Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
GL4D2KILLU

Radar/Sonar seen by the Entire Team is unrealistic!

41 comments in this topic

[CVKO]
Members
59 posts
6,354 battles

Why not make the game as realistic as possible? Does an entire fleet get to see one ships Radar.Sonar results? Not in 1945...

Please fix this blatant issue.

Radar/Sonar that illuminates all DD's "even in smoke" to the ENTIRE ENEMY TEAM???

First of all, Radar/Sonar is seen by the ship that is using the radar/sonar, it is "unfair and unrealistic" for the entire fleet to see the same radar/sonar results.

That negates DD's for capping, negates the DD's stealth, negates the DD's KM range, negates smoke screen entirely and basically makes the DD a useless ship when 8 players are shooting at a ship that has the lowest hit Points in the game, and is sunk in the 1st 20-30 seconds if a DD tries to cap or gets too close. When 5 ships have radar sonar, the DD is good for? ... Nothing.

Please address this unrealistic and unfair feature.

Members
9,862 posts

Welcome to the Arcade?  :Smile_teethhappy:

Wake up and smell the coffee. This is an arcade game with a thin veneer of sim...WG does things for game play...not realism......

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 1

[CVKO]
Members
59 posts
6,354 battles

I disagree! WG tries to make the game as realistic as possible, in scale, in detail and in abilities. If the game is created as you say, then I want Lasers, Rail guns and pink poke dotted nuclear torpedoes....

[HINON]
Members
8,796 posts

Actually WG doesnt make this game as realistic as possible. Plenty of things are changed to make for good MMO gameplay with wide appeal. The battles only last 20 minutes when realistically it would take hours or days to complete. etc. etc. What you want is a simulator which this game is not.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,435 battles
5 minutes ago, GL4D2KILLU said:

in scale

The scale between speed, distance, houses and ships are off by about a factor four to five.

5 minutes ago, GL4D2KILLU said:

and in abilities

Like reloading torpedoes, instant put-out-all-fires-and-flooding buttons, magical hitpoint recovery buttons, and - oh - how many hitpoints did the historical Iowa have anyways?

• Cool 1

Members
9,862 posts
9 minutes ago, GL4D2KILLU said:

I disagree! WG tries to make the game as realistic as possible, in scale, in detail and in abilities. If the game is created as you say, then I want Lasers, Rail guns and pink poke dotted nuclear torpedoes....

ARP boats? Special captains with red tracers and fireworks for a Kraken? More coming...:cap_hmm:

And I'm sure you can get all of that and more with mods....

Edited by awiggin

[CVKO]
Members
59 posts
6,354 battles

Then I want Nuclear tipped pink torpedoes that play the theme song of Sponge bob Square pants until detonation of an entire fleet... game over for everyone!!!

Yeaaaaa....

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,435 battles

It seems to me that you'll be much happier playing another game. So just uninsall this one before you invest too much time because this game is not what you're looking for, does not offer what you want and is not going to change just because you employ a weak slippery slope argument.

"There are unrealistic elements so I want nuclear tipped pink torpedoes that play a song" ..... Yeah. Go and whine somewhere else.

• Cool 5

[CVKO]
Members
59 posts
6,354 battles

"Not"! Well Lert...Coming from a primarily CA & BB player you do "not" play DDs often as you captain 19% Dds, your opinion is obviously opposite and skewed, so please keep trolling threads that you do "not" agree with...

Edited by GL4D2KILLU

[CVKO]
Members
59 posts
6,354 battles
2 minutes ago, CombatBoss said:

Ship spots enemy vessel on RADAR; RADIOS the ENTIRE fleet of the contact's position.  Seems legit to me.

Correct! WG needs to make radar/Sonar for the ship that emits the radar/sonar and they can report their position to the rest of the fleet. Not letting the rest of the fleet instantly see where a Dd is from another ships radar.

ty

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
1 minute ago, GL4D2KILLU said:

Correct! WG needs to make radar/Sonar for the ship that emits the radar/sonar and they can report their position to the rest of the fleet. Not letting the rest of the fleet instantly see where a Dd is from another ships radar.

ty

I suppose you already know but, he was criticizing. If you did know then my compliments for switching the argument to your favor. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,705 posts
11,320 battles

Making the game realistic as possible would change the game completely since it's not a simulator, it's an arcade game. Making it realistic would probably ruin the fun all together.  Balance > Realism.

