Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
twitch133

The Audio Thread

2 comments in this topic

Members
2,614 posts
3,569 battles

We have a long running "Music thread". Where members share their favorite music to sail and frag to. We also have a "Post your rig" thread, to show off your computer.

I figured I would start off an audio thread. Where we can share the audio setups we use both gaming, and listening to music. 

This is my set up...

Spoiler

uEUFQuM.jpg

It includes:

Audio-Technica ATH-AD700x. These headphones are great for the price. They are very anemic on the low bass, but have great, clear response on mid bass, mids and highs. They also are open backed and display a very large sound stage. They really shine with games like rainbow six, or music that is heavy in the mid to high tones, or featuring female vocals.

Schiit Magni 3 amplifier. Not really needed with the current headphones I have, but they still sound more controlled, just less distortion overall with a real amp driving them. It also introduces a warmer tone. I am intending to add a set higher impedance headphones to the mix later. I might ask for some opinions on which set to buy at the end of this post.

Audio-Technica AT2020 USB Plus. I use this mic for in game and voice chat, I also use the onboard DAC as my primary DAC audio source. It seems to be a fairly decent DAC, but the main reason is due to the delay-less monitor mic. I may add a Schiit Modi 2 DAC to pair with my amp for music only at a later date.

All in all, a somewhat decent audio set up, at least one that sounds really good to my untrained, and work damaged ears.

My wish list:

Schiit Modi 2 DAC, for a higher quality D-A conversion than the AT2020 offers.

A higher end set of headphones that is more balanced for music.  I am thinking one of these:

Beyerdynamic DT-880-PRO-250 or DT-990-PRO

Philips X2's

Sennheiser HD600 or 650's

AKG K701 or K702

I am having a hard time finding a list of reviews to base my purchase off of, as everybody seems to want to include Beats, and I cannot take a list of HiFi headphones seriously if they include beats.  

What I am I doing with all of this? Sitting here, rocking out to the Destiny 2 soundtrack while writing this post.

Feel free to share yours. Is there anybody else on the forums into audio gear? What kind of setups do you all have? Any suggestions on headphones?

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles

It's a nice thread, I would have posted an image if I had a dedicated audio setup, but I just use earphones :p

Edited by Silver_kun

Sign in to follow this