You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Finnkax

Pan Asian flooding mission is impossible

42 comments in this topic

[PIZZA]
Members
713 posts
7,940 battles

Flooding ? How? They go right in to a bottom. One mission , 11 torp hits, 1st place, No flooding

Please dear targets - do not capture all my torps. 

[NDA]
Supertester
4,795 posts
13,629 battles

Its not impossible just really really really Hard. It took me several days of just playing destroyers at all tiers to scrap together enough flooding damage to meet the 50k required. 

Members
1,201 posts
8,185 battles

Getting flood damage is streaky and unreliable.  You just have to play a bunch of games in DD's, launch a lot of torpedoes and hope you end up catching somebody with one 30 seconds after they burn their Damage Control Party.

I ground out the 50,000 flood damage mission in 15 games of DD play, but just 3 of those games accounted for about 40,000 of the total damage.  Streaky.

[H-W-C]
Members
1,259 posts
3,306 battles

Did 50k flooding in one day :Smile_teethhappy:

5a1a33f644ff7_37kfloodingakat(1).thumb.jpg.897afe07e8abc551f265bc98600a8515.jpg5a1a33fb3664c_37kfloodingakat(2).thumb.jpg.fb7eafd42745f9eb03bca9a046835a24.jpg

Turns out my torpedoes hit an Izumo after I went to port

Oddly enough, all my high flooding damage games were when I was uptiered in Akatsuki into tier IX games.

Edited by warpath_33

Members
842 posts

Flooding damage is now only slightly more common than getting a Clear Sky in a non-CV.

Non-trivial flooding depends on one of two things, neither which are in the slightest due to the skill of the player launching the torps:

1. The target being a moron and irresponsibly using their DCP
  2. The target being very unlucky and, despite good DCP usage, is hit during DCP cooldown.

Frankly, the Flooding mechanic needs to be re-thought.  It's virtually irrelevant these days:  virtually all my flooding damage comes from about 1 in 100 hits.  That is, I'll get maybe a few dozen flooding damage on 90% of torp hits (often because half of them died before any flooding could occur),  a few thousand on 9%, and 20k+ on 1%. That's not "streaky", that's bad game design. 

Honestly, the thing to do here is threefold:

1. Lower the overall chance of flooding, particularly if the torpedeo protection belt is hit.  I'd at least HALVE it from what it is now.  IJN torps should cause flooding about 66% of the time when not hitting the torp belt, or 25% when hitting the torp belt. Other torps are less powerful.
  2. If flooding DOES occur, it is NOT fixable by the DCP.   Instead, it causes 0.5% of the max hit points/sec in damage, for an RNG period of time - I'd vote for 10-30 seconds.  That means floods cause 5-15% of your max hit points each.
  3. Flooding should be 100% fixable by Repair Party, in the same way that Fire Damage is.

Right now, Flooding is as significant to the game as Detonations are.

Edited by EAnybody
  • Cool 1

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,134 posts
10,061 battles

took me one match to get 150K torp damage. Took 25 matches to get 50K floods. 

Now I am on part 4. I am considering deleting all my DDs. 

• Cool 2

[-BRS-]
Members
1,613 posts
13,249 battles

Truly I new no problems with the missions

But I guess I am a destroyer Main

Had fun breaking out the akit, and hunting destroyers with it and if I got a lucky torp hit that was just gravy

And The Sims with the low torpedo damage seem to cause a lot more flooding because I couldn't actually kill the Target with a full Savo

Edited by silverdahc

Members
2,223 posts
14,034 battles

You almost need to stagger your torps so they arrive at different times and hopefully the BB has burned their repair already thinking they were in the clear.

Also, you have a slightly better chance at flood damage in the higher tiers as you rarely insta-delete a BB unless they've lost situational awareness. Playing my Kami R & Shinonome I found I was killing ships too quickly.

[POP]
Members
1,229 posts
8,090 battles

I did 23k in my last match in the Kami-R. Perfect storm. I was holding an entire flank by myself. I would launch a pair at the BB, then a pair at a cruiser, then another pair at the BB. About 10 seconds apart. Second pair into the BB got me liquidator and about 20k in flooding. 

Then it was just popping torps out at the cruisers and picking up a few flood points here and there. 

I tried high tiers, but those just don't flood as much. Two torps kill a cruiser and 4 kill a BB. Best to be almost by yourself, spread your fire, and shoot lots of torps. Kami works. If this had allowed T4, I would have it done in two matches in the Isokaze. 

[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,905 battles

Yeah, I am just glad the mission isn't for blue prints or something I really want. Don't care about the rewards, so not even gonna give it a go. Which gives me more time to make credits, that's what I need. GL though.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,700 posts
10,050 battles
4 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

With a Gallant you can send out single torps.  Wish I had bought one...

