Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SumPanda

IOWA service bug

9 comments in this topic

[ASWF]
[ASWF]
Members
5 posts
2,283 battles

After this last patch every game i have played with my IOWA i was losing credits.  I didn't understand why, but i noticed the service cost was always much much higher than in previous versions of the game.  I tested this with a couple games where i would either sink or lose little to no hp.   The service cost was always the same.  I don't know if i am missing something, but after several games with kills, over 100k dmg and little to no hp missing my service cost still placed me negative with credits.  I don't know if this is a bug or what.  But its confusing. 

Thanks 

SumPanda

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles

Could you post how much was the credit cost? It should be around 1,20,000 excluding ammo costs and without the perm camo, with the perm camo it should cost about 96k or 98k I presume?, again excluding ammo costs.

A screenshot would also be preferable.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,968 posts
12,487 battles

Not a bug. There is a flat service fee per match. The amount of HP lost or not doesn't matter.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,730 posts
11,353 battles

Like Lert said, the service fee is set. This was changed quite some time ago (like over a year) to try to encourage more aggressive play from BBs.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,212 battles
2 hours ago, SumPanda said:

After this last patch every game i have played with my IOWA i was losing credits.  I didn't understand why, but i noticed the service cost was always much much higher than in previous versions of the game.  I tested this with a couple games where i would either sink or lose little to no hp.   The service cost was always the same.  I don't know if i am missing something, but after several games with kills, over 100k dmg and little to no hp missing my service cost still placed me negative with credits.  I don't know if this is a bug or what.  But its confusing. 

Thanks 

SumPanda

Service cost of every ship in the game is a flat fee and it has been that way now for at least 6 months and probably closer to a year. Ammo prices vary depending on how many shells/torpedoes are used, but the repairs cost is the same regardless of how much damage is taken.

This was done a long time ago in part of the ongoing battle to discourage passive play at high tiers. In the Bad Old Days, tiers 8, 9 and 10 had much higher repair costs and repair costs scaled based on how much damage a person took. Naturally, this caused people to focus primarily on not taking damage above all else. It was very possible to play a high tier ship on a premium account, do quite well, die after taking a lot of damage and firing a lot of shots and end up having lost credits for your trouble. Eventually, WarGaming decided to lower repair costs at tier 8 and above temporarily as a test, and they lowered it by something like 50%. This "temporary" change made it possible to earn a profit when doing well and winning battles and it went from being "temporarily for testing" to being permanent. It was thought this lowering of costs would make people more likely to play tiers 8 and higher, and to play them less passively. This didn't work out though, so sometime in the last year, give or take a few months, they changed it so that all ships have a fixed service cost. The second you press battle in any ship in the game, the full repair cost is already owed at the end of the game. It removes the incentive to try and preserve one's HP in order to increase credit gain or mitigate credit losses.

TL:DR - It's not a bug, and it's not just the Iowa. You've literally just discovered an important game feature that was a LONG time in coming and has been in game for ages.

[LOU1]
Members
2,895 posts
8,004 battles

Iowa service cost is 120,000 IIRC.  Then there is also an ammunition cost.  The price of those big shells can be kind of steep, I have noticed.  In my Missouri in PvE the maintenance cost of 40,000 (reduced in PvE) was less than my ammo cost in a game in which I had been spamming rounds.  250 per round x 9 barrels = 2,250 per salvo.

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/01/29/wows-datamined-repair-ammo-cost-value-tables/

Members
1,789 posts
17,407 battles

7 hours ago, SumPanda said:

The service cost was always the same

The cost is based on tier no matter what ship you run in that tier...180k/T10-120k/t9...don't recall other tier rates but it doesn't matter if you get sunk or don't get a scratch so charge into glory for that solo warrior.

[ASWF]
[ASWF]
Members
5 posts
2,283 battles

That makes alot of sense.  I posted in another thread about the importance of BB, and the seemingly uselessness of them as it seems.  I would be hard pressed to say but i feel the dmg to net battle income may need to be increased it would fix the passive players as well and dmg would be prioritized.  Perhaps this could help with the net loss and gain when on a team who seems to just charge into torps. I would much rather see more high teir play and there seems to be little if any at the moment.  Perhaps making high tier a method of credit farming might encourage more players to adapt and making use of their high tier ships.  It benefits WG by maintaining the community and promoting advancement to the next shinny and continued play.  Thanks for the info everyone!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,572 posts
3,740 battles
2 hours ago, SumPanda said:

Perhaps making high tier a method of credit farming might encourage more players to adapt and making use of their high tier ships.  It benefits WG by maintaining the community and promoting advancement to the next shinny and continued play.  Thanks for the info everyone!

It's called premium camo and premium times with economy flags. Of course real money is generally needed to obtain these on a regular basis.

Sign in to follow this