You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
maxrx

Help! Any tactics for the Minekaze?

10 comments in this topic

Members
120 posts
6,087 battles

I have my "Ninjakaze" since 1-2 years. And  she was  very comfortable and compatible with my play stile (always). In fact, I think that I even adapted my style of play to her potential.

She wasn't OP, but she gave me so much fun that I almost did not want to touch another ship, like Mutsuki or Hatsuharu. I just wanted to skip to Fubuki on her tech tree branch.

In the past, as we already know, she was "changed".

Today, after a long time without playing with "Ninjakaze", I realize that she can only a effective attack to ships that chase her. And,  what is Worse, she can't compete on fair terms against Kamikaze, Fujin, etc. She is simply no match against another IJN DD of her own Tier.

The reason for those changes, at that moment,  was that "she should adjust to his new role" (?).

But what is her new role? What tactics are effective today? Is my playstyle? Is a new gameplay? Any idea?

personally, I'm pretty lost (and frustrated) :Smile_sad:

Edited by maxrx

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

it got nerf'd and kamikaze is no longer for sale.  it was deemed too easy to seal club.     time to move up to another ship.   

[SALTY]
[SALTY]
Members
258 posts
4,619 battles

Would like to have the Kamikaze R...

• Cool 3

[WOLF3]
Members
157 posts
5,518 battles

She is a shadow of her old self, sold her after the IJN switcheroo.

Kami R is still good boat though.

[RIPQP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,614 battles

She was nerfed, but the overall playstyle should have remained the same; just play a bit more conservatively now.

[SONUM]
Beta Testers
566 posts
3,796 battles

Buy a Kamikaze/Fujin or get a Pan-Asian DD and stop going up the IJN line.  What you realized regarding ships needing to chase into your torpedoes stays the same at higher tiers.  Especially if you go F3 with its 8km range.

Members
120 posts
6,087 battles
7 minutes ago, centarina said:

se puso nervioso y kamikaze ya no está a la venta. se consideró demasiado fácil sellar el club. hora de pasar a otro barco.   

I have almost more than 4000 battles and with Minekaze, 410. It's around 10%. It's not about moving to another ship, Just  because I have Fubuki or Shiratsuyu or Akatsuki.

She was a very fun ship, and I want to try to make it work in some way.

Members
120 posts
6,087 battles
26 minutes ago, _Fantomex_ said:

She was nerfed, but the overall playstyle should have remained the same; just play a bit more conservatively now.

She is a very different ship now. In fact, developers talk about "a new role" but I dont know what that new role is.

22 minutes ago, WhimsicalPacifist said:

Buy a Kamikaze/Fujin or get a Pan-Asian DD and stop going up the IJN line.  What you realized regarding ships needing to chase into your torpedoes stays the same at higher tiers.  Especially if you go F3 with its 8km range.

Those Ships that dont sell anymore, although yes, I would buy them as "trainers" for my captains. But it is another thing.

Now, my doubt (and frustration) is knowing how to play with Minekaze.

Edited by maxrx

[SONUM]
Beta Testers
566 posts
3,796 battles
34 minutes ago, maxrx said:

She is a very different ship now. In fact, developers talk about "a new role" but I dont know what that new role is.

Those Ships that dont sell anymore, although yes, I would buy them as "trainers" for my captains. But it is another thing.

Now, my doubt (and frustration) is knowing how to play with Minekaze.

Wait until December starts.  There's usually an opportunity to get some of the rarer ships outside of the ludicrous fleet bundles.

With Minekaze it will often take two salvos (at least 8 torpedoes) to get the job that the single salvo (6) would get done before.  Only way to make the lower damage/faster reload work is to launch 4, wait 20s then launch 2 and pray that they're idiotic enough to run into them.  Or shoot and hope that the anemic guns actually start several fires.

[FAE]
Members
2,115 posts
2,498 battles

IJN DDs are an exercise in frustration nowadays. Wait for PA DDs, or Try the Clemson, Benson, Fletcher Gearing.