You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Helstrem

Mikasa is in 10th place in the last two weeks

29 comments in this topic

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,142 posts
1,648 battles

Well, I guess we can forget any Mikasa buffs.  Per Warships.Today Mikasa holds the #10 spot for best ships in the last two weeks.

https://na.warships.today/

I have just one question.  How?

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
1 minute ago, Helstrem said:

Well, I guess we can forget any Mikasa buffs.  Per Warships.Today Mikasa holds the #10 spot for best ships in the last two weeks.

bMogHUs.gif

• Cool 2

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,979 posts
9,855 battles
10 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

bMogHUs.gif

Yep the magic of people not knowing how to fight her .  In other words they do not know to stay at least 4 Km away from her .

• Cool 1

[SONUM]
Beta Testers
566 posts
3,796 battles
5 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Ok... Mikasa has not been re-released in a long long time.  Most people who do have her probably have a dedicated captain with appropriate skills, a good set of flags and know how to maximize the ship during the match.

If you're just going by statistics on the ships you're going to miss part of the picture.  Another game balanced Japanese WW2 prop planes against post-WW2 jets trying to turnfight.  They increased the repair cost of the Japanese planes which increased the Japanese winrate by eliminating the weaker players and caused a feedback loop.

What you're seeing on the Mikasa is not the strength of a ship which dominates Tier 2.  It is a select number of obsessive players inflating the stats who could dominate much easier in any other Tier 2 ship and are going up against the least experienced players on the server (Steam newbies).

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,213 battles
25 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

bMogHUs.gif

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,220 posts
8,396 battles

It's a really good ship, you just don't know it yet :Smile_hiding:

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

She's the most OP battleship at T2 that's why.

• Cool 4

[SYN]
Members
4,525 posts
11,433 battles
1 minute ago, Doomlock said:

She's the most OP battleship at T2 that's why.

Quite overwhelmingly overpowered as Tier 2 BBs go.  So much in fact that you don't even notice any other Tier 2 BB.  Like, ever.

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,142 posts
1,648 battles
59 minutes ago, pikohan said:

It's a really good ship, you just don't know it yet :Smile_hiding:

I have a 71% win rate in Mikasa.....  :Smile-_tongue:  Only 7 PvP games in it though, so that win rate is statistically useless.

My OP was a joke.  That said, I am surprised to see it there.

[POP]
Members
1,153 posts
14,731 battles
Just now, Helstrem said:

I have a 71% win rate in Mikasa.....  :Smile-_tongue:  Only 7 PvP games in it though, so that win rate is statistically useless.

My OP was a joke.  That said, I am surprised to see it there.

Ill take her out in tier 10 match any day  ( drunk of course but ill do it :Smile_teethhappy: )

[HEROS]
Members
1,394 posts
11,810 battles

How.. well, first off Mikasa is rarely going to see tier IV matches.. and by rare I mean.. "what the *Bleep* is that?" rare..

She's a premium.  So you can always borrow your best commander for it.  Great place to train up Yamato commanders without going broke doing it!   Her main guns stink..(though when they do hit.. they do leave a mark!) but her secondaries are utterly murderous and very fast firing.. and for as slow as she is she's amazingly nimble.   and remember at tier II she's the ONLY  BB at the tier...  And I have no idea why we don't have any Russian tier II BB's ..or any other tier II BB's.. there a whole lot of pre-dreadnought ships that could be made and added at tier II, and more for tiers III and IV which are purely WW-I era and before 1920.

[HAG]
Beta Testers
317 posts
4,070 battles

I love my Mikasa it is the ship I take when I need to laugh for some reason playing this ship reminds me of using the H.M.S TOG in WoT it is just fun and a more then a little silly

[HINON]
Members
8,804 posts
6 hours ago, WhimsicalPacifist said:

going up against the least experienced players on the server (Steam newbies).

Most steam newbies won't see the experienced players at t2 or t3 due to the new extended protected mm.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,950 posts
1,487 battles

Be careful of reading too much into it.

As an example Stuntman did a sea trials video recently in the Huang He and he averaged a 50% win rate i her, seems like a balanced ship right? Nope. His T6 cruiser average win rate is 58% and change. That makes him only managing a 50% win rate in her a significant underperformance.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,815 battles
25 minutes ago, Carl said:

Be careful of reading too much into it.

This guy gets it.

• Cool 1

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Benevolent_Fair said:

lol, that list. Mikasa>Belfast, Kamikaze R, and Fujin. Working as intended :fish_cute_2:

Indeed lol.:Smile_teethhappy:

Members
2,274 posts
7,311 battles
7 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

We need more pre dreads at Tier 2 in the game.

This :Smile_great:

We also need the HMS Dreadnought!! 

• Cool 2

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,142 posts
1,648 battles
4 hours ago, Captain_Benevolent_Fair said:

lol, that list. Mikasa>Belfast, Kamikaze R, and Fujin. Working as intended :fish_cute_2:

This was the point of my post.  Even the “How?” Was meant to be taken as a joke.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,769 posts
12,878 battles

Mikasa is an enigma.  Those popcorn main batteries that shoot sideways (not broadside...but literally sideways out of the barrel) will...on occasion...actually hit what you're shooting at.  And they actually have pretty good punch when they do hit.  And those glorious secondaries.  They just go off like there's no tomorrow.

As others have noted, Mikasa really is a POS in the WOWS universe.  But she is a beautiful POS and offers a nice vacation from the other tiers.  

The reason Mikasa does so well is because mostly veteran players run her, and she plays in the T2 pond.   A POS in the hands of someone who knows what he/she is doing can be very effective at T2.   Veterans can put a 19 point captain on her, and a flag or two, and premium consumables.  Oh, and Veterans know what to pick for the one module upgrade  (Hint...probably the ONLY time you'll ever pick this module for a BB!).  The veteran experience in general, coupled to all the little benefits from flags, consumables, and modules, and the Mikasa can do quite well.  My 61 games in Mikasa:

mikasa.thumb.jpg.fec93bb66bbdde005ac794e6e8c459e4.jpg

The best counter is another "seal clubbing" veteran running any other ship.  Mikasa is easily countered by anyone who knows what they are doing.  As most non-veteran T2 players don't know what they are doing, Mikasa fairs well in that environment...unless there are other veterans playing in the pond.