You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Zuk

Deutschland Class über Heavy cruiser

20 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
185 battles

German Navy should get the Deutschland Class Heavy Cruiser, aka Graf Spee. Yes/No

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
7,354 battles
24 minutes ago, Zuk said:

German Navy should get the Deutschland Class Heavy Cruiser, aka Graf Spee. Yes/No

Already in game. Twice.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,469 battles

While you're suggesting things, OP, perhaps you could suggest that we should have some American battleships - I hear the later ones were pretty good!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,306 posts
10,095 battles

As said above the Graf Spee is already in the game. It is a Tier 6 premium ship however and not a standard tech tree ship. In case you don't know about premium ships OP they are ships you have to buy with real money (or doubloons from your tech tree which cost real money). That or sometimes you can win them in containers or for completing missions. The regular Graf Spee in game was awarded for completing a mission and may have even been sold through the premium shop at one time (can't recall) .

There are actually 2 versions of it and both are premium ships. The regular Admiral Graf Spee and the HSF Admiral Graf Spee. Same ship just one is related to the High School Fleet(HSF) event and has a girl Anime Capt and a different camo available for it. 

The regular Graf Spee premium is not available right now but the HSF version is in the premium shop. If you want to buy one by all means do so as you never know when WG will pull a premium so it can't be bought. However, I would suggest you wait until you have some more experience before trying to play it. In WOWS the Graf Spee is a difficult ship to play. I have made T10 in 2 BB lines and am up to T7/T8 in a bunch of Cruiser lines and I had some trouble with Graf Spee at 1st (just got it like 2 weeks ago). Get it if you want so you have it but wait until you are up to at least T5 or better T6 to really play it or you will get wrecked.

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/vehicles/4337/

Regular Graf Spee:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Admiral_Graf_Spee

HSF Graf Spee:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:HSF_Admiral_Graf_Spee

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,306 posts
10,095 battles
2 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

While you're suggesting things, OP, perhaps you could suggest that we should have some American battleships - I hear the later ones were pretty good!

Give the guy a break. New player with fewer than 75 games. Graf is only available in the premium shop and doesn't show in tech tree. The OP is only to T3 so he wouldn't have seen them in game either. They may not even know you can buy/that there are premiums. 

Why do some people have to always be so snarky on this site? :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Members
5,038 posts
8,925 battles
7 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Internet elitism.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,249 battles

Or maybe it's just how a lot of people are.  Not everyone is a goody-goody Pollyanna.  Some people's natural response to what they see as a dumb question is the snarky comeback.  

[-K-]
Members
5,038 posts
8,925 battles
4 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Or maybe it's just how a lot of people are.  Not everyone is a goody-goody Pollyanna.  Some people's natural response to what they see as a dumb question is the snarky comeback.  

Some people choose to help, some people choose to hinder.  Unfortunately, there usually seems to be more of the latter.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,249 battles
3 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Some people choose to help, some people choose to hinder.  Unfortunately, there usually seems to be more of the latter.

What you call "hindering", others might choose to call not assisting people they might be competing against.  

Edited by Crucis

Members
1,547 posts
9,786 battles
49 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Give the guy a break. New player with fewer than 75 games. Graf is only available in the premium shop and doesn't show in tech tree. The OP is only to T3 so he wouldn't have seen them in game either. They may not even know you can buy/that there are premiums. 

He's right. Someone new to the game wouldn't know the Graf Spee was available as a prem. It's not in the tech tree. 
There's a toxic culture in the forums where many players have nothing else to do than just wait for the opportunity to pounce and attack someone for asking a question or making a suggestion. 

Edited by STINKWEED_

[HINON]
Supertester
18,896 posts
12,416 battles
59 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Because he has the combined sum of human knowledge literally at his fingertips and yet he's shown himself too lazy to do one little search query. It's not his newbieness that's the problem, it's his demonstrated laziness.

It might just be me being old fashioned here and showing my age, but I was always taught that if I wanted to know the answer to a question, I should first put in some basic effort in discovering it for myself.

[PVE]
Members
1,222 posts
4,732 battles

Any of the seasoned forumites here would tell you the Graf Spee is a ship who's both punchy and has good torpedos. They'll also tell you she's not an easy ship to play in most situations. I suggest you peruse LWM's Canon review of her for an in depth analysis of her. Not trying to talk you out of her just be an informed buyer. 

[LANCE]
Members
288 posts
3,087 battles
46 minutes ago, Lert said:

Because he has the combined sum of human knowledge literally at his fingertips and yet he's shown himself too lazy to do one little search query. It's not his newbieness that's the problem, it's his demonstrated laziness.

It might just be me being old fashioned here and showing my age, but I was always taught that if I wanted to know the answer to a question, I should first put in some basic effort in discovering it for myself.

Whilst I agree with what you’ve written (to a point) it’s only his 2nd post to the forum so probably doesn’t know about all the useful information in the forums (including LittleWhiteMouses write up’s) or the premium shop.

So .... welcome @Zuk and enjoy viewing all the information available of these forums. I’ll provide a link for LWM write up once at my PC.

LittleWhiteMouse's Premium Ship Write-up's

Edited by Bravo4zero
Added Link

[HINON]
Supertester
18,896 posts
12,416 battles
9 minutes ago, Bravo4zero said:

Whilst I agree with what you’ve written (to a point) it’s only his 2nd post to the forum so probably doesn’t know about all the useful information in the forums (including LittleWhiteMouses write up’s) or the premium shop.

Could've still tried a search, even a google or youtube search. Being new is not a reason not to search - in fact, it would be a reason to search since you don't know what is out there

Members
1,547 posts
9,786 battles
22 minutes ago, Lert said:

Could've still tried a search, even a google or youtube search. Being new is not a reason not to search - in fact, it would be a reason to search since you don't know what is out there

Don't assume. Not everyone is web savvy. Unfortunately, we live in a world where it's much easier to judge people than to give them the benefit of the doubt.  

[HINON]
Supertester
18,896 posts
12,416 battles
1 minute ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Don't assume. Not everyone is web savvy.

He was tech savvy enough to find his way to a game forum for a downloadable game that doesn't advertise its forum anywhere. Google is a lot easier to find and use.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,306 posts
10,095 battles

Rather than jump a new guy for not searching, and then spend all that effort explaining how lazy and dumb he is, try putting 1/10 of that effort into just being helpful and a decent human being and tell the guy about how it works. That isn't being a Polyanna either. Good lord when did actually being polite and trying to help become a bad thing?