[CVKO]
Members
59 posts
6,354 battles
1 minute ago, Silver_kun said:

I suppose you already know but, he was criticizing. If you did know then my compliments for switching the argument to your favor. 

Ty! Because what he said actually makes my point. the ship that uses the radar should be the only one to "see" the radar/sonar results, then... they can report the position to the rest. That the way it should be.

DD's have the lowest HPs in the game, their only real defense is Stealth, if you take that away the DD is basically useless. Id like to hear from players that predominantly play DD;s or someone who plays a mix, Id rather not be trolled by CA Captains tbh...

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,435 battles
8 minutes ago, GL4D2KILLU said:

"Not"! Well Lert...Coming from a primarily CA & BB player you do "not" play DDs often as you captain 19% Dds, your opinion is obviously opposite and skewed, so please keep trolling threads that you do "not" agree with...

I find it very interesting that you bring up stats (IE, how many DDs I play) and try to use them to invalidate my opinion, yet you hide your own. What are you hiding?

As for what I said, it's very obvious that this game isn't what you want it to be. It's also not going to change, just because you throw a tantrum. Why play it then?

• Cool 1

[CVKO]
Members
59 posts
6,354 battles
1 minute ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Making the game realistic as possible would change the game completely since it's not a simulator, it's an arcade game. Making it realistic would probably ruin the fun all together.  Balance > Realism.

Ok, lets talk Ballance... give the DD;s more hitpoints if they are taking away its only ability...

[CVKO]
Members
59 posts
6,354 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

I find it very interesting that you bring up stats (IE, how many DDs I play) and try to use them to invalidate my opinion, yet you hide your own. What are you hiding?

As for what I said, it's very obvious that this game isn't what you want it to be. It's also not going to change, just because you throw a tantrum. Why play it then?

No one is throwing a tantrum exept "you"... because obviously you like the way it is, thats entirely your opinion, and that's fine, just don't invalidate my opinion by trolling my thread. You obviously made it clear you want me to stop playing the game because I'm giving feedback to WG that doesn't align to Your game play. You have stated your opinion, please leave my thread and do not post anymore flame baits... ty in advance.

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,297 battles
2 minutes ago, GL4D2KILLU said:

No one is throwing a tantrum exept "you"... because obviously you like the way it is, thats entirely your opinion, and that's fine, just don't invalidate my opinion by trolling my thread. You obviously made it clear you want me to stop playing the game because I'm giving feedback to WG that doesn't align to Your game play. You have stated your opinion, please leave my thread and do not post anymore flame baits... ty in advance.

xy1UFww.gif

Edited by pmgaudio

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,705 posts
11,320 battles
Just now, GL4D2KILLU said:

Ok, lets talk Ballance... give the DD;s more hitpoints if they are taking away its only ability...

Why do they need more hit points? What ability is being taken away?  Radar is meant to be a counter to DDs, the durations of radar is short lived (mostly) and the power of radar can be almost entirely mitigated by a smart DD play. My only complaint about radar is that is can see through mountains, but that's how it is so I will get over it.  Just learn what ships have radar and what the ranges/durations are. 

Sounds like the problem is you can't adapt to a changing battlefield.

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,297 battles
7 minutes ago, Lert said:

zVVAQEZ.gif

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,297 battles
7 minutes ago, GL4D2KILLU said:

Taking away what ability???

KjLpFBt.jpg

I dont have any problems in DDs when I play lately;... matter of fact I am doing a little better in them NOW than before radar was even in the game...

You should try your trolling in another forum with another game.... no one else is going to agree with you here at all IMHO and you are wasting valuable time doing this when you could be downloading warthunder.....

[CVKO]
Members
59 posts
6,354 battles

Good God, this place is full of trolls....

I give my "and my clans opinion", because you don't like what "we" have to say you troll me and flame bait me?

GJ!!!!

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,435 battles
16 minutes ago, GL4D2KILLU said:

And avoiding answering my questions yet again. Classic denial.

Re-read your OP, please. Here, I'll quote it for you so you don't have to scroll up ....

1 hour ago, GL4D2KILLU said:

Why not make the game as realistic as possible? Does an entire fleet get to see one ships Radar.Sonar results? Not in 1945...

Please fix this blatant issue.

Radar/Sonar that illuminates all DD's "even in smoke" to the ENTIRE ENEMY TEAM???

First of all, Radar/Sonar is seen by the ship that is using the radar/sonar, it is "unfair and unrealistic" for the entire fleet to see the same radar/sonar results.

