You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AllysaRockz

YouTube Help

6 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
251 posts
1,395 battles

Right, so now that I've posted in that YouTuber thread, maybe I'll see some more activity or what not... but as you can see from the title, YouTube is confusing me. First off, I have two videos uploaded on my channel, yet when I clicked on my YT channel, it says that I have no content. But then when I clicked on the videos button, there's my two videos. What was up with that? Do I have to manually display each video I upload on my page, or what?

Second off, I uploaded my first actual fully edited video, a Bayern Compilation, and I was really excited to see how it would fare, y'know, since I put hours of effort into it. I gave it tags, I put it under Gaming and included WOWS as the game, and I picked a title that suited it... and yet... it feels like the video isn't even being shown... if that makes any sense. Yeah, I didn't expect to get a thousand views in one go, that's utterly ridiculous. But I also didn't expect to get, like, eight views either. Am I doing something wrong? Am I missing something? Or do you really grow on YouTube at like, a snails pace? :Smile_teethhappy: If you answered yes to any of those questions, please enlighten me in the comments section below! In fact, enlighten me anyway.

The video I'm referring to:

[SYN]
Members
14,381 posts
10,260 battles

make sure you set the video to "public".

By default, Youtube does not "publish" uploaded videos, so you have to publish them, or manually edit them so they are publicly visible.

If the video is not published, then it may be set as "unlisted", in which case you can link the video, but it will not be listed in the open.

Beta Testers
251 posts
1,395 battles
26 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

make sure you set the video to "public".

Okay. Checked the video and it's listed as public. I know what screen you're talking about, and so I know I definitely pressed that publish button when the video was done uploading.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,342 posts
11,500 battles

I followed your video to YouTube.

I was able to see both videos.

I would have loved to see if you rammed that ship before you cut to supercontainer.

My Last super was 100 speed flags.

Your videos looked very nice. I normally prefer commentaries, but your Bayern was good.

Beta Testers
251 posts
1,395 battles
22 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

I would have loved to see if you rammed that ship before you cut to supercontainer.

Your videos looked very nice. I normally prefer commentaries, but your Bayern was good.

I wanted to as well, but then I decided against it when I chunked them for 25k. :Smile_teethhappy: And thank you!

• Cool 1

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,713 posts
4,699 battles

It takes a bit Allysa.  When I started I was good for 3-6 views.  Now, after so much longer, I'm up to 20-40 :/

Best pieces of advice I can give is to make a thread here in the forums here:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/forum/211-fan-art-and-community-creations/

When you upload a video add a post to your thread and make a status update.  This way people who follow/friend you can be aware of your content update.  Once you start getting more content and more subscribers you'll start to see the numbers pickup but it can take awhile, just have to be patient