You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Azumazi

Black Friday deals and no -50% 365 day deal this year!

27 comments in this topic

[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,660 posts
2,671 battles

That's right folks. To all of you who managed that amazing deal last year of 365 days of premium it did not return this year! Instead, out of all 3 games, only WoWP is offering a 365 days at, wait for it, -15% off. Now, the accounts are linked so if you buy the WoWP deal it goes to ships but lets be honest. The -50% cost of the previous year was a huge bonus for anyone with incentive to get premium. Many people were waiting just for that deal as it pretty much was a guarantee buy by many players and this year it's not there.

Now, maybe they felt it hurt their bottom line last year offering it, but lets be honest. They aren't going to make almost anything off that near $500 armada deal, but that $48.25 for one year premium would have sold like mad.

It just makes me a sad panda because it's the only thing I've been waiting for all year save for the Roma. Maybe I'll luck out and around Christmas they will over the deal then but I'm not getting my hopes up.

• Cool 3

[REVY]
Members
6,010 posts
5,102 battles
9 minutes ago, Azumazi said:

Now, maybe they felt it hurt their bottom line last year offering it

Maybe, but it changed the amount of money I was going to spend, from about $50, to $0.

• Cool 4

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
6 minutes ago, centarina said:

wait till cyber monday first  :D

Don't they only update crapon Wednesday?

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,472 posts
4,053 battles

Don't worry, Christmas sales will come soon. There'll probably be a New Year event as well. Then there's Valentine's Day and Chinese New Year...and not long after that is Easter...and then...Independence Day...Wargaming's birthday, World of Warships' birthday...oh my wallet...

tumblr_nmkqza0YSd1urep1no1_500.gif

• Cool 3

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
27 minutes ago, awiggin said:

They are targeting the steam crowd.....they need some fresh money....:Smile_teethhappy:

Yea.. that part makes me suspicious... especially the part where they seem to have intentionally made no effort to link existing accounts... That's the kind of thing I've seen several failed MMOs do in a dying cash grab ...

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,708 posts
9,381 battles

sign a petition requesting the developer to have the sale ON SALE ..... the more players sign and agree the better chance the developer will look into make change

[SALT]
3,660 posts
2,671 battles

I'll be honest, I'm hoping that Centarina and Panbun prove me wrong and it shows up by Monday as a Cyber Monday deal, but I'm not counting on it since they just on planes put up a -15% version which means those that bought that version would be in an up roar due to an immediate change within days after.

[5IN]
Members
1,784 posts
8,101 battles

Bummer if they dont, but nothing you can do about it.  I've got a few days left and was hoping for the 50% deal.  Will wait until Monday and see what happens.

B

[USCC2]
Members
3,409 posts
1 hour ago, Azumazi said:

That's right folks. To all of you who managed that amazing deal last year of 365 days of premium it did not return this year! Instead, out of all 3 games, only WoWP is offering a 365 days at, wait for it, -15% off. Now, the accounts are linked so if you buy the WoWP deal it goes to ships but lets be honest. The -50% cost of the previous year was a huge bonus for anyone with incentive to get premium. Many people were waiting just for that deal as it pretty much was a guarantee buy by many players and this year it's not there.

Now, maybe they felt it hurt their bottom line last year offering it, but lets be honest. They aren't going to make almost anything off that near $500 armada deal, but that $48.25 for one year premium would have sold like mad.

It just makes me a sad panda because it's the only thing I've been waiting for all year save for the Roma. Maybe I'll luck out and around Christmas they will over the deal then but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Never say never.:Smile_Default:

Once I heard about the 50% off for a years worth of Premium time ( about 2 weeks ago), it was the first time I even thought about buying Premium time since starting the game. Don't get me wrong, I don't think the current Premium time is that bad, but for me (where my work could find me being sent away for months at a time), it didn't really represent value.

A little like when you win 5 stars on a Scenario/Operation and realise you aren't going to get to play over the next 24hrs lol.

