You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11B4O

Nerfing the Sims

95 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,419 battles

Can I get my money back? Since Wargaming is doing a direct Nerf to a premium? I mean for Christ sakes all they did was change the smoke mechanic ie. An indirect Nerf to a couple cruisers. They offered doubloon refunds is the Sims getting the same treatment for this direct pinpoint to this ship NERF?

• Cool 1

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Regardless of the what or why they're doing it, I see no reason why they couldn't allow a buyback.

I mean, they've already done that recently. No one can really get ticked either way if the option was available.

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 2

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,419 battles
3 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

Regardless of the what or why they're doing it, I see no reason why they couldn't allow a buyback.

I mean, they've already done that recently. No one can really get ticked either way if the option was available.

A reasoned well thought out response as always @Wulfgarn

Edited by IronMike11B4O

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,111 battles
15 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Can I get my money back? Since Wargaming is doing a direct Nerf to a premium? I mean for Christ sakes all they did was change the smoke mechanic ie. An indirect Nerf to a couple cruisers. They offered doubloon refunds is the Sims getting the same treatment for this direct pinpoint to this ship NERF?

Is the change really going effect how you play it so severely that it's not worth having anymore? Or did you just not want it anymore to begin with and want this as an excuse to be refunded?

• Cool 3

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,228 battles
3 minutes ago, nothere01 said:

You have no idea, do you.

lool so you think changing deck to 13 mills is gunna help the Sims in a knife fight???? yeah suks getting pens from AP but AP pens not what kill me in sims most time don't get hit by BB cause that thing turns on a dime

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,419 battles
Just now, Ju87s said:

Is the change really going effect how you play it so severely that it's not worth having anymore? Or did you just not want it anymore to begin with and want this as an excuse to be refunded?

Does it at the end of the day matter what my reasons are? After all they are doing a direct Nerf to a cash premium that should get your motor running more than any of my reasons.

• Cool 2

[LEGIT]
Beta Testers
297 posts
15,758 battles
23 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Article 7.4 (f) of WG's Terms of Service that we all agreed upon when we installed the game states the following:

"we may change, replace, remove access to or update the Content at any time in our sole discretion"

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/docs/terms-service/

Regardless, you can still submit a ticket requesting the refund with the reason you are no longer satisfied with the product. 

However, imo I think Sims may still be a good ship despite changes. I consider rebalancing the specs of ships are necessary steps for the games like this. A lot of players spent real money one way or the other even when grinding tech tree ships.

Edited by SoftAndCute
  • Cool 1

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,419 battles
2 minutes ago, SoftAndCute said:

Article 7.4 (f) of WG's Terms of Service that we all agreed upon when we installed the game states the following:

"we may change, replace, remove access to or update the Content at any time in our sole discretion"

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/docs/terms-service/

Regardless, you can still submit a ticket requesting the refund with the reason you are no longer satisfied with the product. 

However, imo I think Sims may still be a good ship despite changes.

Whether it is a good ship or not after is irrelevant. They are directly nerfing a ship I paid cash for. It pisses me off, I want my money back. 

• Cool 2

[-BRS-]
Members
1,606 posts
13,201 battles

I could think of a dozen other premiums that need to be nerfed 

Are they changing them no

So why are we tweaking the Sims it's not like it's op

• Cool 2

[LEGIT]
Beta Testers
297 posts
15,758 battles
Just now, IronMike11B4O said:

Whether it is a good ship or not after is irrelevant. They are directly nerfing a ship I paid cash for. It pisses me off, I want my money back. 

I agree with you that there should be some kind of laws regulating what kind of changes are allowed after we paid for the product they advertised. Customers have right to ask for refund if we are no longer satisfied with the product otherwise companies can potentially make products to grab cash from people and later downgrade them. tbh someone can start a class action lawsuits against companies from the cases like these.

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,228 battles
1 minute ago, silverdahc said:

I could think of a dozen other premiums that need to be nerfed 

Are they changing them no

So why are we tweaking the Sims it's not like it's op

prob to make sure it ends up at the bottom of tier 7 ships so you will buy the Kidd when they release it again

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,881 posts
3,538 battles
20 minutes ago, nothere01 said:

You have no idea, do you.

Allow me to expand on this... for those who don't understand.

This is a buff. The armor was never enough to shatter HE of any caliber.

