You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sabo_1

Some questions about the upcoming Christmas sales

17 comments in this topic

[BLOB]
Members
23 posts
2,278 battles

1. Do you think the Kidd and Harekaze will go on sale for the holidays? Personally I am hoping that the Harekaze will go on sale with the 10 point captain.

2. Will the Kidd remain in the shop or will it be in rotation like other premium ships? I couldn't find any information regarding that. 

3. I'm debating between the Blyskawica or Leningrad with the ongoing sale. I'm looking for a T7 premium destroyer that can knife fight and contest caps. The Blyskawica ultimate bundle comes with enough doubloons to get the sims but i hear the Leningrad is a better overall ship. Captain training doesn't factor in my decision as I have no current interest in grinding up the soviet DD line with my current work schedule but I was wondering if you guys had any advice. 

Thanks again. 

• Cool 1

[TF57]
Members
1,238 posts
3,920 battles

Anything Blyskawica can do, Leningrad can do better.

This.

Blyskawica = more comfy gun arcs, better alpha

Leningrad = better everything else (much better speed, torpedoes). Lower profile and speed makes it more durable as well. Slightly better consistent dpm and shell arcs at range. Better stealth.

Edit: Both are OK at contesting caps - both toast USN easily due to better guns (yes, technically USN better at sub-5km but in practice the better arcs = better effective dpm)

Edited by evilleMonkeigh

Alpha Tester
937 posts
6,345 battles

I got Blyscawika instead of waiting for Leningrad.  If there ever is a line for Polen I have a captain, and I already have a pretty good Soviet captain and I'm going to get Grozovoi.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,223 posts
8,406 battles
2 minutes ago, evilleMonkeigh said:

This.

Blyskawica = more comfy gun arcs, better alpha

Leningrad = better everything else (much better speed, torpedoes). Lower profile and speed makes it more durable as well. Slightly better consistent dpm and shell arcs at range. Better stealth.

And you can use the Lenin as a Russian trainer. Blys currently can't train anything besides a captain for herself.

[TF57]
Members
1,238 posts
3,920 battles

Captain training doesn't factor in my decision

Leningrad is what I'd recommend to a friend. It's torpedoes are more reliable, it's significantly faster. It's a Minsk with 8km torpedoes, and (statistically) the best T7 DD in win rate, damage, survival etc.

Only drawback is the rear gun arcs are a bit meh due to the stupid AA turret which blocks some firing arc.

[FOXEH]
Members
3,321 posts
11,848 battles

I have both and like both immensely. Leningrad hits harder as the gun caliber is quite a bit larger and for that reason, alone, I recommend her. 

In all other ways they are very similar except Leningrad can't kite and shoot like Blyskavica can.

• Cool 1

[BSL]
Members
722 posts
14,327 battles
3 hours ago, Sabo_1 said:

1. Do you think the Kidd and Harekaze will go on sale for the holidays? Personally I am hoping that the Harekaze will go on sale with the 10 point captain.

2. Will the Kidd remain in the shop or will it be in rotation like other premium ships? I couldn't find any information regarding that. 

3. I'm debating between the Blyskawica or Leningrad with the ongoing sale. I'm looking for a T7 premium destroyer that can knife fight and contest caps. The Blyskawica ultimate bundle comes with enough doubloons to get the sims but i hear the Leningrad is a better overall ship. Captain training doesn't factor in my decision as I have no current interest in grinding up the soviet DD line with my current work schedule but I was wondering if you guys had any advice. 

Thanks again. 

Santa crates.....nuff said.

[BLOB]
Members
23 posts
2,278 battles

From what I'm hearing the Leningrad is better. However, my concern is the following. Currently, the Ultimate Blyskawica deal gives a 10 point captain and 10k doubloons. With that, I can also buy the Sims. Is that worse then getting a Leningrad for $21.50 less but w.o the captain and only 3k doubloons? I wouldn't get the Sims and my highest Soviet captain only has 6 points. 

Beta Testers
705 posts
3,617 battles

Unless it's just me, the Harekaze With a 10 point captain is still in the premium show as a special offer with no end time. So unless it's pulled it should still be there.

[BLOB]
Members
23 posts
2,278 battles

The Harekaze is on sale till September 2018. I just want that 10 point captain; because reasons. It's currently being offered as a 6 point captain.

Edited: Word Choice

Edited by Sabo_1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,841 battles
5 hours ago, Wolcott said:

Anything Blyskawica can do, Leningrad can do better.

Without wanting to get into a 5 post argument, I disagree with this statement; I like Blys better than Leningrad.

4 hours ago, Khafni said:

In all other ways they are very similar except Leningrad can't kite and shoot like Blyskavica can.

And ... I rest my case. (There are more examples, this one just jumped up first.)

5 hours ago, pikohan said:

And you can use the Lenin as a Russian trainer.

THIS is what makes Leningrad more popular; there are no Polish Captains to train up.

[FSA]
Beta Testers
155 posts
5,023 battles

I'm curious with the controversy regarding gambling boxes in games, whether they will offer the cargo containers with rare ships in them this Christmas.

[OPG]
Members
3,892 posts
5,479 battles
4 hours ago, BearlyHereBear said:

Santa crates.....nuff said.

Then again with all the controversy surrounding loot boxes and gambling right now, I wouldn't be surprised if the Santa crates don't come back again.

[ARRSE]
Members
29 posts
1,018 battles
16 minutes ago, Kraayt said:

I'm curious with the controversy regarding gambling boxes in games, whether they will offer the cargo containers with rare ships in them this Christmas.

I'm not sure that WG boxes count as "gambling" under the current controversy, because they are advertised up front as containing a specified minimum value content (doubloons, premium time) - so you are paying for a known quantity. The premium ships and large packages of special flags - if you receive them - are additional "bonuses".

I bought about 30 Christmas boxes last time around, and received just about every premium ship in the game. I certainly wouldn't be complaining about "gambling"!

[BLOB]
Members
23 posts
2,278 battles

Another thing that worries me is that most dd's really need a 10 point captain or above at higher tiers. If I grab the Leningrad, i only have a 6 point captain and 3k doubloons to try to get it to 10. The blyskawica bundle has a 10 point captain included. Is 3k doubloons enough to rank up a 6 point into a 10 or hopefully 12 (for em)? 

On an unrelated note, I hope they release Santa crates this year. I didn't play last year and I have saved Flamu's Christmas crate rant on YouTube to increase my success. :cap_haloween: