You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Justice_Time

What Am I Allowed To Talk About?

33 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
11 posts
944 battles

A lot of the threads I post in are frequently locked and/or deleted. People insult me constantly on the WG forums. Despite being against the rules this is clearly permissible by the moderators. So I guess I can do that.

Talking about it is against the rules though? I... don't understand. Why is it okay to insult people, but not okay to talk about it being a forum problem? I really don't understand the rules at all.

I need a list of things I'm allowed to talk about. Because, I have no idea at this point. The posted rules are selectively enforced, so I have no idea what is allowed and what isn't. No idea at all.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,870 posts
13,378 battles

PM a forum moderator after ensuring you have read and understood all the rules.

[77ARC]
Beta Testers
189 posts

Is this your troll account?  6 posts in 5 years is stretching it.  Not being so negative about the other players and blaming them for your inability to progress might be a factor.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,226 posts
4,521 battles
1 hour ago, Justice_Time said:

A lot of the threads I post in are frequently locked and/or deleted. People insult me constantly on the WG forums. Despite being against the rules this is clearly permissible by the moderators. So I guess I can do that.

Talking about it is against the rules though? I... don't understand. Why is it okay to insult people, but not okay to talk about it being a forum problem? I really don't understand the rules at all.

I need a list of things I'm allowed to talk about. Because, I have no idea at this point. The posted rules are selectively enforced, so I have no idea what is allowed and what isn't. No idea at all.

Simple anything that points out the flaws of the elites of any society will be silenced by said elites. That my friend is sadly a rule of life, not of the forum.

[FOXEH]
Members
3,321 posts
11,848 battles

Because you are nice enough to ask, +1 to get your red back to green.

As far as rules go, I don't know of them. Try decency? Saying something negative can be okay if done decently.

Edited by Khafni

[YAN]
Members
1,636 posts
7,464 battles
1 hour ago, Pulicat said:

It's called common sense. 

Which is possibly the most ironic name in history, because it ain't at all common.

Beta Testers
11 posts
944 battles
4 hours ago, Camo68 said:

PM a forum moderator after ensuring you have read and understood all the rules.

Last time I PM'd a mod they never responded. I have read all the rules. I don't understand them. I've made many posts/threads that were locked/deleted. For most I was given no explanation whatsoever.

The last thread in which I posted was deleted. The only info I was given was, "This is a sensitive topic". That's it. Nothing else. Why is talking about trolling/toxicity on the forums forbidden? It's not in the rules anywhere.

3 hours ago, Pulicat said:

It's called common sense. 

The rules didn't forbid anything I did, and my post was deleted. Please explain this "common sense".

3 hours ago, GreyFox78659 said:

Simple anything that points out the flaws of the elites of any society will be silenced by said elites. That my friend is sadly a rule of life, not of the forum.

But we are talking about the forum. Even so, there are rules. If the mods aren't following the rules I have no reason to follow those rules. As they don't really exist. They delete posts that don't break the rules, but allow 100s that break the rules. This makes no sense.

2 hours ago, Khafni said:

Because you are nice enough to ask, +1 to get your red back to green.

As far as rules go, I don't know of them. Try decency? Saying something negative can be okay if done decently.

My last post wasn't impolite. No "naughty" words. I wasn't mean to anyone. I simply stated a number of facts, and it was deleted.

2 hours ago, Lionel92 said:

And your name is Justice_time hahaha

Please carry me :’)

Can't. Have you seen my stats? I can't even carry myself out of "below-average" range. (Mainly because I get horrible teams  99% of the time. They'll group to one side and allow the enemy to take all the points. We lose super-fast, and there's nothing I can do to stop it. No one listens to me at all.)

• Cool 1

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,308 battles

I am going to go ahead and tell STI_____ED to stop trolling about the topic that was locked/deleted last night because he is BUTHURT over it... TOXICITY gave it away...
IF you know the rules BTW, WHY DO YOU KEEP APPEARING TO BREAK THEM?>???

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,308 battles
4 hours ago, Dadrox said:

Is this your troll account?  6 posts in 5 years is stretching it.  Not being so negative about the other players and blaming them for your inability to progress might be a factor.

yes it is, I believe   100% this is someone from last night whos topic was tossed away cause of toxic snowflake issues...
I am sure when mods see rules being broken they take care of it.. from reports, to people posting nonsense to threads started by non constructive flaming trolls...
there are several people who seem to not get the huge bans they deserve for trolling many people,,, one in particular I can think of does not much but 98% troll threads... and is still around...
There are a few we do not see anymore, and we dare not name them... but all in all this forum gets a little worse every few days... WOT is still the worst... but we are catching up

Edited by pmgaudio
  • Cool 1

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles
21 minutes ago, Justice_Time said:

The rules didn't forbid anything I did, and my post was deleted. Please explain this "common sense".

Most rules are not made entirely clear so the reasoning can be broad to relate you. While you may not break something to the letter of the rule, you were close enough and that's that.

Beta Testers
11 posts
944 battles
1 minute ago, Pulicat said:

Most rules are not made entirely clear so the reasoning can be broad to relate you. While you may not break something to the letter of the rule, you were close enough and that's that.

That's not "common sense", that's "abuse of power".

5 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

BTW OP...

Go away troll. Blocking and ignoring you. (And anyone that quotes you in one of my threads.) If you can't at least pretend to talk to me like an adult, I don't care for anything you say.

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles
Just now, Justice_Time said:

That's not "common sense", that's "abuse of power".

No, its actually just keeping people in line. If you don't like it, don't comment. Posting on a forum isn't a right, it's a privilege.

Beta Testers
11 posts
944 battles
1 minute ago, Pulicat said:

No, its actually just keeping people in line. If you don't like it, don't comment. Posting on a forum isn't a right, it's a privilege.

You drink the Koolaide, or you are another dirtbag troll. No sense talking to you anymore. Goodbye forever.

• Cool 1

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles
Just now, Justice_Time said:

You drink the Koolaide, or you are another dirtbag troll. No sense talking to you anymore. Goodbye forever.

I can see why you're time here will be short.

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,473 posts
4,055 battles
5 hours ago, Justice_Time said:

If people insult you on the forums, politely ask them to stop. If they don't stop, either ignore their posts or report them. You might get better moderator responses to a reported post during work hours on weekdays. 

I'm going to quote a forum rule that applies:

2.5 Off Topic, spamming and trolling: Off topic posting in an attempt to derail valid posts, or creating topics/threads for the purpose of causing unrest are not allowed.

• Creating threads for purpose of reporting or discussing in game violations. Such incidences are to be directed to support.

Insulting someone is a violation of the rules, and talking about it publicly on the forums is also a violation of the rules. If you think someone isn't being moderated for their poor behaviour, don't make a thread about it. Contact a staff member privately on the forums, or send a ticket to Support with proof of the rule violation.

Let us know if you're unsure about anything else.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
11 posts
944 battles
Just now, Panbun said:

If people insult you on the forums, politely ask them to stop.

(lol!) No, seriously... Has that ever worked for you? Never worked for me. The last time I tried the problem people just trolled/insulted even harder.

2 minutes ago, Panbun said:

If they don't stop, either ignore their posts or report them.

WG ignores/dismisses my reports. Believe me, I've filed 100s. As far as I know they have never taken any action against anyone I've reported.

4 minutes ago, Panbun said:

Insulting someone is a violation of the rules, and talking about it publicly on the forums is also a violation of the rules.

Nope.

4 minutes ago, Panbun said:

Creating threads for purpose of reporting or discussing in game violations. Such incidences are to be directed to support.

That isn't what I'm doing Ms. Backseat Moderator. As I said, I'm very familiar with the rules. I am not attempting to report or discuss violations of the rules.

I am trying to get a clear and concise picture of what is allowed, and what isn't. This is not defined in the rules. Moderator actions are clearly not following the rules. Thus I require more information if I am to avoid violating the rules.

nb4 lock.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,841 battles
6 hours ago, Justice_Time said:

A lot of the threads I post in are frequently locked and/or deleted.

Its because all your threads are all about you, what you have suffered, what you have endured. Good Lord, dude, get down off the cross, someone needs the wood! When your posts start being about something other than "me me me me me me me me me" then someone might take them seriously. 

• Cool 2

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,473 posts
4,055 battles

Sorry about that. I must have misunderstood something in your original post.

Trolls only do what they do to get a rise out of you. If you block/ignore them, then their actions should have no impact on you.

I quoted the rule and interpreted it in my own way because that's what the moderators should be enforcing. If you think moderators are abusing their power, or if they're too lax, it's still a bad idea to create a thread about it on the forums. I'm thinking I should just list some things that you can and can't talk about on the forums:

Talk about:

• funny/memorable in-game experiences
  • tips and tricks on how to play with a ship/class
  • new content that you'd like to see
  • features or mechanics that you're unsure about
  • likes and dislikes about the game, and some possible fixes to those dislikes
  • naval design and history

Don't talk about:

• religious or political topics
  • moderator actions
  • something a player did (in-game or on the forums) that violated the rules
  • topics that resulted in your posts getting locked/deleted

[POP]
Members
1,224 posts
8,030 battles
2 hours ago, Justice_Time said:

Here's a hint. Reread what you posted here... 

Members
3,553 posts
6,867 battles
1 hour ago, Justice_Time said:

WG ignores/dismisses my reports. Believe me, I've filed 100s.

lol

Which is likely why they... oh nm. post hoc ergo propter hoc ('this follows that')

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

dunno about the rest of you but I have found the forum moderation here to be some of the best i've encountered.... i moderated a LI group of 20K folks... if you've never moderated, you just can't understand what it is like to moderate. I think they do a great job here.

Rules are wide open for detail interpretation by moderators. The rules are not only there to stop you when you cross the line into territory you're not allowed to enter. Moderators have seen hundreds if not thousands of posts that end up badly, clear violations. So you aren't the newest turnip in the patch. They know when to pull you, to lock the thread.

In other words, you aren't the first to go that way. Once you understand there are rules with consequences, you follow them. It's called society.