You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Clan teach...don't over-reach

10 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,773 posts
12,881 battles

I ran into a clan today...twice.  T8 Premium cruisers.

First time was on my team.  We got rolled.  Based on my observations, the maneuvering and positioning of the clan in general, and in particular two of its players, was extremely poor.  The two observed playing poorly both ended up at the very bottom of score.  The third member was second from the top.  Granted, I have my bad days, so perhaps this was just an anomaly.

A few games later, there they were again.  This time....on the other team.  We rolled them.   In fact, after having just observed their play a few games prior, I mentally predicted where they would show (A or D corner cap) and what they would do.  I just happened to be headed for the same cap (A cap) and participated in the slaughter.  Same relative results.  Two at the very bottom.  One at the top.

This appeared to be a clan teach event.  The top player was teaching the other players T8 cruiser play.  The top player seemed to be well versed in cruiser play and did well.  The other two just are not ready for T8 random.  The result speak for themselves.

I'm OK with clan/division teaching adventures.  But I would implore folks NOT to over-reach the experience.  Leap frogging multiple tiers, even with a division, is not advisable.  It is frustrating for the clan/division, and frustrating for the other members on the team.  Not to mention, I doubt much of anything was learned other than you can get slaughtered in T8 if you don't know what you're doing.  Take 'em back down to T5 or T6...or Co-op.  Let them work their way up.  They will gain experience while also gaining the benefit of clan/division play.  And when they make it to T8 through experience, they will be a force to reckon'd with.

• Cool 2

[SF-A]
Members
2,848 posts
5,548 battles

Honestly the only way to improve is experience. It's going to happen at some point, so it might be good for them to learn with that skilled player to lessen the blow to the team.

• Cool 1

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
750 posts
6,836 battles

Some people refuse to learn no matter how good the advice you give them is....

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

really depends on clans.   some are good, some aren't.     just because they have  clan name in front doesn't mean they are good, and even good ones may have off match.      we do learn from each other, but     could do a better job.  

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,320 posts
11,434 battles

I would often div in a tier 2 DD and Yolo die so i could teach a div mate.

Unfortunately you cannot go past gunnery and torpedo basics in CO-OP,  due to bots always Yolo rush.

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,694 battles
2 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I ran into a clan today...twice.  T8 Premium cruisers.

First time was on my team.  We got rolled.  Based on my observations, the maneuvering and positioning of the clan in general, and in particular two of its players, was extremely poor.  The two observed playing poorly both ended up at the very bottom of score.  The third member was second from the top.  Granted, I have my bad days, so perhaps this was just an anomaly.

A few games later, there they were again.  This time....on the other team.  We rolled them.   In fact, after having just observed their play a few games prior, I mentally predicted where they would show (A or D corner cap) and what they would do.  I just happened to be headed for the same cap (A cap) and participated in the slaughter.  Same relative results.  Two at the very bottom.  One at the top.

This appeared to be a clan teach event.  The top player was teaching the other players T8 cruiser play.  The top player seemed to be well versed in cruiser play and did well.  The other two just are not ready for T8 random.  The result speak for themselves.

I'm OK with clan/division teaching adventures.  But I would implore folks NOT to over-reach the experience.  Leap frogging multiple tiers, even with a division, is not advisable.  It is frustrating for the clan/division, and frustrating for the other members on the team.  Not to mention, I doubt much of anything was learned other than you can get slaughtered in T8 if you don't know what you're doing.  Take 'em back down to T5 or T6...or Co-op.  Let them work their way up.  They will gain experience while also gaining the benefit of clan/division play.  And when they make it to T8 through experience, they will be a force to reckon'd with.

This requires respect of other players, selflessness and self-regulation. Good luck trying to get these players to raise their moral standards. 

Members
1,634 posts
9,728 battles
2 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

I would often div in a tier 2 DD and Yolo die so i could teach a div mate.

Unfortunately you cannot go past gunnery and torpedo basics in CO-OP,  due to bots always Yolo rush.

We run a lot of force on force drill in training room.  Co Op is useless for training.

I dislike throwing people in the deep end.  It tends to make them frustrated and less apt to learn.  When they are ready for random we usually take them out in a three man div so they have a lot of support and two guys guiding them.

• Cool 1

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
315 posts
4,601 battles

I've found that I can teach better while riding on my div mate 

Part of that is because I'm busy attacking/defending in my own boat and don't have enough brain cells left to multi task the div.

but I've seen examples of putting unprepared div mates in premiums then exposing them to a map and meta they aren't prepared for.

while it is frustrating, discussing what happened after destruction and watching the match play out are teaching experiences.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
16 hours ago, zuga_01 said:

Maybe they don't know there is a training room.

Maybe the fear of using "Mods" or altering the Code scares the crapola out of them.I think it is time for WG/WoWs to place the training room in the vanilla client, and when a update happens it is fixed with the update.