You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sinton

Thanksgiving Specials worked for me!

35 comments in this topic

[LOS]
Members
556 posts
7,576 battles

I bought the United Task Force.

I already had Blyskawica, De Grasse, HSF Graf Spee and Campbeltown.

Graf Spee is a duplicate of my HSF Graf Spee so no benefit directly.  I can keep as a Cpt. trainer or sell for 4 million silver.

I bought Scharnie and Tirp for discounts in doubloons first.

Bought the package next.

Ended up with  34,000  doubloons (my balance before this was 400 doubloons).  That's about $50 worth of gold more than I had at the outset.

The remaining boats cost about $20 each. Thats a good price for Tirp,  Eugen, Scharnie, Hood, Warspite and the Eye-talian boats.

Good deal considering I play with premium time and being a mediocre player I always make money when I see you.  I'm happy!

size0.jpg

Edited by Sinton
for the thin skinned

[BUNNY]
Members
43 posts
2,539 battles

So long as your happy, that's what matters. Enjoy!

Especially the Shiny Horse. Versatile and very fun.

[TBW]
Members
6,319 posts
11,869 battles

I think I am going to get the Russian package it only has the Okhotnik that I need but I don't know when they are going to sell her separately again and I made 178,000 doubloons by buying the big package last year. If I spend he $489 I am pretty sure that I would clear 220,000 doubloons, which is the best deal ever on doubloons. It would also gain me 1 ship and 45 more port slots (I really don't know why we don't call them berths). The trouble with getting the Russian bundle is that the ships are mostly low doubloon ships. The discount on the doubloons should more than cover the cost of the Okhotnik though. You might ask what I did with all of those doubloons. Well all of my ships that can have premium camo. If you have most or all of the premium ships this is the best doubloon deal That WG has to offer and it comes with Berthing spots. besides.

[SWBH]
Members
269 posts
9,532 battles

wow wish i could get the american package but i dont get paid until the 3rd.i miss all the good sales that sucks.oh well i guess its meant to be that way lol   enjoy your great bundles maybe next year for me.wows rocks

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
477 posts
3,540 battles

Good post until you had to go and use a well known derogatory term for Italians.  Reported

• Cool 1

[LOS]
Members
556 posts
7,576 battles
20 minutes ago, missile742 said:

Good post until you had to go and use a well known derogatory term for Italians.  Reported

WOP= Without Passport.  Used to identify immigrants with no or improper identification in late 1800's.  Confirmed by NE Ohio president ITAM Social Club (ITAM= Italian American Club).  Easy does it Missile Boy.:Smile_great:

[GOFU]
Beta Testers
721 posts
7,351 battles
32 minutes ago, missile742 said:

Big deal you poor special snowflakes didn’t like a word someone typed........

• Cool 2

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,950 posts
1,487 battles

Not the only one who grabbed somthing in the end, really ummed and arr'd about it but decided to really treat myself this year since i'd just put some money in the bank from around the house, (long story why but it builds up), so i had a bigger than usual slush fund to spare. Grabbed the big Armada pack, getting the stuff i really wanted out of that individually would have ended up costing me nearly as much and there's enough other nice to have in there that overall it's probably saved me quite a bit over the long term, also got 28,450 doubloons out of it, which gives me more than enough to last me ages.

Incidentally to anyone who already owns a lot of the ships in a pack, especially the armada one, it's potentially a way to get massive amounts of premium time at an effective 54% discount. probably not worth it for most people as you could effectively get 2-3 years if you have a decent number of premiums allready, but worth remembering.

• Cool 1

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
1 minute ago, Carl said:

Incidentally to anyone who already owns a lot of the ships in a pack, especially the armada one, it's potentially a way to get massive amounts of premium time at an effective 54% discount. probably not worth it for most people as you could effectively get 2-3 years if you have a decent number of premiums allready, but worth remembering.

Oh I wasn't aware of that, It's nice to know...

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,950 posts
1,487 battles
1 minute ago, Silver_kun said:

Oh I wasn't aware of that, It's nice to know...

You get doubloons in the place of ships you own, but you get full doubloons value, so your buying them at a 54% discount. SInce you can buy premium for doubloons that makes the premium time bought that way an effective 54% discount.

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
Just now, Carl said:

You get doubloons in the place of ships you own, but you get full doubloons value, so your buying them at a 54% discount. SInce you can buy premium for doubloons that makes the premium time bought that way an effective 54% discount.

I see, I had assumed that would be the case.

[PC]
Members
1,866 posts
17 minutes ago, Carl said:

Not the only one who grabbed somthing in the end, really ummed and arr'd about it but decided to really treat myself this year since i'd just put some money in the bank from around the house, (long story why but it builds up), so i had a bigger than usual slush fund to spare. Grabbed the big Armada pack, getting the stuff i really wanted out of that individually would have ended up costing me nearly as much and there's enough other nice to have in there that overall it's probably saved me quite a bit over the long term, also got 28,450 doubloons out of it, which gives me more than enough to last me ages.

dasha3.jpg

[TF57]
Members
1,237 posts
3,918 battles

So you spent $320+ on a videogame, saving 30% off the arbitrary price (where single ships are priced more than a normal videogame)

Congratulations on your financial responsibility, I guess?

[PVE]
Members
8,833 posts
7,254 battles
4 hours ago, Sinton said:

I bought the United Task Force.

I already had Blyskawica, De Grasse, HSF Graf Spee and Campbeltown.

Graf Spee is a duplicate of my HSF Graf Spee so no benefit directly.  I can keep as a Cpt. trainer or sell for 4 million silver.

