Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
thedeathball

How is this fair? What advantage does a Lexington have?

11 comments in this topic

[RST]
[RST]
Members
9 posts
3,688 battles

So I stop playing this game over a year ago because a patch dropped the default Lexington from a 2-1-1 to a 1-1-1 which put it at a huge disadvantage against the Shokaku. However it poorly could of been defended by saying "American planes are superior" but now with the Enterprise with a composition of 2-2-2, what advantage does a Lexington have?  How has the Lexington remained broken for over a year now?

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,986 posts

Lexington is garbo, you don't even get the ability to play it as it's original battlecruiser self, then at least you could derp around and shoot people up with your secondaries.

[LEGIT]
Beta Testers
297 posts
15,758 battles

I played Lex a lot even though I made it all the way to Midway. imo, the only viable loadout for Lex is AS so that I can protect my fleet by sacrificing the potential damage i can make with current balanced (stock) or strike loadouts.

Edited by SoftAndCute

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,598 posts
14,017 battles

You've been gone a long, long time OP if you came back and just noticed that Lexi's 2/1/1 is kaput :Smile_Default:  I was quite upset about it.  I had *JUST* gotten to Lexington back in the day.  Then a week or two later, WG nerfed her into the ground.  I got her because she was the first USN CV that has ample fighter capability and decent enough attack capability.  2/1/1 was where it was at!  Then WG took it away.

Right now?  Stock 1/1/1 is doable but unforgiving, IMO.  Most especially so against Enterprise, AS CVs.

AS Lexington sports 2 fighters to put fear into other CVs for their planes.  The problem is her ability to do damage is so bad that she's likely a non-factor in damage contribution for the team.

The fun part?  When the USN CV Revamp goes live, Lexington gets the help of +1 RNG Fest Dive Bomber.

Yay?

Nay.

Give her back her 2/1/1.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[BLUE_]
Members
385 posts
14,099 battles

Her advantage is that the enemy CV won't take you seriously if you aren't running 2-0-2. :cap_book:

Let's see what the new version of the USN CVs will bring us.

[LEGIT]
Beta Testers
297 posts
15,758 battles

I tried new Lex loadout in PTS. Her new 112 loadout is obviously better than current 111.

However, Lex will still struggle against decent CV skippers running Shokaku's and Enterprise's 222 loadouts.

Edited by SoftAndCute

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,484 posts
6,657 battles
39 minutes ago, Cpt_JM_Nascimento said:

Let's see what the new version of the USN CVs will bring us.

We already know. Fills one with enthusiasm, doesn't it?

[BLUE_]
Members
385 posts
14,099 battles
25 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

We already know. Fills one with enthusiasm, doesn't it?

I have heard all kinds of reviews from them in the PTS. When they hit live server, i want to try them myself to have my own conclusions (when even the potatoes will try the "new stuff" as well, so i can grind faster :cap_haloween:)

[RST]
[RST]
Members
9 posts
3,688 battles
21 hours ago, Cpt_JM_Nascimento said:

I have heard all kinds of reviews from them in the PTS. When they hit live server, i want to try them myself to have my own conclusions (when even the potatoes will try the "new stuff" as well, so i can grind faster :cap_haloween:)

When are the USN carriers being updated?

[BLUE_]
Members
385 posts
14,099 battles
On 24/11/2017 at 5:57 PM, thedeathball said:

When are the USN carriers being updated?

Next update (most likely this wednesday when the rental ships will be changed as well). The new forms of the US CVs were being tested in the public test recently and anyone could play them. But knowing WG they could change their minds only a few hours before the patch in the live server (memories from german DDs, Henry IV...). So don't take it as 100%.

Sign in to follow this