You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Perriwen

I am a former BB driver who has seen the light

23 comments in this topic

[NSFW]
Members
71 posts
5,755 battles

Yes, miracles happen!

So...back when I started World of Warships, I was all about battleships. Mostly because I loved the Alabama when I was a child. And I hated DDs with a passion. And whenever nerfs were given to DDs, I tended to mock them and be like 'ha, get over it'.

Then the Santa Christmas Convoy happened, and I ended up with Sims, Blys, Gremmy, Anshan, and Lo Yang. They sat in my port for awhile..then I decided to play them and see what all the fuss is about.

Then two things happened:

1.) I saw just how hard destroyers have to work for anything

2.) I fell in love with them.

A year's nearly gone by now, and I've pretty much left battleships behind save an occasional outing for the old days for the sake of credits...but I find them slow, clumsy, and I resent the passiveness of my fellow BB drivers. I just got my first tier x DD a week ago (Khabby), and I am itching to start down the Pan Asian line-as well as starting down cruiser lines.

DD drivers everywhere, I am sorry I ever stuck my nose up at you. T_T. And I can say now with solid confidence: grow up, BBabies.

• Cool 18

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,703 posts
11,317 battles

I play all classes (except CVs) pretty evenly. Though I am more likely to side with the destroyers on an argument than the BBabies.

[-TAB-]
Members
1,597 posts
5,126 battles

me too. have a shima in port, feltcher too, but started CAs and now I have a Zao, and Russian, German, and British T8 CAs on the way to T10s in each to see which I like most. all appeal to me more than BB play at this time.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
7,354 battles
1 hour ago, Perriwen said:

Yes, miracles happen!

So...back when I started World of Warships, I was all about battleships. Mostly because I loved the Alabama when I was a child. And I hated DDs with a passion. And whenever nerfs were given to DDs, I tended to mock them and be like 'ha, get over it'.

Then the Santa Christmas Convoy happened, and I ended up with Sims, Blys, Gremmy, Anshan, and Lo Yang. They sat in my port for awhile..then I decided to play them and see what all the fuss is about.

A year's nearly gone by now, and I've pretty much left battleships behind save an occasional outing for the old days for the sake of credits...but I find them slow, clumsy, and I resent the passiveness of my fellow BB drivers. I just got my first tier x DD a week ago (Khabby), and I am itching to start down the Pan Asian line-as well as starting down cruiser lines.

DD drivers everywhere, I am sorry I ever stuck my nose up at you. T_T. And I can say now with solid confidence: grow up, BBabies.

Faith in humanity +1.

[SOA]
Alpha Tester
553 posts
2,474 battles

Destroyers are by FAR the most interesting and dynamic class to play, especially in the current meta. I too have gravitated to them of late to the point where I now consider myself a DD main

--Helms

[USCC2]
Members
3,408 posts

I think it is great that someone who enjoyed one type of ship (BBs), learned to enjoy playing another.

It's a shame you then decided to thread negativity through what could have been a positive post. There are poor players in every type of ship, DDs through to CVs - but there are so many good ones to! My apologies if your post was meant as a joke regarding the BBs, but all I see is another thread that will probably set two parts of the community against each other. You already have 8 up-votes, so I'm probably going to get a bit of backlash, but I really don't think a negative post about another type of ship was needed.

I am happy you are enjoying the game as much as you are. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
457 posts
8,210 battles

IeLaDTY.gif

One of US! One of US!

Funny thing tho, I finally won the Missouri and I find people are not very nice to me lol, Someone always telling me "Your doing it wrong" and pounding on the negative karma button. That kind of sustained hate drove me in to COOP with my shiney BB prize. I'll stick to DD/CL in random :)

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,305 posts
11,393 battles
2 hours ago, Perriwen said:

Yes, miracles happen!

I play all lines.

I'm currently on Amagi, Iowa, Bismarck and king Edwards.

Cruisers Edenbrough, rest tier 9.

Destroyers IJN tier 10, USN tier 9 and RU Kabba and Udoloi. 

I can agree with you on how hard destroyers are to play, but late game broadside torps on pansy sit back battleshipsvare so worth it. 

Welcome to the club.

• Cool 1

[NSFW]
Members
71 posts
5,755 battles
11 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

I play all lines.