I bought Scharnie and Tirp for discounts in doubloons first.

Bought the package next.

Ended up with  34,000  doubloons (my balance before this was 400 doubloons).  That's about $50 worth of gold more than I had at the outset.

The remaining boats cost about $20 each. Thats a good price for Tirp,  Eugen, Scharnie, Hood, Warspite and the Eye-talian boats.

Good deal considering I play with premium time and being a mediocre player I always make money when I see you.  I'm happy!

size0.jpg

Selling AGS for $4M is good if you desperately need silver. Otherwise, keep the Graf Spee and use it to farm first win bonuses if you like the ship. You can get two first win bonuses a day with both ships.

• Cool 1

[LOS]
Members
556 posts
7,576 battles
16 minutes ago, evilleMonkeigh said:

So you spent $320+ on a videogame, saving 30% off the arbitrary price (where single ships are priced more than a normal videogame)

Congratulations on your financial responsibility, I guess?

Easy man...some of us worked hard our whole lives and we are able to spend as we like.  I didn't have it in my 20's or 30's, but I do now and I am quite comfortable as I'm sure others are too.  I have buddies that spend $300 on a bottle of scotch and or a box of cigars...pick your poison... I can afford several! :cap_cool:

• Cool 3

[LOS]
Members
556 posts
7,576 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Selling AGS for $4M is good if you desperately need silver. O=1therwise, keep the Graf Spee and use it to farm first win bonuses if you like the ship. You can get two first win bonuses a day with both ships.

Don't need silver but I was thinking this might be a good plan.... +1 to you my fine fellow...nice to see positive advice as opposed to cry baby whining.

[PVE]
Members
8,833 posts
7,254 battles
30 minutes ago, Sinton said:

Don't need silver but I was thinking this might be a good plan.... +1 to you my fine fellow...nice to see positive advice as opposed to cry baby whining.

Well, last year I won money at work and got that bundle. I would like to get this year's bundle for the ships I don't have and 100+k doubloons, but the well, A/C and computers want some love. :)

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

,but the well, A/C and computers want some love. :)

Maybe next time. :).

Edited by Silver_kun

[TF57]
Members
1,237 posts
3,918 battles

I'm not arguing anyone's right to spend money as they wish. Nor questioning your earning ability.

But I would question the "value" of the WG bundles (which is what the OP is about?)

Ignoring more unrelated topics (i.e. how a bundle relates to a cigar box, your personal NASCAR team, a hunting rifle) let's compare it to a videogame (which, after all, is the closest, most accurate comparison).

$320 for part of a videogame is pretty ridiculous.  Given most videogames are available (fully complete, with "all" content) for $50 or less - most likely $10 right now (elsewhere, where there are "real" Black Friday specials). That's a full game, not partial content.

It's kinda like claiming you bought a single $30 candy bar at 30% off and got a great deal; where you can buy a full pack of candy bars for $2.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
477 posts
3,540 battles
2 hours ago, Sinton said:

WOP= Without Passport.  Used to identify immigrants with no or improper identification in late 1800's.  Confirmed by NE Ohio president ITAM Social Club (ITAM= Italian American Club).  Easy does it Missile Boy.:Smile_great:

Right so you are telling me that term is well known as a positive description and was never used in a negative way?  Besides according to everyone's favorite source around here, "without passport" or "without papers" is a false definition since immigration papers weren't required until long after the term came into use.  Either way, why use the term at all? Too hard to type Italian?  Oh by the way, nice edit. LOL, way to stick to your guns.

[LOS]
Members
556 posts
7,576 battles
Just now, evilleMonkeigh said:

I'm not arguing anyone's right to spend money as they wish. Nor questioning your earning ability.

But I would question the "value" of the WG bundles (which is what the OP is about?)

Ignoring more unrelated topics (i.e. how a bundle relates to a cigar box, your personal NASCAR team, a hunting rifle) let's compare it to a videogame (which, after all, is the closest, most accurate comparison).

$320 for part of a videogame is pretty ridiculous.  Given most videogames are available (fully complete, with "all" content) for $50 or less - most likely $10 right now (elsewhere, where there are "real" Black Friday specials). That's a full game, not partial content.

It's kinda like claiming you bought a single $30 candy bar at 30% off and got a great deal; where you can buy a full pack of candy bars for $2.

It's good man...you got your opinion and I got mine...all is cool.  Spend as you like and I'll say more power to ya!

[LOS]
Members
556 posts
7,576 battles
2 minutes ago, missile742 said:

Right so you are telling me that term is well known as a positive description and was never used in a negative way?  Besides according to everyone's favorite source around here, "without passport" or "without papers" is a false definition since immigration papers weren't required until long after the term came into use.  Either way, why use the term at all? Too hard to type Italian?  Oh by the way, nice edit. LOL, way to stick to your guns.

I did the edit because I saw you were offended and decided to correct it...You are a miserable little man no matter what you are served...go away and find somewhere else to spread your stink.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,950 posts
1,487 battles
6 minutes ago, evilleMonkeigh said:

Most games run to less than 40 hours entertainment, in fact my personal steam average is pretty far below that. Thats 160-200 games and the armada bundle ran to about 10 times the value of a normal game at release. Sure significantly post release or in sales you can pick up some real nice discounts, and thats great, but be real, many games aren't bought in black friday sales. Give i've got (estimate my end), 800 hours in WoT and 200-250 in warships and intend to be playing for a long time to come i don't see myself not getting my money's worth.

• Cool 2