Because the armor is thinner it won't detonate as many AP shells and you won't lose huge chunks of HP

• Cool 3

[BIAS]
Alpha Tester
314 posts
9,328 battles
8 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

They are changing a ship which you paid for. Also you essentially bought a license to use the ship, you don't actually own anything.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,921 posts
12,454 battles

While I disagree with OP's tantrum, I do agree that if they directly nerf a ship like they do Sims - however minor a nerf it is - they should offer a buyback.

Mind you, I think the 'nerf' is a joke and won't affect the ship in 99% of situations it'll find itself in and I seriously wonder why they're doing this, but that's not really the point. WG has publicly stated that it 'doesn't like' nerfing premiums directly and they've shown many times that they'd rather remove a ship from availability instead of nerfing it, so why they're doing this is beyond me.

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Supertester
18,921 posts
12,454 battles
2 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

The armor was never enough to shatter HE of any caliber.

No, but now it won't autobounce 200 ~ 203mm AP shells anymore. Now those will overmatch.

• Cool 1

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,419 battles
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

While I disagree with OP's tantrum, I do agree that if they directly nerf a ship like they do Sims - however minor a nerf it is - they should offer a buyback.

Mind you, I think the 'nerf' is a joke and won't affect the ship in 99% of situations it'll find itself in and I seriously wonder why they're doing this, but that's not really the point. WG has publicly stated that it 'doesn't like' nerfing premiums directly and they've shown many times that they'd rather remove a ship from availability instead of nerfing it, so why they're doing this is beyond me.

Thanks @Lert for making my point more clear.

• Cool 1

[5D7]
Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles
12 minutes ago, SoftAndCute said:

I agree with you that there should be some kind of laws regulating what kind of changes are allowed after we paid for the product they advertised. Customers have right to ask for refund if we are no longer satisfied with the product otherwise companies can potentially make products to grab cash from people and later downgrade them. tbh someone can start a class action lawsuits against companies from the cases like these.

There is in the EU, they protect digital products like they are physical. WGEU could be looking at having to refund for this.

• Cool 3

Members
1,767 posts
8,068 battles

I have been assuming this is a buff and I think WG should state their reasons.

If they won't nerf the Black, Flint, Kamikaze, Nikolai, Gremyaschy, Belfast and Kutuzov, there is no reason they would purposely nerf the Sims.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

LittleWhiteMouse     16,128

• LittleWhiteMouse
  • WoWS Community Contributors
  • 7,102 posts
  • 5,856 battles
  On 11/20/2017 at 10:42 AM,Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Yah but Mouse this is Deck armor, how many HE shells will plunge through the deck? Also this will make penning the Sims with AP harder since there is less armor to set the fuse, i honestlt think that this is Wargaming testing an idea on how to stop the increase in pens to DD by AP.

HE shells don't "plunge" through any armour at all.  They always explode on the surface of whatever they strike.  If you meant about HE shells lobbing and hitting the decks?  It's very unlikely that any secondaries will be doing so.  The 88mm secondaries have a maximum reach of 7.56km and their trajectory isn't that bad.  Given the relative inaccuracy of secondaries, it's going to be a really extreme chance that this will ever apply.

The difference this has with AP shells is simply whether or not a heavy cruiser AP shell will bounce off a destroyer's deck or not -- that's it.  It would have zero effect on fuse-arming.  As it stands, deck penetrations in this game are all but non-existent.  It takes some pretty extreme shooting ranges from guns of all calibers to pull it off

Not that it matters to this particular discussion.

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 2

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,881 posts
3,538 battles
6 minutes ago, Lert said:

No, but now it won't autobounce 200 ~ 203mm AP shells anymore. Now those will overmatch.

This is a fraction of a fraction. Amount of 200mm+ guns , and then the amount shooting AP and then the amount that strike the deck for like what 300 damage? 

Or you can eat 3k+ from a BB shooting AP.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,921 posts
12,454 battles

So you believe.

200 / 203mm guns are everywhere at high tiers, and as for BB AP, what's the armor thickness needed to trigger the fuse anyways?

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,228 battles
12 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

Allow me to expand on this... for those who don't understand.

This is a buff. The armor was never enough to shatter HE of any caliber.

Because the armor is thinner it won't detonate as many AP shells and you won't lose huge chunks of HP

loool this is not a buff AP pens from BB rarely happen getting shot by 203 well that happens mooore

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,228 battles
2 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

This is a fraction of a fraction. Amount of 200mm+ guns , and then the amount shooting AP and then the amount that strike the deck for like what 300 damage? 

Or you can eat 3k+ from a BB shooting AP.

How many games you got in a Sims?? I think I might have more than your entire games played