You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ChisanaJun

Lost Argentine Submarine.

32 comments in this topic

[NX01]
Members
566 posts
1,851 battles

I hope for best but. Will pray for souls and families of ARA San Juan. Such a sad event. 

Please everyone at least give kind and hopeful thoughts for brave crew and families 

• Cool 5

[PVE]
Members
8,818 posts
7,254 battles
8 minutes ago, sutekina_akuma said:

I hope for best but. Will pray for souls and families of ARA San Juan. Such a sad event. 

Please everyone at least give kind and hopeful thoughts for brave crew and families 

After this long, the odds are very bad for those sailors. Reports of an explosion near where the sub disappeared are not encouraging as well. Prayers for the families and the ARA.

[NX01]
Members
566 posts
1,851 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

After this long, the odds are very bad for those sailors. Reports of an explosion near where the sub disappeared are not encouraging as well. Prayers for the families and the ARA.

I know but a prayer or good wishes can nut hurt. Their families are devastated. Just thought a few prayers or good wishes could not hurt.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,818 posts
7,254 battles
4 minutes ago, sutekina_akuma said:

I know but a prayer or good wishes can nut hurt. Their families are devastated. Just thought a few prayers or good wishes could not hurt.

Oh no, I agree with you. It's just not a good situation. :(

[PVE]
Members
8,818 posts
7,254 battles
1 minute ago, aethervox said:

Accidents happen.

Oh yeah, especially in the military which by nature, does inherently dangerous things. Still makes it sad for the almost certain loss of life.

[NX01]
Members
566 posts
1,851 battles

Why this political to you already. Just prayers for sad thing. And yes no innocent should ever suffer any harm from war. But I am just Japanese student and do not get to choose such things. If you have no heart for prayers then do as you please. 

• Cool 1

[NX01]
Members
566 posts
1,851 battles
On 11/25/2017 at 1:11 AM, aethervox said:

How about the thousands & thousands of Iraqi families who got devastated by the Americans. How about a thought for them, OP?

This is a quote from aethervox I did not say this he must have deleted. I did not understand why he ask me such question but now it appears As if I said it. that is not so. I am not rude person or bitter, yet anyway. I am new here but learning, it best to keep even a wish for the safety of others to myself. How I became the person who said this in Rabbit81 post have no idea. I have learned though thank you all. 

Edited by sutekina_akuma
  • Cool 1

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,213 battles

Yes, it would be great if the Argentinian sub crew were rescued, however, this appears unlikely, extremely highly unlikely.

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers
99 posts
5,583 battles

I can't help but draw a parallel with the Kursk disaster, seemingly an explosion on board, best part of a week for anyone to admit there's a problem now a last minute desperate scramble to locate the boat and conduct what at this point is almost certain to be a futile rescue attempt. We can but hope for the best while preparing for the worst.

• Cool 1

[NX01]
Members
566 posts
1,851 battles

I was only year old when Kursh was lost. Have read about it and observed videos. What terrible event. Also seeing suffering families and note written by crewman. Very sad days Prayers for all lost souls and grieving families. 

Members
121 posts

Yea unfortunatley by now they ran out of O2 and are most likely all hands lost, now all they can do is locate it and find out  what happened to her and give those that suffering to such a tragedy.some comfort.

[FML]
Members
1,626 posts
9,879 battles
4 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Agreed, doesnt sound good.  But it probably not an explosion; instead, it was probably was an implosion, when the submarine reached crush depth.  Alas.  

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,328 posts
9,387 battles

It's the nature of military life, especially in the Navy.

Drills, inspections, and reviews are a constant thing.  

Captain is always pushing the limits to get more out of the men and machine, so they are proficient and practiced if called to action.

And all you need is one little detail - like a stuck valve or cracked weld to go bad in the middle of it all.

And suddenly the crew is fighting for their lives.

And sometimes, they lose that fight.

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
Members
1,700 posts
3,864 battles

Been reading about this on another board.  We have a couple members in Argentina, one who lives not far from their naval base.  Apparently the Argentine gov't is telling the people that all are presumed dead.  At best, they had enough air for 7 days.  Lost contact on the 15th.  No hope of recovering the crew at this point.  A sad event, with the most intense sadness felt by the families of those unfortunate submariners. 

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,950 posts
1,487 battles
3 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Agreed, doesnt sound good.  But it probably not an explosion; instead, it was probably was an implosion, when the submarine reached crush depth.  Alas.  

Depending on the nature of the instrumentation that detected it they should be able to tell the difference between the two. AFAIK they do have subtly different sounds associated.

Members
2,393 posts
5,421 battles

with such a tragedy as this some see events as a political view instead of a human accident due to technical causes.  WE can only wish for the best outcome as we know the crew onboard have families and loved ones who await the news which gets bleaker by the day.  May the crew of the ARA be found and bring their bodies back to their loved one else be left at sea as their final resting place. RIP.

[GLF]
Beta Testers
520 posts
10,383 battles

Thoughts and prayers to the Family and Friends of the lost crew of the ARA San Juan.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
6,038 posts
8,580 battles
12 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

It's the nature of military life, especially in the Navy.

Drills, inspections, and reviews are a constant thing.  

Captain is always pushing the limits to get more out of the men and machine, so they are proficient and practiced if called to action.

And all you need is one little detail - like a stuck valve or cracked weld to go bad in the middle of it all.

And suddenly the crew is fighting for their lives.

And sometimes, they lose that fight.

Well said. A lot of people think that if you have never seen actual combat that you have never been in danger in the military. As a medic who has patched up dozens of injured soldiers during "peacetime," I can attest to the fact that this is not true. When I was in we were losing something like 200 a year to on-duty training accidents. Things have gotten a lot safer in training since then but it's still a dangerous occupation.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,177 posts
2,029 battles

I've also heard from an Argentine that the government is saying they're presumed dead. It's awful, but unfortunately not shocking... the government neglected the military after the military government fell, to an extreme level. Most of the Argentine Navy is paralyzed in port because of maintenance issues, and it's very likely the same thing brought down San Juan...

They had a battery failure while at sea, and supposedly the crew had repaired it, as that was the last transmission that was sent back before they disappeared...

While I'm sure the trigger for the sub going down was an accident, the blame still lays on the shoulders of past governments who allowed the fleet to atrophy to such a level. It's one thing if you want to shrink down your forces, but it's another to allow them to degrade to a condition that is dangerous for your personnel to operate. It's a volunteer military. Those serving do so because they want to, and to make citizens have to operate in such conditions... ugh, well, I'll stop here. I don't want to get too political.

Thoughts & Prayers with the families of those lost, and I hope that this helps spark a change... 44 lives that need not have been lost.

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,692 posts
3,459 battles

The loss of innocent life anywhere is a tragedy. Be it in Iraq, the Earth's oceans, or a single person on a mission into space.

It doesn't matter whose at fault, or what went wrong, or if you got the bad guys or not.

Nothing restores shattered lives, and none of the above will bring back the dead.

The submarine lost power, for yet known reasons, and was too deep or damaged to blow ballast and reach the surface before they were dragged back down to the depths.

Dozens of men sat there while every bit of hope drained out of them, alone, with no hope of rescue as their vessel creaked and groaned past crush depth and their lives were snuffed out in seconds as the hull finally gave way.

In all of the horrible ways to die at sea, they may have suffered one of the worst.

Forget whose side they were on, or who else died that you don't feel get the recognition deserved. No amount of death elsewhere makes this any less tragic, or these men and their families any less deserving of our sympathy.

Pay your respects, bow your heads, and take a moment of silence for human beings who lost their lives and those they left behind.

• Cool 4

[SYN]
Members
4,525 posts
11,433 battles

My heart goes out to these sailors and their families, and others who've suffered similar fates (Thresher, Kursk, and others).

O>

• Cool 1

[NX01]
Members
566 posts
1,851 battles
On 11/25/2017 at 1:16 AM, sutekina_akuma said:

I find it refreshing we can all hope for the best and if able to pray for crew and Families. such sad events no matter which country should be grieved. I am unable to or would be unfit to serve in any military. I have nothing but respect for those who serve to support their countries. More prayers and sorrow for families thank you, everyone,, who cares enough to honor the dead and the families. I do not know if this is the place for such a post. But realize many here are military or military astute which I am not and I feel really bad over this. so the post means no disrespect to anyone just sorrow for the entire event. Hope my English is understood. 

Thresher and others the brave Soviet men on the K-19 and I am sure others. This world can be such a sad place.

Edited by sutekina_akuma
addition
  • Cool 1