Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Umikami

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

23 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,856 battles

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE, AND ESPECIALLY TO ALL OF OUR SERVICE PERSONEL SERVING OUR COUNTRY AND AWAY FROM HOME AND LOVED ONES. MAY ALL YOUR DAYS BE MERRY, AND SOMETHING TO BE THANKFUL FOR.

• Cool 12

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles

Yup Happy Thanksgiving!

Enjoy the day and cherish the time with your family.

Hopefully, by the end of the first half of the 2nd football game you will be stretched out on the floor groaning, with your belt undone, in a joyful tryptophan stupor, while the dog tries to lick gravy off your face. :cap_like:

I urge all our good neighbors to the North to slap a slab of turkey on your daily ration of poutine, and celebrate along with us., 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

I wholeheartedly agree - have a wonderful, wondrous Thanksgiving Day. Don't be afraid to speak out and ask for seconds if they're available - it's expected.

• Cool 1

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
648 posts
12,062 battles

Ehm question from Europe:

It is that thanksgiving celebration when,, native Americans,, /before US corrections called Indians,, saved first settlers? And after less than 100 years that settlers genocide natives and send them to reservations until this days? Or its celebration of Harvest festival? Just curious.

Edited by Gandariel

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,026 posts
11 minutes ago, Gandariel said:

Ehm question from Europe

Yep.  History is not always what we would like.  People are not always how we would like them to be.  Myths exist for a reason.

The celebration of family and gratitude is something worth continuing regardless.

Happy Thanksgiving.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Members
3,321 posts
11,856 battles

Happy turkey day to all!

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Have a happy Thanksgiving guys!

[PSP]
Members
6,041 posts
8,583 battles

The last Thanksgiving I spent in the service, I was in the field eating C-Rations. I grabbed the turkey loaf, which was my favorite. However, I was home for good that Christmas.

Thanksgiving is just America's way of celebrating a harvest festival, which has been done since people discovered they could stay in one place if they planted seeds and harvested them rather than roaming around eating bison and mammoths. Among the oldest gods worshiped are the fertility and harvest deities, to whom ancient man gave thanks. Therefore, the holliday actually has its roots much farther back than the Pilgrims. Holiday get-togethers are important in engendering and maintaining cohesion in families and societies. This is why most cultures have a holiday of some kind or another about every month or so.

In the days before good food preservation practices were discovered or invented, harvest feasts allowed a person to store up calories in body fat where it wouldn't spoil. Things got lean during the winter, and so did the people.

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
1 hour ago, Gandariel said:

Ehm question from Europe:

It is that thanksgiving celebration when,, native Americans,, /before US corrections called Indians,, saved first settlers? And after less than 100 years that settlers genocide natives and send them to reservations until this days? Or its celebration of Harvest festival? Just curious.

I'm glad we have someone to move the conversation toward murder and genocide.

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,181 posts
2,029 battles

Happy Thanksgiving all!

[NDA]
Supertester
4,775 posts
13,589 battles

The Sinksalot Fleet wishes all a Happy Thanksgiving.

May your turkey be moist and tender but your stuffing free of stomach bugs that require a trip to the ER. 

:Smile_honoring:

Sign in to follow this