I'm currently on Amagi, Iowa, Bismarck and king Edwards.

Cruisers Edenbrough, rest tier 9.

Destroyers IJN tier 10, USN tier 9 and RU Kabba and Udoloi. 

I can agree with you on how hard destroyers are to play, but late game broadside torps on pansy sit back battleshipsvare so worth it. 

Welcome to the club.

At the moment, I am amused lighting the sit backs on fire with my Khaba, and watching their cruisers and destroyers (usually in a division with said BB) panic, break off what they're doing, and run to the back of the map to try and rescue the BB.

They usually fail. It's hilarious. It's another reason why I am eager for the Pan Asian line, you just know those deep water torps are gonna be a nightmare for the backliners-and the whining will be hilarious.

Edited by Perriwen

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,305 posts
11,393 battles

Flamu is doing a series on the Pan Asains.

Tier 4 looks awesome, while tier 5 looks meh.

So the higher tiers may be ok, ok or meh....

But definitely worth a go.

[NSFW]
Members
71 posts
5,755 battles
14 hours ago, DeadMeat_015 said:

IeLaDTY.gif

One of US! One of US!

Funny thing tho, I finally won the Missouri and I find people are not very nice to me lol, Someone always telling me "Your doing it wrong" and pounding on the negative karma button. That kind of sustained hate drove me in to COOP with my shiney BB prize. I'll stick to DD/CL in random :)

It's weird. I keep thinking "I am gonna save for the MO!", then like...'nah, I'll free XP to help me through *insert line here*.'

Maybe someday on the Mo, but I think it'll be after I've researched all the ships I want.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,672 posts
7,498 battles

I love BBs and loathe this pesky little torp firing DDs and don’t get me started on those fire starting Cruisers ... nerf dat stuff

if im playing my Cruisers .. love em by the way...I freaken hate BBs shorten there range and a B.B. should not have Torps! That line needs some serious  nerfing

if im playing my favoriet DD .. love DDs by the way, I really dislike bordering on hate Cruisers and BBs ..what’s up with a B.B. hitting  me with them there big guns .. not freaken likely ... some serious nerfing here folks ... depending what line I’m playing of course

• Cool 1

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
On 11/24/2017 at 0:02 PM, _WaveRider_ said:

I think it is great that someone who enjoyed one type of ship (BBs), learned to enjoy playing another.

It's a shame you then decided to thread negativity through what could have been a positive post. There are poor players in every type of ship, DDs through to CVs - but there are so many good ones to! My apologies if your post was meant as a joke regarding the BBs, but all I see is another thread that will probably set two parts of the community against each other. You already have 8 up-votes, so I'm probably going to get a bit of backlash, but I really don't think a negative post about another type of ship was needed.

This :Smile_great:. +1.

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
18 hours ago, Perriwen said:

It's weird. I keep thinking "I am gonna save for the MO!", then like...'nah, I'll free XP to help me through *insert line here*.'

Maybe someday on the Mo, but I think it'll be after I've researched all the ships I want.

I feel the same a lot of times :p, I had one decided to save free XP for Missouri but just forgot about it completely.

[NSFW]
Members
71 posts
5,755 battles
On 11/24/2017 at 0:32 AM, _WaveRider_ said:

Well, understand that post was made about two hours after I had match after match of BB players raging at me because I didn't charge into the cap, or rush out in front to spot for them in my Khab...and despite telling them that I have a 9+ km detection range and no smoke, they only responded with insults and shooting at me. <.<

So, yeah. I had some harsh feelings at the time.

[NASTY]
Members
105 posts
5,207 battles

I take it that most posters here consider it to be more difficult to command DD than BB.  Is that correct.  I do kinda feel the same.  To be top scorer in DD you need to work harder.

But what about cruisers????  I do find them even more challenging than DDs 

[TF57]
Members
1,230 posts
3,915 battles

But what about cruisers????  I do find them even more challenging than DDs 

I find cruisers the most frustrating. I find you have to play them very passively; always thinking about that BB that will delete you the second you stuff up.  If you think primarily about defence and staying alive, while staying in gun range, the damage piles up over time.

BB are the easiest to play, and most forgiving of mistakes of bad players.