You can, but Gallant's a bad destroyer and despite the single launch the reload means you don't get many opportunities. I don't recommend it. Especially with 5 dd per side trying to do the same.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,269 posts
1 hour ago, Speedstang said:

I mean, flooding is pretty easy to get as a CV.... 

Just find a full health battleship sitting too far in the back, start fires on it with bombers, then hit it with torps after it uses damage control. Then watch the free damage rack up. Add the two flooding signal flags and you're set. Not sure why everyone is dead set on using a DD for it.

Uhm... mission requires it. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,269 posts
15 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Yeah, I am just glad the mission isn't for blue prints or something I really want. Don't care about the rewards, so not even gonna give it a go. Which gives me more time to make credits, that's what I need. GL though.

I care about 150K plus commander experience... it's worth it if you have dd experience. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,325 posts
14,705 battles
1 hour ago, LancerUlysses said:

took me one match to get 150K torp damage. Took 25 matches to get 50K floods. 

Now I am on part 4. I am considering deleting all my DDs. 

I totally agree.  Finished the missions and appreciating docking the DDs for awhile.  And I normally like my DDs.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,325 posts
14,705 battles

Just find a full health battleship sitting too far in the back, start fires on it with bombers, then hit it with torps after it uses damage control. Then watch the free damage rack up. Add the two flooding signal flags and you're set. Not sure why everyone is dead set on using a DD for it.

because it says you have too?

Members
842 posts

Yup. same boat here.

Just took 3 games to get the 150k damage, and another 20 to get the 50k flooding.  Exactly 2 games got me 44k of that flooding.  Both were mid-tier (T5 in a Minekaze vs 2 BBs, and T6 in a Fubuki vs an Omaha).  Probably hit with close to 100 torps in those games.

Even if the mission didn't require using a DD, it's not that simple in a CV either.  Because, again, people have wised up to the necessary counters for flooding.

Maybe if you're Seal Clubbing in a CV at T4 or T5, but anywhere else, the player base has picked up on the basics now.

And of course, a large portion of the player base doesn't play CVs at all - I'm one of them, as I find playing them uninteresting.

[NOOOB]
Members
1,441 posts
12,100 battles

On the 50K flooding, was able to flood a Yami for 46,000 in one game, but the last 4K took about another 7 games - kept killing targets, did not cause a flooding or they still had their repair - the 4th mission took about 12 games - just the combination - many times did not get one element - low cruiser game (only one or two cruiser in game, not on your side of map), or low DD game - or would get the three 5K damage, but team would not win,,, thought that the mission was challenging 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,269 posts

Well, had a good match to close out the PA missions: 

Spoiler

shot-17_11.26_00_49.32-0418.thumb.jpg.52f14308ede88198d535da667eba9330.jpg

shot-17_11.26_00_52.24-0871.thumb.jpg.59b70298424621b562186c11831df5f1.jpg

shot-17_11.26_00_52.40-0436.thumb.jpg.eecef872055577e76fda2d549dcfeea1.jpg

It was a great team - no bad manners in chat, everyone focused on the game. To turn a phrase, a dog-gone good match. We dd players got a compliment from a team mate.... "Best DD I've seen" or something along those lines. Thanks to the team mate who said that but truly, a really good match takes a good team. 

I am SO glad i'm done with the mission. Phew. 

shot-17.11.26_00.52.19-0060.jpg

[SYN]
Members
4,532 posts
11,434 battles

Only just short of 25k through the 50k flooding mission, with 23k of that coming from a single AFK BB that no one else was close enough to do anything with, thankfully.  The other 2k is from numerous, numerous matches worth of multiple torpedo hits.  I've long since finished the 150k damage part.

Unless I luck out and get myself another full-health AFK BB to flood out, I've resigned myself to not ever finishing this mission.  It's ridiculous.  This mission was either deliberately set up to be as excruciatingly difficult as possible, or just plain not well-thought out.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,048 posts

And once you slog through the Stalingrad of 50K worth of flooding, there is the final task, where you have to win with a top three score, do 5K each to destroyers, cruisers, and battleships, and then cut down the largest tree in the forest with a herring. I had five games where I met all the criteria, but the team managed to whither and die, and lose in the final minute or so. WG can keep the last batch of camo.

Postscript: Completed the final stage without even realizing it while getting that 19th skill point for Z-52.

Edited by Doombeagle
  • Cool 3

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,134 posts
10,061 battles

4th stage, lost within 2 seconds of a time out win, due to death of my accompanying BB. 

I am so sick of this damn mission. Seriously hating the game right now. 

Screenshot (17).png

Edited by LancerUlysses