Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11B4O

Sims Nerf

10 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
2,018 posts
18,493 battles

Do I get a refund since they are planning on a direct Nerf to the Sims? If not how am I being compensated for a Nerf to a ship I paid cash for?

Members
956 posts
11,178 battles

Did you read the disclaimer on how they can change whatever they want.

Then can be nice and offer a refund but considering this change wont affect anything at all who cares.  Also this is on test server and isn't even implemented.

Put your pitchfork down.

• Cool 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,745 posts
7,373 battles

Oh my GOD, I am so sick of this. You have 13k battles, and yet fail to understand that IT'S NOT A NERF, IT'S A BUFF. Jesus. The reduction in armor, a whopping 3mm, allows for more over pens, meaning the ship lives longer.

NOT A NERF.

• Cool 1

[BLUE_]
Members
390 posts
14,134 battles
7 minutes ago, MountainManxDan said:

Did you read the disclaimer on how they can change whatever they want.

Then can be nice and offer a refund but considering this change wont affect anything at all who cares.  Also this is on test server and isn't even implemented.

Put your pitchfork down.

OP duplicated the post, problably just to get attention. So i was planning to ignore this one. BUT THIS! This is the answer that i was looking for!

Also, if WG wanted to "end the game" in a way no one could play anymore... yes, that's what you are thinking! NO refunds!

[LOU1]
Members
2,898 posts
8,004 battles

There have been several threads over the last few days explaining the same thing.With a bit less armor, more shells will tend not to fuse and pass right through the ship instead of fusing and detonating inside for a pen.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,704 posts
10,055 battles

This has highlighted how little I understand of the nuances of the AP penetration mechanic.

According to the wiki - As of patch 0.3.1, the armor thickness necessary for AP shell fuzing was as follows (caliber - armor): 410mm - 68mm, 356mm - 59mm, 203mm - 34mm, 155mm - 26mm.

Therefore neither 16mm nor 19mm of armor should activate the fuses, if the shell hits the armor on the other side it would cumulatively reach either 32 or 38mm - which is still below any battleship AP fuzing threshold, and even if the fuze armed on hitting the other side of the ship it would have to overpen as the fuze would activate after it passed through the ship.

So, to '33' a destroyer with BB AP you'd need to somehow hit multiple armor sections, or internal armor which we can't see modeled or maybe the water to start the fuse.

If that's the case, then given that 356mm AP requires 59mm to fuse, going from 16 to 19mm  of deck armorseems like it would make little if any difference. It might make a bit of a difference in combination with striking more metal for 203/152mm rounds.

Sign in to follow this