You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Pulicat

Play solo Pulicat, or you're bad.

43 comments in this topic

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles

Amazing game.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,212 battles

Ugh I'm 100% certain that if I watch that game, the good feelings I have from some of my recent best matches will transform instantly into feelings of sadness at my own inadequacy.

[PNP]
Beta Testers
886 posts
17,238 battles

congrats, great game, wow, and I pat myself on the back when I break 200k ha ha

[WOLF4]
Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles
43 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

Nice, but I never needed the proof. 

We used to hear the same argument in WoT: "These guys all platoon. If they didn't platoon they'd suck". What nonsense. You don't get consistent purple results in a division from three yellow, or even green players. 

• Cool 1

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles
18 minutes ago, Captain_Dorja said:

Ugh I'm 100% certain that if I watch that game, the good feelings I have from some of my recent best matches will transform instantly into feelings of sadness at my own inadequacy.

Or they'll inspire you to greatness.

• Cool 2

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles
9 minutes ago, DingBat said:

We used to hear the same argument in WoT: "These guys all platoon. If they didn't platoon they'd suck". What nonsense. You don't get consistent purple results in a division from three yellow, or even green players. 

Oh, I know, this is for the @Elegant_Winter 's of the world.

It's basically the reaction I got to my other 342k hinden game.

Edited by Pulicat
  • Cool 2

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,748 posts
9,466 battles
34 minutes ago, DingBat said:

Nice red herring. The argument has always been that people deliberately play together in strong ships to boost their winrate, and potentially other stats, which is true. Anyone forget the days of Midway/Yammy/Yammy divisions with 90% winrates?

• Cool 2

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles
Just now, HazardDrake said:

Nice red herring. The argument has always been that people deliberately play together in strong ships to boost their winrate, and potentially other stats, which is true. Anyone forget the days of Midway/Yammy/Yammy divisions with 90% winrates?

playing with too many good players on one side (divisioning) is actually bad for anything but winrate and probably survivability %.

• Cool 1

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

nice match pulicat.   when I play in division with my clan mate, I do gain about 10% in WR   and 200+  in WTR, not to mention bit more consistent result allowing you to be more aggressive.    the biggest gain is not having those derpy match.   DD play becomes much more consistent in div as well.         you still need to be a good player to get good result though.    3 spud in a div  doesn't help.        

[WOLF4]
Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles
14 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

In order for divisioning to be a consistent method of boosting your win rate, you have to be good in the first place. 

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
748 posts
7,892 battles

You practically begged to be shot at in the open to start the match and exactly ONE incoming salvo while doing it? wth. I played Hindy on the same map yesterday and the first time I got detected, in almost exactly the same spot you started firing, I became target number 1 for over half the enemy. You didn't have anything else incoming till almost 5 minutes in, when you engaged the Zao.

The red Iowa damage conned one fire and you immediately got another on him.

Caught in a cyclone, at under 8km, between two BB's, a DD, and the green Zao who seemed intent on torping you himself.. and you lived. Thats gotta be the greatest combination of Skill, Luck, and RNGtrolling I've ever seen in any vid for any game.

[BIAS]
Members
3,047 posts
9,016 battles

Wow, the Yamato on your team did some heavy lifting getting 4 kills and staying alive!!

Spoiler

:Smile_playing:

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
2 hours ago, Pulicat said:

Oh, I know, this is for the @Elegant_Winter 's of the world.

It's basically the reaction I got to my other 342k hinden game.

Uh, unicorn divisions do pad the heck out of win rate. That's what people like me say. Are you going to pretend they don't? I don't get it.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,748 posts
9,466 battles
2 hours ago, Pulicat said:

playing with too many good players on one side (divisioning) is actually bad for anything but winrate and probably survivability %.

Winrate is what most people are after and there are plenty of people who craptalk in-game about people being "bad" who play largely nothing but 2/3-ship divisions. I wasn't intending to apply that statement to you, as you have a decent number of solo games.

1 hour ago, DingBat said:

In order for divisioning to be a consistent method of boosting your win rate, you have to be good in the first place. 

As long as you aren't a complete potato, divisioning does increase your winrate. Yes "no-use-to-us-alive" 43% players will indeed get a lower winrate with divisioning.

Beta Testers
1,166 posts
7,952 battles
3 hours ago, DingBat said:

Might be the difference between solo blue and purple, tho.

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
1,302 posts
681 battles
4 hours ago, Pulicat said:

Indeed.  It's damn hard to pad your stats while competing with your own division/platoon for damage.