You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Joeb2206

Historical Rework?

30 comments in this topic

Members
13 posts
57 battles

Hi. I'm relatively new to world of Warships. I've seen all these ships that are fictional or only on blueprints? (Roon, Yorck, Hakuryu, Moskva, bla bla bla)

I think we could do with a bit of a rework.

Japanese Cruisers:

T7 Myoko

T8 Takao

T9 Mogami

T10 Tone.

Japanese Battleships:

T7 Ise

T8 Nagato

T9 Amagi

T10 Yamato

German Cruisers

T7 Deutschland

T8 Admiral Hipper

T9 P-class 

T10 O-class

French Cruisers

T4 Duguay-Trouin

T5 Suffren

T6 Emile Bertin

T7 La Galissonneire

T8 Algerie

T8 Saint Louis

T10 De Grasse

British Battleships

T6 Repulse

T7 Queen Elizabeth

T8 King George V

T9 Lion

T10 Vanguard

British Cruisers

T7 Edinburgh

T8 Fiji

T9 Swiftsure

T10 Tiger

And thats it. (or maybe replace Hakuryu with Shinano, or 2nd IJN CV line?)

- Joe

Edited by Joeb2206
  • Cool 1

[H-W-C]
Members
1,258 posts
3,306 battles

No need for this post anymore

Edited by warpath_33

[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,082 battles

You REALLY did not think this through did you? And I see you didn't notice the phoenix class cruiser nor the nicholas class destroyer are also fake. 

No, those ships would not work in those tiers due to current performance of the already existing ones. Just because you don't like paper designs doesn't mean you have any right to demand a re-tiering with all paper designs removed. 

• Cool 1

[ARMDA]
Members
8,993 posts
3,454 battles
2 minutes ago, Joeb2206 said:

why not?

There's a reason why WG pulled the blueprints and paper designs. For instance, Ise is just a rearranged turret design of Fuso, so they didn't do that. After Nurnberg, would a sudden increase from 152mm to 280mm work and then down to 203mm? At least list your reasons.

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles

It's not as easy to make such a big overhaul, once you play more battles you shall realize that they need to make the ships "work" and be balanced.

[HINON]
Members
8,807 posts

Most of those ships won't fit in those tiers for balance reasons. You'll understand more as you get further up the tech tree to higher tier battles and with more battle experience.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,471 posts
6,648 battles
9 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

No.

(More comprehensive response soon)

That is rather a cheeky post, effectively squatting a thread with your own makeshift seat reservation. 

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles

in the distant future (or near)

In your case the very distant future

also, whats this i hear about a CV rework?

They are changing the available plane squadron configuration for USN aircraft carriers to make them more "flexible".

Edited by Silver_kun

Members
13 posts
57 battles
1 minute ago, Silver_kun said:

They are changing the available plane squadron configuration for USN aircraft carriers to make them more "flexible".

In my opinion, the more torpedo bombers, the better.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,142 posts
1,648 battles

Most of those ships would need to be buffed so tremendously as to make them even less “real” than the paper designs.

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
4 minutes ago, Joeb2206 said:

Well, I don't know where the thread is now but I guess you could search it up for more information. Basically USN CVs had an all strike configuration and a heavy fighter(defense) configuration as far as I can remember, so they limited the CVs to one configuration to make them all rounders.

The general idea of the rework is 1-1-1 but they have built up on that for higher tier CVs like 1-1-2 & 2-1-2, etc.

Edited by Silver_kun

[H-W-C]
Members
1,258 posts
3,306 battles

Japanese cruiser proposal: Short of receiving a unhistorical (which is the opposite of what you want, isn't it?) refit giving her rear guns, she will heavily outgunned by everything she faces. Mogami might work since Ibuki is pretty similar. Takao might of been the original tier 8 but is now tier 8 premium Atago.

Jap. BBs: Ise is too similar to Fuso to be at tier 7. Nagato and Amagi will not be able to take being uptiered.

