You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AyanoMidori

Premium Fuso

What tier would you prefer a premium Fuso to be?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What tier would you prefer?

• Tier 5 - Old stock Fuso\Yamashiro
    • Tier 6 - Modernised Yamashiro

29 comments in this topic

[-ARP-]
Members
395 posts
3,623 battles

With WG's insistence on selling old IJN BB stock hulls as premiums, as with the case of Mutsu and Ashitaka, I've become worried they will be doing the same with Fuso. I for one have been hoping for a premium Yamashiro at tier 6, and I'd 100% be willing to buy it. I'd like to see what everyone thinks, would you prefer a stock Fuso/Yamashiro or a 1944 modernised Yamashiro?

LGuWhE1.png

This is Yamashiro in 1917. She doesn't look completely the same as her sistership, so if WG thinks they can get away with not doing in model work I'm afraid they've got it wrong. Even at tier 5 I bet Yamashiro wouldn't be hard to kill, most of you who have played the old Fuso stock hull will remember how poor her armor was.

L5YS0BT.png

Here is Yamashiro in 1944. Unlike Fuso, her number 3 turret is still facing the backwards. Plus her bridge structure looks noticeably different, if not a bit more stable and full.

• Cool 4

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

I wouldn't mind. Say what you want about old stock Fuso but her hull modeling and texturing was beautifully done. I'd love to have that model back in-game.

Though, I wouldn't say no to a late-war Yamashiro either.

• Cool 2

[LRM2]
Members
10 posts
3,725 battles

I'd like to have the 1944 Yamashiro. I honestly think they should remove Ashitaka. It's incredible that they have so many premium IJN BBs. I'd like to see different ships, not old stock versions of ships.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Beta Testers
251 posts
1,395 battles

Hmm... so when they modernized the boat they essentially got rid of the silly looking destroyer bridge that the Myogi has in game and replaced it with something that looks quite imposing and very commandish-like. :Smile-_tongue:

I'd support a T6 Modernized Yamashiro. Though I'd be interested to know what kind of gimmick they'd give her in terms of her combat capabilities.

• Cool 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,420 posts
3,413 battles

Sub_Octavian said they won't be doing any more stock hull Premiums, at least for the IJN, but that remains to be seen. So a T6 Yamashiro, T5 Kirishima (and maybe T6 Kongou/Haruna) is more likely than getting a proper T7 Mutsu or T9 Kii (not that it isn't impossible; just rename the stock-ish hulls with a fictional name like Ishizuchi and market properly tiered hulls).

Hello!

I'd say, it is not some deliberate strategy, but rather a coincidence. While Musashi was a pretty popular request, Mutsu and Ashitaka are the result of us having spare hulls (basically, ship models), and willing to put them into use. Actually, the former New Mexico stock hull could have a new life as well. We do not plan to specifically continue with such ships for IJN, and will try to make IJN premium fleet generally more diverse.

Personally, I'd love for a T6 Yamashiro; with her full AA she'd mostly fend off DBs (those AP DBs will definitely be a concern in the future), but she'd lose some offensive capability due to waiting for all 4 rear-facing turrets to shift around. Maybe buff the sigma by 0.1 in exchange, or just the traverse.

I'd also like for the current Kii to be renamed Ashitaka, and be done with both the failed stock hull concept and freeing up the Kii name for a future T9 line or Premium with modernization. Mirror Amagi's armor/TDS stats but with torpedoes, 10cm DPs, and higher speed. HP would be increased with the standard HP tiering formula for BBs. If it's an FXP Premium, leave the guns as-is (410mm/45 w/ Type 91 shells). If it's a line ship, let its final hull upgrade the guns to Izumo's 410mm/50 but with the same current 1.8 sigma.

XHWI1EE.jpg

Edited by YamatoA150
  • Cool 1

[-ARP-]
Members
395 posts
3,623 battles

Off the bit Yamashiro wouldn't be a complete clone as they were modernised differently. A simple premium Fuso is more than enough for me. I loved that boat.

[LRM2]
Members
10 posts
3,725 battles
2 minutes ago, AllysaRockz said:

Hmm... so when they modernized the boat they essentially got rid of the silly looking destroyer bridge that the Myogi has in game and replaced it with something that looks quite imposing and very commandish-like. :Smile-_tongue:

I'd support a T6 Modernized Yamashiro. Though I'd be interested to know what kind of gimmick they'd give her in terms of her combat capabilities.

I'd like to see some new mechanics in game to put in premium ships to make them unique.

[HINON]
Members
1,491 posts
14,550 battles

I will always approve of more Pagoda masts in game. :Smile_great:

I'd support the modernized 1944 version.

[BORK]
[BORK]
Supertester
253 posts
4,726 battles

I have to say I am very against stock premiums. Yes they would be neat at a later date. But right now there are so many other lines, historically relavent premiums, operations, ect, that deserve to be in the game first. So again, I'm down with a stock fuso sister ship. However it should be added only when other more pressing features has been added. 

[LRM2]
Members
10 posts
3,725 battles
4 minutes ago, Doors_The_Dwarf said:

I have to say I am very against stock premiums. Yes they would be neat at a later date. But right now there are so many other lines, historically relavent premiums, operations, ect, that deserve to be in the game first. So again, I'm down with a stock fuso sister ship. However it should be added only when other more pressing features has been added. 

I'd definitely agree 

[_AAM_]
Alpha Tester
456 posts
5,921 battles

Personally, the only ships I'm still looking for (in any form) are Ise and Hyuga.  They don't have to be the BBCV conversions...1941 configuration and Tier V or VI would be great.   :)

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
2,439 posts
4,080 battles

I'd be fine with either, honestly. A tier V premium would occupy a position that isn't already filled by Mutsu, but I understand how the stock-premium thing is getting a bit tired for some folks.

