You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Exciton8964

PA DD mission: one of the worst ever

41 comments in this topic

[R-R-R]
Members
970 posts
6,427 battles

Due to this PA DD mission, we have an increasing amount of heavy DD games recently.

However, most of the DD players are honestly quite inexperienced. Every game tends to be extremely lopsided as the worse DD players suicide 3 min into the game.

It is hilarious to see some DD player charged into the cap, made the smallest smoke cloud I have ever seen and then ate torpedoes 30 sec later.

Unfortunately, the mission is quite grindy for those who are bad at DD. So these players just keep queuing as DDs and keep suiciding in early game. This pretty much ruins everyone's experience.

So please, no more quests like this that require a specific class of ships and also challenging for below-average players

Edited by Exciton8964
  • Cool 4

[R-R-R]
Members
970 posts
6,427 battles

Okay. just won another game that lasted 6:37 in my gearing....Enemy fletcher was afking and enemy Gearing doesn't even know he has guns.

Game qualities are just hilariously bad.

Edited by Exciton8964

[-VT-]
Members
379 posts
22,741 battles

Love these class specific missions.  Hunting time!

So many DDs...

...hugging my Atlanta/Flint/Cleveland.

nom nom nom

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Members
120 posts
4,978 battles

agreed, I find the Flooding part extremely difficult.  Wound a BB ahhh no... flood a DD maybe ...

these are quick games and a little frustrating, not enough good targets... and only 2 flags are useful.

it is what is... 

• Cool 1

[R-R-R]
Members
970 posts
6,427 battles
27 minutes ago, Sabene said:

Love these class specific missions.  Hunting time!

So many DDs...

...hugging my Atlanta/Flint/Cleveland.

nom nom nom

It doesn't help.

When DD player skill difference is so large, even good cap support cruisers can't turn things around.

Had a game today I pushed into B cap of warrior path in my Baltimore. Both DDs decided to sit in smoke and ate torpedoes by 5 min mark.

• Cool 1

[5D]
Members
2,222 posts
14,012 battles
57 minutes ago, centarina said:

you are also playing at low server time.      of course it will be worse.

Details, details....lol

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

done with 3 of 4 mission on the part2 last night .   not too bad.  just need 5k dmg  on each of the class.   probably get done today.    tbh,  most of the player base won't get these missions done, but all you do get is some camos, so not a big reward.    

[FOXEH]
Members
3,321 posts
11,865 battles

Done with all of them finally, Picking the right DD makes the difference. Lo Yang got the flooding done for me with a Liquidator achievement (Iowa flooded out). Anshan finished it off today with 5k on each class and finish in top three (first). Almost had that last one done yesterday with Blys but finished 4th.

The problem with these missions is that, by focusing on the mission and not the game, you end up with more losses. I like winning but these missions take me out of that mindset. I get too aggressive and do derpy things.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

i played normally, but did run bit more DD than usual and had good WR.      last one is probably the easiest one anyway. 

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
447 posts
5,490 battles
22 minutes ago, centarina said:

done with 3 of 4 mission on the part2 last night .   not too bad.  just need 5k dmg  on each of the class.   probably get done today.    tbh,  most of the player base won't get these missions done, but all you do get is some camos, so not a big reward.    

Incorrect.  Once the Pan-Asian DD's go live, if you have completed part 2, you'll get a mission to win 5 games in Pan-Asian DD's with a reward of 159,000 Elite Commander XP.

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
318 posts
4,916 battles
3 minutes ago, DanielLeary said:

Incorrect.  Once the Pan-Asian DD's go live, if you have completed part 2, you'll get a mission to win 5 games in Pan-Asian DD's with a reward of 159,000 Elite Commander XP.

129,000 Commander XP.  Enough to take a fresh commander directly to 9 points.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

There is an epic logic to this my friends... I know I'm observing the effect upon myself... step back and see if it is happening to you...

I'm starting to dislike playing destroyers - even my Kami R. Last night I was a tier V dd against Tier VII destroyers. I was the only T5 DD against a red fleet of T6 (not so bad) and T7 (ouch). It was a very ugly match... couldn't break 20K against the reds. Heck, what's more, you think you've seen campers? Hah! Our team had built a KOA campground behind a couple of islands on one cap. I couldn't pry them out of there no matter how much I encouraged them to leave. 

