Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GiN_nTonic

Yamamoto Items

11 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
727 posts
5,836 battles

I tried to search the info on what the Yamamoto items/collectables do for us, and thus far I still don't understand.  I've read https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/a-fine-addition/ but that didn't answer any questions.

Does anyone know (or point me to read the info) on what good the collection items do for us?  I mean, are people really trying to collect those items only to have them in a library on their digital account - and that's it?

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles

The items do nothing. If you complete the collection you get a flag. That's it. As for 'collecting them on purpose' - it's a collection, therefore I want it complete. It's also not like I can opt not to collect them, since they come with my daily containers.

[-I-]
Members
1,719 posts
10,261 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

The items do nothing. If you complete the collection you get a flag. That's it. As for 'collecting them on purpose' - it's a collection, therefore I want it complete. It's also not like I can opt not to collect them, since they come with my daily containers.

You actually could opt out of collecting them if you were so inclined. There's a little "Stop Collecting" toggle in the bottom right corner of the collection. Not quite sure why anyone would though, since collection items don't take up any of your crate item slots.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,323 posts
14,700 battles

Completing each page gives you something different.  You get different color camo for first few, the ability to hang two flags for the last page, and a flag when collection is complete.

Edited by Warped_1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles
10 minutes ago, dngrcnnn said:

You actually could opt out of collecting them if you were so inclined. There's a little "Stop Collecting" toggle in the bottom right corner of the collection.

Right you are. I had actually not noticed that. Good one.

9 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

Completing each page gives you something different.  You get different color camo for first few, the ability to hang two flags for the last page

^ Correct. I'd forgotten about that.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,728 posts
11,353 battles

Crack open earned Containers and complete different sub-collections to get alternate camo and a second flag for different Japanese ship classes. 

That's from the link in your post... clearly you didn't read it very closely lol.

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
31 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

the ability to hang two flags for the last page, 

This one particularly interests me...

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,124 posts
5,877 battles

Using my militairy month flag [+5% xp] and the Pearl Harbor flag on my Yamato with my Yamamoto captain… the irony :’)

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
Just now, Spooooooooooooooooooooon said:

as well as the ability to mount 2 flags at once.

Yeah, that one interests me the most lol.

[PVE]
Members
5,338 posts
17,834 battles
3 hours ago, Spooooooooooooooooooooon said:

You do get some cool Camoflages for Japanese ships along the way, as well as the ability to mount 2 flags at once.

I like being able to fly the two flags, it adds symmetry to the ship. I like that. Might also add on top of all that, you get another flag that flies at the very top of the mast, not the white flag you get for completing the collection, but a different one. Pretty cool. Like I said, the symmetry of it all is what I like most. 

Sign in to follow this