[SYN]
Members
14,378 posts
10,239 battles

This version...

g2IJF4C.jpg

10x 41cm guns and other equipment would be in the 1944/45 range.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
251 posts
1,395 battles
3 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

Ugh, Japan why... who thought it was a good idea to put 60% of the firepower in the arrière? On a battleship? :Smile_facepalm: I get you were basically running scared for the most part because the Americans were coming for that booty, but still...

410mm guns would be fun, but wouldn't that force it to be bumped up a tier to T7? That would defeat the purpose of adding the Yamashiro as the Fuso's sister ship, since they wouldn't even be in the same tier anymore.

[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,660 posts
2,671 battles
11 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

This version...

g2IJF4C.jpg

10x 41cm guns and other equipment would be in the 1944/45 range.

I agree, and at tier 7 premium to go with that armor upgrade that Fuso was going to have as well :)

iUZKP8F.jpg

That's 4.62 inches of armor over the machinery space, 9 inches of upper belt ABOVE the citadel and 12 inch main belt angled out at the citadel with a 2.5 inch anti-torpedo bulkhead slightly behind it which would catch most shells hitting that belt before going into that citadel.

[SYN]
Members
14,378 posts
10,239 battles
2 hours ago, AllysaRockz said:

Ugh, Japan why... who thought it was a good idea to put 60% of the firepower in the arrière? On a battleship? :Smile_facepalm: I get you were basically running scared for the most part because the Americans were coming for that booty, but still...

410mm guns would be fun, but wouldn't that force it to be bumped up a tier to T7? That would defeat the purpose of adding the Yamashiro as the Fuso's sister ship, since they wouldn't even be in the same tier anymore.

Mutsu is T6, Nagato is T7

The design is really good, considering how old the hull is.

Many ships in WoWs only work well in WoWs, because of the lack of wave physics affecting the buoyancy of the ship, especially in rough seas.

Gearing, Allen M. Sumners and South Dakota were particularly bad in rough waves, because they were too front heavy in comparison to their frontal buoyancy.

2 hours ago, Azumazi said:

I agree, and at tier 7 premium to go with that armor upgrade that Fuso was going to have as well :)

iUZKP8F.jpg

That's 4.62 inches of armor over the machinery space, 9 inches of upper belt ABOVE the citadel and 12 inch main belt angled out at the citadel with a 2.5 inch anti-torpedo bulkhead slightly behind it which would catch most shells hitting that belt before going into that citadel.

Yeah, the armor belt on Fuso would be impressive with her latest modernization package.
The only cost would be top speed, which was approaching USN standards, from what I recall.

I kind of wish WG didn't waste Mutsu on a questionable T6.

We could have had this 10x 41cm gunned Mutsu instead

W360n8O.jpg

Edited by MrDeaf
  • Cool 1

[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,660 posts
2,671 battles

I don't think I've ever seen that Nagato fitting, but it looks like someone took the Battleship X concept and put on the 3 gun turrets super firing over the 2 gun turrets. Not really sure how they planned on making those 3 guns fit into the same 2 gun turret barbettes because those turrets don't even look larger in that picture.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
14,378 posts
10,239 battles

I admit, I forgot where I got that image, but it is entirely possible that is pure fiction.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,196 posts
3,871 battles

The only way I wouldn't have a problem with stock Fuso in tier 5 is if they gave it a fictional name and saved "Yamashiro" for a tier 6 1944 version.

Japan did not build many battleships, so tying up existing names for gimmicks like that, as happened with Mutsu, is very frustrating for someone who might be hoping for a premium version of a line ship they like without any forced changes to make it fit in a different tier.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
251 posts
1,395 battles
20 hours ago, MrDeaf said:

Mutsu is T6, Nagato is T7

Yeah, I get that. They wanted to make those two unique since they were sister ships... In order to have those guns and be at T6 though, the Mutsu suffered for it. But had the Mutsu been at T7... it would have been a painful premium, like the Huang Meh. Its armor is rubbish, and any torpedoes you fire at it will do massive amounts of damage due to the weak torpedo belt. On top of that, the AA is, from my understanding, the worst of the T6 BBs... essentially, you're really good at hitting first, but you're really bad at taking any sort of initial or prolonged punishment, especially from other battleships or carriers.

Not to mention that in the picture you provided before, it looks as though you would have to give an uncomfortable amount of the side of the boat in order to fire your broadside, which again, brings about the problem the Mutsu had with the torpedoes. If you give a reason to go broadside, the player will do it. And at T7, a broadside boat, regardless of what it is, is just begging to be shot at.

TLDR: I like the idea of the Yamashiro at T6 far more than having it be at T7, since I feel like having it at T7 would just make it a weaker premium.

Members
2,092 posts
8,093 battles
On 11/23/2017 at 1:05 PM, AyanoMidori said:

With WG's insistence on selling old IJN BB stock hulls as premiums, as with the case of Mutsu and Ashitaka, I've become worried they will be doing the same with Fuso. I for one have been hoping for a premium Yamashiro at tier 6, and I'd 100% be willing to buy it. I'd like to see what everyone thinks, would you prefer a stock Fuso/Yamashiro or a 1944 modernised Yamashiro?

LGuWhE1.png

This is Yamashiro in 1917. She doesn't look completely the same as her sistership, so if WG thinks they can get away with not doing in model work I'm afraid they've got it wrong. Even at tier 5 I bet Yamashiro wouldn't be hard to kill, most of you who have played the old Fuso stock hull will remember how poor her armor was.

L5YS0BT.png

Here is Yamashiro in 1944. Unlike Fuso, her number 3 turret is still facing the backwards. Plus her bridge structure looks noticeably different, if not a bit more stable and full.

If you ask me this game doesn’t need any more BBs ATM