That negates DD's for capping, negates the DD's stealth, negates the DD's KM range, negates smoke screen entirely and basically makes the DD a useless ship when 8 players are shooting at a ship that has the lowest hit Points in the game, and is sunk in the 1st 20-30 seconds if a DD tries to cap or gets too close. When 5 ships have radar sonar, the DD is good for? ... Nothing.

Please address this unrealistic and unfair feature.

'unrealistic and unfair' ... 'to the ENTIRE ENEMY TEAM???' ... 'blatant issue' ... bringing realism into it ...

And then this:

1 hour ago, GL4D2KILLU said:

Blatant falsehoods. WG is not trying to make the game as realistic as possible, and scale and abilities are the most blatantly unrealistic things in this game. Plus, the underlined part specifically, is the very common slippery slope logical fallacy. Look it up. You even do it again very soon thereafter ....

49 minutes ago, GL4D2KILLU said:

Then I want Nuclear tipped pink torpedoes that play the theme song of Sponge bob Square pants until detonation of an entire fleet... game over for everyone!!!

Yeaaaaa....

More slippery slope. And you know damn well that your argument flawed, yet you're toting it like it actually means something. You even word-by-word admit that if that was implemented it would be 'game over for everyone'(exclamation point spam).

And then this:

31 minutes ago, GL4D2KILLU said:

1) Why bring in my stats and what I play, while hiding your own stats? That's just hypocritical.

2) What does it matter that I've played just under one fifth of my games in destroyers? That's still over 1700 games.

But the worst and single most hypocritical thing in this entire thread is this:

16 minutes ago, GL4D2KILLU said:

You have stated your opinion, please leave my thread and do not post anymore flame baits... ty in advance.

So you're free to spam your proven flawed logic and hypocritical opinions here, but when I want to post a reply that you don't agree with, I should just stop posting? Are you that afraid of other people's opinions? If so, why post yours on an open forum?

You're nothing but a whiny hypocrite throwing a tantrum, unable to take criticism.

<Edit>

The thing is, your original point is 100% correct. It is unrealistic. It is one of many things in this game which are unrealistic, like radar seeing through islands, magical fix-flooding-now buttons, ships with hitpoints. Magical my-engine-will-automagically-fix-itself-in-10-seconds countdowns, ship speeds / scales, smoke timers, floatplanes that recover straight onto the catapult while the ship is at full speed, catapult planes with 2 minutes worth of fuel, aircraft carriers that don't need to go full speed into the wind to launch, etc etc - yet none of these things were enough to suggest to you that EXACT REALISM ISN'T WHAT WG IS GOING FOR, THIS IS A PURELY ARCADE GAME.

<Edit2> As for my 'go play something else', I mean it. If you're unhappy playing this, go play something that does make you happy. That's not me being an a-hole, that's me wishing you honest enjoyment and happiness in your gaming. But you take it as an insult.

• Cool 3

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,225 posts
3,082 battles
22 minutes ago, GL4D2KILLU said:

Ty! Because what he said actually makes my point. the ship that uses the radar should be the only one to "see" the radar/sonar results, then... they can report the position to the rest. That the way it should be.

DD's have the lowest HPs in the game, their only real defense is Stealth, if you take that away the DD is basically useless. Id like to hear from players that predominantly play DD;s or someone who plays a mix, Id rather not be trolled by CA Captains tbh...

That is how it works. When a ship activates radar, it spots the DD. Then, the rest of the team can also see it, because the position was reported. It's like that with spotting too—when one ship spots another, everyone can see it, even if that ship is in smoke. The only exceptions are if those ships are out of render range, in which case their position is simply represented on the minimap. 

Take, for example, cyclones. In a cyclone, a ship with radar active will spot any enemy ship within it's range. Say you're in a Moskva. You will spot an enemy ship out to 12km, and be able to see it, even if it's outside the 8km cyclone render range. However, none of your teammates will be able to see it, since they are outside said render range. Unless they have radar as well, they won't be able to shoot the ship you've spotted. 

So, in short, radar already works the way you want it to. The issue is rather the spotting mechanics, since once a ship is spotted, the entire team can see it as long as it's in render range. The fact that radar spots a ship for more than one ship is not the result of radar itself, but the aforementioned spotting mechanics. 

If you want it change, an overhaul on how the entire game's spotting works is needed.

Needless to say, it ain't happening any time soon.   

Edited by RivertheRoyal
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this