German Cruisers: P class is like super Deutschland and moving from 283mm to 203mm and back to 283mm doesn't make sense. O class is a battlecruiser and Wargaming prefers to put battlecruisers in the battlecruiser class. O class probably would barely make a good tier 6 anyway.

French Cruisers: Suffren... STOP CHANGING THE GUN CALIBRES EVERY TIER!!! (ok... calmed down a bit) You realize Saint Louis is a paper ship too, right? De Grasse has a total of eight 127mm guns, so a certain destroyer will be capable of outgunning her.

British Battleships: Queen Elizabeth will stay at tier 6 because that is where her German temporary, Bayern resides and because one of her special points is having the largest guns at tier 6. Warspite is also tier 6 and Wargaming doesn't like changing premiums very much so having two ships of the same class that were both modernized (unlike the IJN BB premium we make them stock and move them down a tier trend) would be odd. Lion is already at tier 9 and is a paper design. Vanguard would be slightly undergunned at tier 8, let alone tier 10, although the AA wouldn't be bad.

British Cruisers: Just because Fiji is newer than Edinburgh doesn't make her "better". Crown Colony Class Light Cruisers are similar to York class heavy cruisers in that they were made lighter and smaller than the preceding class. Tiger had an astounding four 152mm guns with only two facing forward so that's less broadside weight than the tier 3 Caledon.

If any of this sounds insulting or condescending I apologize, and I certainly don't want to drive you away from the forums, but I would recommend you play a few more games before you ask for big things like tech tree reworks etc.

Edited by warpath_33
Headers and extra words

[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,660 posts
2,671 battles
1 minute ago, Joeb2206 said:

The way i saw it was, the newer the ship, the better

You have a lot to learn if you think that's how it works.

I would suggest reading some books by Friedmans on the US Navy and Erich Groner on the German Navy to get a listing on why that isn't the case. There are also plenty of works on the Royal and Imperial Navy as well listing why that doesn't work out and it has everything to do with the Washington Naval Treaty and into the London Naval Treaty shortly after.

[H-W-C]
Members
1,258 posts
3,306 battles

Not a whole lot. Most nations best gun warships are at tier 8 and 9, so unless you want World of Missile Cruisers you're going to have to pull some paper designs out.

Edited by warpath_33
spelling changes

Members
2,092 posts
8,068 battles
45 minutes ago, Joeb2206 said:

Hi. I'm relatively new to world of Warships. I've seen all these ships that are fictional or only on blueprints? (Roon, Yorck, Hakuryu, Moskva, bla bla bla)

I think we could do with a bit of a rework.

Japanese Cruisers:

T7 Myoko

T8 Takao

T9 Mogami

T10 Tone.

Japanese Battleships:

T7 Ise

T8 Nagato

T9 Amagi

T10 Yamato

German Cruisers

T7 Deutschland

T8 Admiral Hipper

T9 P-class 

T10 O-class

French Cruisers

T4 Duguay-Trouin

T5 Suffren

T6 Emile Bertin

T7 La Galissonneire

T8 Algerie

T8 Saint Louis

T10 De Grasse

British Battleships

T6 Repulse

T7 Queen Elizabeth

T8 King George V

T9 Lion

T10 Vanguard

British Cruisers

T7 Edinburgh

T8 Fiji

T9 Swiftsure

T10 Tiger

And thats it. (or maybe replace Hakuryu with Shinano, or 2nd IJN CV line?)

- Joe

No

Members
2,092 posts
8,068 battles

so, if it were sorted by gun caliber, and shell size, what would be a good historical fit?

Game balance/design>History

Members
2,092 posts
8,068 battles
52 minutes ago, Joeb2206 said:

So would you rather have 4 tier V TB squadrons on the Midway or 2 tier X ones?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,726 posts
7,354 battles

You have 35 rounds in WoWs, and yet are somehow an expert on what ships should be in the game, and at what tiers?

Ah, in a word, no. There's tier balance, ship type balance, mechanics balance, just to start. More, a great many historical ships are simply NOT viable for this game, and that's what this is, a game, and it's NOT a historical simulation.

Wait until you have some experience before you start trying to dictate to the game's devs, hm?