So it just might be someone said, at an early Friday office meeting on the subject, "Hey, why not make this the grind-iest mission ever for DD players... because we're opening up a new line of destroyers that we want everyone to be excited about! It'll ensure they love destroyers! They'll be pumped to the max!".

Everyone around the table laughed so hard they had to call it a day at 8:15am. 

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

129k commander xp is alright   (esp for newer players)      not a big deal for me since I already have 600k saved up with 19point anshan captain.

3 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

There is an epic logic to this my friends... I know I'm observing the effect upon myself... step back and see if it is happening to you...

I'm starting to dislike playing destroyers - even my Kami R. Last night I was a tier V dd against Tier VII destroyers. I was the only T5 DD against a red fleet of T6 (not so bad) and T7 (ouch). It was a very ugly match... couldn't break 20K against the reds. Heck, what's more, you think you've seen campers? Hah! Our team had built a KOA campground behind a couple of islands on one cap. I couldn't pry them out of there no matter how much I encouraged them to leave. 

So it just might be someone said, at an early Friday office meeting on the subject, "Hey, why not make this the grind-iest mission ever for DD players... because we're opening up a new line of destroyers that we want everyone to be excited about! It'll ensure they love destroyers! They'll be pumped to the max!".

Everyone around the table laughed so hard they had to call it a day at 8:15am. 

Kami R can still handle t7 alright as long as you have a team or no CV.   last few days, I seem to get partnered with another kami and we just wreck the other team  where we top the leader board in a rollover.   5.4km conceal is OP as heck

Edited by centarina

[O_O]
Members
4,335 posts
9,298 battles
19 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I'm starting to dislike playing destroyers - even my Kami R. Last night I was a tier V dd against Tier VII destroyers. I was the only T5 DD against a red fleet of T6 (not so bad) and T7 (ouch). It was a very ugly match...

Since I started keeping track of T5, 6, 7 and 8 match making, I have noticed that being low tier isn't nearly as common as everyone else claims (in my experience thus far).  However, one glaring exception has been with Kamikaze R.  I have played 10 games since tracking, and 9 of them had me low tier.

I'm not going to put on the tin foil hat until I track at least another 50 games in the Kami, but I am beginning to wonder if the Kamikazes got a punitive matchmaking nerf...

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
1,822 posts
10,755 battles
2 hours ago, Exciton8964 said:

Okay. just won another game that lasted 6:37 in my gearing....Enemy fletcher was afking and enemy Gearing doesn't even know he has guns.

Game qualities are just hilariously bad.

On the other hand. I had this match last night where our Montana got chased to the map border by an Akizuki then rekt by torpedoes.

Torpedoes from Akizuki. While being chased for over 5 minutes. Let that sink in.

[WOLF2]
Members
865 posts
7,014 battles
53 minutes ago, Khafni said:

The problem with these missions is that, by focusing on the mission and not the game, you end up with more losses. I like winning but these missions take me out of that mindset. I get too aggressive and do derpy things.

True that, and I have to mentally refocus on the objectives, rather than the mission.  

I do look at the bright side, in that I'm not a DD main, and all the seat time helps.   Getting better at getting the torps to mark.   But man... that flooding.   Slow, slow, slow.   Haven't been fortunate enough to hit a ship after just firing their DCP.

Members
1,246 posts
20,643 battles
1 hour ago, Khafni said:

The problem with these missions is that, by focusing on the mission and not the game, you end up with more losses.

This.  I finished the 50K flooding part but am a poor DD player and don't really enjoy playing them except occaisonally.  I may try the odd DD  game or 2 for this set of missions but I'm not gonna grind anymore to complete them.  It's just not jun, and I'm not gonna play the PA DD anyway.

But I have to agree about the poor DD play, to which I contributed whenever I was in my DD.   I like my Fiji, and was just in a game supporting a cap with 2 of our dd and up pop 3 enemy dd 5-8 km away - woohoo!  Not so much, instead of seeing my Fiji nail a DD with 2 slavos and trying to spot for me both our DD popped smoke so I couldn't see a darn thing.  Oh well, it's sill Leander, Fji, Edinburgh Happy time for me.