You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
zuga_01

People's reaction on Black friday deals

33 comments in this topic

[BLOME]
Members
945 posts
6,404 battles
4 minutes ago, VGLance said:

Wasn't that deal for Xmas, not black Friday? 

no idea. Just for the lolz.

[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,660 posts
2,671 battles
17 minutes ago, VGLance said:

Nope, it was Black Friday because Zampy and I both missed it due to our paychecks. Or in his case, he messed up the day by one day and I got paid the day it ended at 2am, and my paycheck cleared my account at 6am. So, yeah. I remember quite well what day it was exactly last year.

Members
2,883 posts
1,365 battles

Pretty underwhelming black friday sale.  I thought the draw for Black Friday in general was how like everything is ALOT cheaper to the point where we are stampeding each other and locking up the servers buying stuff. 
Like, prices so good we are Inserting <shutup_and_take_my_money.gif>

[REVY]
Members
6,017 posts
5,102 battles
34 minutes ago, VGLance said:

Black Friday and the WoWs 1st Anniversary.

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

They aren't offering anything good. Don't bother to argue just vote with your wallet.

I put my black Friday budget into merchants that offered me a deal. WG didn't, so they got zero.  Believe me, by next Friday the will run the numbers this year vs last. If they brought in significantly more last year they will improve their offering next year.

• Cool 3

Members
412 posts
17,016 battles

wows black friday    =     ho hum   

just not tempted enough for anything 

i think im gonna have just as much $$$$$ before the sale  as i will after the sale

[ANKER]
Members
225 posts
5,264 battles

disappointing thanks giving so far; only premium ship i could get discount for is Dunkerque and I already got the Nelson.

step up the game and wow me with some deals and I shall throw money at my screen!! or else i could always throw some money at steam.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,678 posts
1 hour ago, Sventex said:

Black Friday and the WoWs 1st Anniversary.

And you could get it in the tanks shop as well and double up last year

[SIM]
Members
2,438 posts
4,080 battles

My reaction to the Wargaming Black Friday deals was to go buy a bunch of PS4 games on Amazon. They really need to start trying harder around this time of year.

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,043 posts
8,052 battles

Pretty sure WG isn't aiming their sales at the "older" player base, the ones that have been around for a year or so.,

but rather the new steam players that more than likely don't have 90% of those ships, or a clear understanding of how WG manipulates things.

Perhaps at Xmas they may soften their line and open up more opportunities for the rest of us.

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles

I feel the same way. There isn't much that is tempting at all. Everything seems kinda bloated price wise too, especially for legacy players that have much of what is being offered (that they want) already.

[-K-]
Members
5,075 posts
8,956 battles

Be patient.  Still might see it come up for Cyber Monday.

[4HIM]
Members
1,707 posts
3,893 battles
2 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

I feel the same way. There isn't much that is tempting at all. Everything seems kinda bloated price wise too, especially for legacy players that have much of what is being offered (that they want) already.

Yep. Prices for those bundles were obscene.  And some of those I already have.  When WT has a 'bundle' sale, if it includes a vehicle you already have, that gets discounted off the total price.  So I've bought a few bundles there.  But the biggest thing I see is that almost every bundle has one or more 'mehbotes' or 'garbage' ships on there.  Ships most of us don't want and would never play. 

[O_O]
Members
4,334 posts
9,284 battles

It certainly appears that the WoWS Thanksgiving sale has a LOT more to offer the newer player and not so much for players who have been here for a couple of years.  

I certainly understand offering new players the moon and setting the hook.  The problem is, these bundles are so expensive I could buy that new Playstation I have been wanting for a couple of years for the same price.  I would never, ever spend $500 at one time, on one game.  I am pretty confident I am in the vast majority on that point.

And what about the loyal players who have been here for a couple of yearrs?  We have many of the premium ships we want, so even discounting the massive price for these large bundles would not make them more appealing.

This reminds me of the new customer deals offered by cable, satellite, and cell companies.  Great introductory offers to draw in new customers, but nothing to retain the ones you have.  Getting new players on board with this game is very important, and profitable, but if you cannot retain the players you have, your game is in trouble.

[O_O]
Members
4,334 posts
9,284 battles
13 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I am still hopeful this is the case.  I have never paid for premium time before, but I was going to this year.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
220 posts
6,387 battles

i was hoping for Big E and harekaze to go on sale but WG decided on expensive bundles that are outside of my spending budget this year

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles

It may be that they are targeting the incoming Steam players with these bundles. I can see that that would be considered to be a limited opportunity that they might wan to exploit. They are fresh, and probably eager to get some Premium ships. Strike while the iron is hot.

However, the existing player base is the backbone of this game, and constitutes the main source of their income. I think that we will see some deals on Cyber Monday, and for Shipsmas that more directly appeal to the base. 

I think for many people bundles that include ships they will never play are simply unappealing. Any bundle that includes a CV immediately loses my interest, and I'm sure that I'm not the only person that has a class they do not play. 

One type of bundle that I have never seen offered would be very tempting. 3-5 ship bundles of specific classes, or nations. The price would not be unreasonably high, and there are many players with definite preferences of ship class or nation. DD mains would be more likely to buy a DD bundle, BB mains would be more likely to buy a BB bundle....etc. A Sims, Atlanta, and Alabama bundle would probably sell well. Same with a Gallant, Belfast, Hood bundle, or an Arizona, Scharnhorst, Warspite bundle. There are plenty of combinations that would be tempting to a bunch of players.

The ultimate wallet opener would be a "Build-a-Bundle" option that would allow the buyer to select the ships they wanted to include in the bundle. It would eliminate that little voice that says, "Hmmm... like this bundle, but jeez why the Diana, and Krasny Krym, I'm never going to use those.... no deal" People would buy what they wanted.... and spend more than they would if the deal was not available. I think it would be a real money maker for WG.

• Cool 1

Members
272 posts
3 minutes ago, Skarp_AGW said:

The ultimate wallet opener would be a "Build-a-Bundle" option that would allow the buyer to select the ships they wanted to include in the bundle. It would eliminate that little voice that says, "Hmmm... like this bundle, but jeez why the Diana, and Krasny Krym, I'm never going to use those.... no deal" People would buy what they wanted.... and spend more than they would if the deal was not available. I think it would be a real money maker for WG.

That would make sense. The more I'm around WG and observe their behavior, the more I see their decisions don't make sense.

[NG-NL]
Members
4,961 posts
8,109 battles
2 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

That and Christmas seems like most off for the premium time discount. Was thinking of going for that cause hey, the XP boost will come in handy for grinding to more T10s.

But if WG is catering to the newer Steam crowd, may not spend anything either.

Members
3 posts
3,626 battles

If you play tanks on console they have 50% off 365 premium time. doesn't do any good here I know. :( . I guess ill be saving my money this year for other things or other games.