You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cricker

Finally Happened..... Lost me mind.......

9 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
1,538 battles

Today is black Friday here. Not being the brightest, I decided to brave the store. Upon arriving, the parking lot was a complete show.

I am getting frustrated trying to navigate the lot. There are cars entering, leaving, hunting for parking spots, and many people pushing carts.

Suddenly, like a distant cousin to memory muscle, something happens in my brain. A calm rests over me like shadows at sunset.

I am now actively prioritizing targets. Assessing what could become dangers. trying to locate a place to dock my ship... err I mean car.

I know I saw a Honda zipping by here. Must be vigilant because it could appear at any moment to try and snipe a spot. I start to try and 

gauge my speed. See if I can merge into the next lane without applying the brakes and just slip behind that Jeep without losing any momentum.

Shortly after that I begin to calculate how close I can get to that family of four pushing a cart, and get behind the cover of that white SUV.

It is at this point that I take the very next spot because i realize that mentally, I am not at the store, and even if these other warships don't know it, 

they are all in danger if I continue to cruise this parking lot. This truly was a weird feeling in my head, not unlike DeJa Vu.

• Cool 5

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts

Well... I guess at least you didn't decide to ram someone ..

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
5,922 posts
2,193 battles

Yeah.  How'd you like to be forced to drive a pink car?

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I have had a turret on my car for years. My imagination has sunk more cars than Ships in WoWs. And when my secondaries open up the lot clears. Lmbo

Members
4,441 posts
6,134 battles

Good story OP. Hint!  If it don't make any difference to you you can find better deals the day AFTER Christmas on stuff than on these Black Friday promotions and you don't have to fight insane crowds. 2 years ago I got a $500 40 inch Sony Bravia at Walmart for $300 bucks the day after Christmas.  That was less than what it was on the Black Friday deal earlier in the month. Day after they want to move inventory....get rid of stuff.

[CAST]
Members
1,155 posts
7,159 battles

Nice Warships analogy.  LOL.

I was in earlier this week buying stuff for the same price as was listed in the door crasher specials.  You really have to watch the prices.  Now that Black Friday has become a big thing and margins aren't what they used to be, sales aren't as good as they would like you to believe.  Most of the time, items are artificially inflated leading up to the sale, so they can put a big sale on them during the sale event.  Its only when they actually need to get rid of them, that you really get a good sale price.

• Cool 1

Members
4,441 posts
6,134 battles
1 minute ago, Murcc said:

Nice Warships analogy.  LOL.

I was in earlier this week buying stuff for the same price as was listed in the door crasher specials.  You really have to watch the prices.  Now that Black Friday has become a big thing and margins aren't what they used to be, sales aren't as good as they would like you to believe.  Most of the time, items are artificially inflated leading up to the sale, so they can put a big sale on them during the sale event.  Its only when they actually need to get rid of them, that you really get a good sale price.

RGR all that. You can also find better deals online. Black Friday is mostly a con game. People are suckers. Who in their right mind stands in a damn line for a day or more and suffers through this idiocy? Also as I said if you can wait for the day after Christmas you can really get super deals from stores that want to move stuff out.

OP did have a cool analogy. +1

[ECOM]
Members
955 posts
11,136 battles

Memories flooding back right now of the sick materialistic mind set of black Friday brawlers. Ugh. I want nothing to do with them.