I'll wait and keep my fingers crossed. :Smile_honoring:

[ICLAD]
Members
5 posts
8,232 battles

WG gave me a 30% of coupon. So for less than 6 dollars a month is not to bad. But I sure was hopping for last years deal. I still have 54 days left from all the missions and crates though.

[KP]
Members
1,990 posts
18,359 battles
2 hours ago, Azumazi said:

Pretty much sums up the sentiment of my entire clan.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,309 posts
11,401 battles

Wait for SHIPSMAS. That's when it appeared last year.

[SALT]
3,660 posts
2,671 battles
2 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Nope, because I had over 4 grand spare in my account last Christmas after bills and waited to see if it got offered again. Never got offered. It sucked too.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,309 posts
11,401 battles
22 minutes ago, Azumazi said:

Nope, because I had over 4 grand spare in my account last Christmas after bills and waited to see if it got offered again. Never got offered. It sucked too.

I got 1 year premium for like 54$ in December.

[BLOME]
Members
945 posts
6,397 battles
2 hours ago, Zolors said:

WG gave me a 30% of coupon. So for less than 6 dollars a month is not to bad. But I sure was hopping for last years deal. I still have 54 days left from all the missions and crates though.

How did WG give u a discount coupon?

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,720 posts
9,426 battles
4 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Yup. Probably saving it for that. 

[YORHA]
Members
3,241 posts
7 hours ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

sign a petition requesting the developer to have the sale ON SALE ..... the more players sign and agree the better chance the developer will look into make change

7 hours ago, bassmasta76 said:

Bummer if they dont, but nothing you can do about it.  I've got a few days left and was hoping for the 50% deal.  Will wait until Monday and see what happens.

B

But there is something you can do about it, and it's not a survey.

Keep your wallet closed or, if you do some other game purchases, post  the amount of money that would have gone to WG that went to more enlightened developers instead.

That  combination will get their attention.

Members
3,403 posts
6,063 battles
2 hours ago, HazardDrake said:

Yup. Probably saving it for that. 

I am 99% certain I did not get my year premium for half off last year on Black Friday .

[WOLF5]
Members
438 posts
18,116 battles
6 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Nope, it was part of shipsgiving. Shipmas was 3 weeks of various discounts on ships.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/worldofgravyboats/

But on Warplanes, they do have a 15% off for 360 days of premium at $82. Since all the games are linked, it would apply to WoWS and WoT. 

Edited by h9k_a

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles

I don't care when they offer 1 year of premium time for 50% off (Black Friday, Cyber Monday, or Christmas)...as long as they offer it.  I have been looking forward to this purchase for a while...

Come on, WG, don't let me down! :cap_happy:

Members
1 post
1,720 battles

Well its Cyber Monday and still no sale for the one year prem. time.  As mentioned above the amount of money I am spending now went from $50 to zero.  I think I am gonna take a brake on WG games if this sale doesn't happen.  Ships is getting stale,  Planes is also getting stale, and tanks is being runied by the gold round spam.  so I really don't have any drive to continue on a free account and struggle with income issues

[SYN]
Members
14,346 posts
10,218 battles
2 minutes ago, FuriousFred1777 said:

Well its Cyber Monday and still no sale for the one year prem. time.  As mentioned above the amount of money I am spending now went from $50 to zero.  I think I am gonna take a brake on WG games if this sale doesn't happen.  Ships is getting stale,  Planes is also getting stale, and tanks is being runied by the gold round spam.  so I really don't have any drive to continue on a free account and struggle with income issues

WG didn't offer a cyber monday deal last year either.

The 15% discount for 360days is still on sale on WoWp.

Members
17,672 posts
5,084 battles
On 24/11/2017 at 0:03 AM, awiggin said:

They are targeting the steam crowd.....they need some fresh money....:Smile_teethhappy:

And Steam is like "excellent", (insert Monty Burns gif here) because where are a lot of disgruntled "old guard" WoWS players going to spend their Black Friday money instead?