Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Eaglesnuke

Replay advice needed

2 comments in this topic

[KOOKS]
Members
29 posts
1,722 battles

Hello

https://replayswows.com/replay/9580

I just a game i diid very poorly and i am the kind of player that i prefer to lose playing at least OK

i started the game in a good way but along the match i just tanked what could i have done diferently

any advice is welcome just want to do better next time

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
8,854 posts

First off, kudos for putting up a replay. Getting critiqued is not an easy thing to do. First question is your random battle count of 214 accurate? If so, I think you might be a bit over your head for T9-T10 gameplay at the moment. I recommend spending more time at T4 in multiple lines to get a better feel for how they play and better minimap reading skills. You haven't played many cruisers in PVP nor any DD games which means you likely don't know how to think like those players yet. This was apparent in your replay as you didn't position very well and ended up out of position on the periphery where your guns weren't very effective. At the start I would have joined the push at A and used the islands around D4 as a shield while being close enough to support the friendly DD's.  When you were by B you should have turned and avoided C as the enemy was there in strength and instead help the 2 friendly dd's at B. When the Shima first appeared you fired at the DM initially instead of targeting the nearer and more immediate threat. At the end when the Hindenburg went ahead of you, you should have turned and stuck on his tail to counter the DD's, together you all could have possibly turned the tide there. Also, what modules and captain skills do you have on the Iowa? You have plenty of ways to improve but since you clearly want to learn I'm hopeful you can become an effective player who goes into a match confident that you can carry your weight and then some consistently. Eventually you will see the grand picture of how battles develop and be able to critique your own play effectively and let your plans evolve as a match unfolds.

cAuFs4y.jpg

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this