Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Akizuki Captain-4 pts left

11 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
2,174 posts
9,626 battles

I have a 15 pt Akizuki captain with the following skills:

1 PT PM

2 LS

3 BFT

4 IFHE  CE

Assuming I don't want to reset the captain, how should I spend the remaining 4 pts (when I get them)? Seems another 3pt skill is out of the question as it leaves me with 1 pt and no viable 1pt skills. So it is one-4pt skill or 2-2pt skills. Saw one video suggesting RPF to turn it into a DD hunter.

[-K-]
Members
5,075 posts
8,947 battles
6 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

I have a 15 pt Akizuki captain with the following skills:

1 PT PM

2 LS

3 BFT

4 IFHE  CE

Assuming I don't want to reset the captain, how should I spend the remaining 4 pts (when I get them)? Seems another 3pt skill is out of the question as it leaves me with 1 pt and no viable 1pt skills. So it is one-4pt skill or 2-2pt skills. Saw one video suggesting RPF to turn it into a DD hunter.

She does indeed make a great DD hunter, but you'll need to include SE instead of BFT to help you with that.

[CVA16]
Members
2,174 posts
9,626 battles
Just now, Ace_04 said:

She does indeed make a great DD hunter, but you'll need to include SE instead of BFT to help you with that.

So if I don't do a re-skill, RPF is not the best choice?

Wasn't sure I could make it work, might be to aggressive for my play style and a 33kt DD hunter seems strange. It works great on a torpedo boat however where the idea is to avoid running into red DDs or be ready first when they pop up.

[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Members
566 posts
3,334 battles

I personally run PM PT, LS AR HA, BFT, CE IFHE. 

I find the DPS buff to be more consequential to the flat health buff.

On your last 1000 health, your DPM is increased by an entire 1/3, leaving you with a blazing 2 sec reload.

After you're done with your DD hunting, smoke up and rain rapid fire hell on anyone who stumbles too close.

[INTEL]
Members
6,627 posts
25,306 battles

I use it as a DD hunter with 19-pts

1: PM

2: AR - LS

3: SE - DE

4: IFHE - CE

[CVA16]
Members
2,174 posts
9,626 battles
16 minutes ago, JackBinary said:

On your last 1000 health, your DPM is increased by an entire 1/3, leaving you with a blazing 2 sec reload.

'cuz 3 seconds is just soooooo slow:cap_haloween:

I was considering it as one of my 2pt skills. Several useful ones there. Trying to decide of a single 4pt skill is better.

[-K-]
Members
5,075 posts
8,947 battles
30 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

So if I don't do a re-skill, RPF is not the best choice?

I'm not personally a big fan of RPF, but if it works for you, go for it.

But remember, a DD becomes exponentially stronger the longer it survives in a match.  The extra HP boost from Survivability Expert will pay more dividends fighting against all foes, rather than RPF which is geared mainly to counter DD's.  Plus, if you plan on knife-fighting with more than one DD, you'll need that extra health pool.

[TBW]
Members
6,338 posts
11,884 battles

I never use RPF and not seeing any RPF ships at the end of battles tells me why I don't use it.

[TBW]
Members
6,338 posts
11,884 battles

I like High Alert and Jack of all trades and also like to run November Foxtrot reducing the time for repairs by 20% and the time to reload consumables by 10%. I don't use last stand because the maximum time my steering or engine is down is 32 seconds. Most of the time it is way less than that anyway. It also helps me to put out fires and floods much quicker or at least 8 seconds quicker and with fire on a DD that can make the difference between burning up or fighting on.

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,216 battles

Why hasn't anyone mentioned AFT? Would that not be useful on an Akizuki?

[CVA16]
Members
2,174 posts
9,626 battles
3 hours ago, aethervox said:

Why hasn't anyone mentioned AFT? Would that not be useful on an Akizuki?

What I have heard is that the increased range is not all that useful due to the high arcing shells at long range and any advantage is  offset by the increase in your gun bloom firing visibility. Back in the day of OWSF it was probably a go to skill. Now it is more of a ship-by-ship evaluation as to its value. That said, there have been may games when I wish I had even another 0.5K to find some red ship in range.

Sign in to follow this