BB to push hard into the cap when we really need him. "

That's just a sample. What's funny is, Noster has an issue with mainly, ONE player. Flamu. Yet he tries to say that Flamu is the community. It's quite a spectacle.

• Cool 1

[ECOM]
Members
494 posts
11,051 battles
4 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

Experience is more than just the number of battles, but what you learn from them. As long as he roadblocks his own progress by refusing advice from better players (as a whole, not just any individual) he'll never be as experienced as a guy with 1,000 battles taking ever learning opportunity to heart.

I missed a spat between notser and flamu? What was it about?

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,505 posts
6,666 battles
9 minutes ago, Azumazi said:

That's just a sample. What's funny is, Noster has an issue with mainly, ONE player. Flamu. Yet he tries to say that Flamu is the community. It's quite a spectacle.

Comedy/Soap Opera potential?

9 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

This is knowledge and skill rather than experience you are talking about. Think about what these words really mean. Experience, knowledge and skills are complimentary, but not interchangeable. Which is why the 5000 average battle guy and the 1000 battle unicum can teach one another. 

[SALT]
3,660 posts
2,671 battles

Pretty much, and I'll admit, Flamu is a [edited] but that's nothing new.

[SALT]
3,660 posts
2,671 battles
4 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

The game desperately needs to separate players according to skill. Do they do that with Clan Wars? I saw there were 4 different leagues.

We would need to honestly achieve around 100k active players during primetime on NA server to have such an MM to be honest.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,505 posts
6,666 battles
20 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

The game desperately needs to separate players according to skill. Do they do that with Clan Wars? I saw there were 4 different leagues.

There are several skill based MM setups in WOWS already, in game. Ranked (individual), Clan (team based) and Supremacy League. Also, skilled players are rewarded in game with faster grinds and better credit earnings, which eases access and playability of tiers 9 and 10.

Skill based matchmaking is all around you, already implemented, open your eyes. 

• Cool 1

Members
660 posts
4,261 battles

The utter lack of skill on display by far too many players with the experience to know better does more to ruin this game on a daily basis than any number of elitist [edited] could ever manage. 

• Cool 3

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

I think notser is burning out on WOWs.  probably need some time off.    but in general,  he is salty about all the MMO type games.    j

[SALT]
3,660 posts
2,671 battles
5 minutes ago, centarina said:

I think notser is burning out on WOWs.  probably need some time off.    but in general,  he is salty about all the MMO type games.    j

That is true actually, didn't he also complain about Armored Warfare and War Thunder recently too?

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,699 posts
3,459 battles

I think I can sum this up better: A lack if humbleness results in toxicity.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,437 posts
25,312 battles
18 hours ago, Alien_Observer said:

I also dislike the elitism that has taken hold in the community.   

Notser is completely wrong. People post here and they get help. The "git gud" losers are few relative to the number of posters who make useful comments and offer to help. 

In most games there is no "elitism". Players, even red players, often get help when they ask for it. Most of the problems relate to people getting salty -- and then stupid, like the Ibuki yesterday who got citadeled early, then yelled at the DDs for not smoking him, then sailed off to J10 and stayed there. Saltiness is not elitism. 

• Cool 2